Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Anyone interested in 1x1 roleplaying?

Skylight Scintillate

Hello everyone, I'm feeling interested in doing some 1x1 roleplays here on the forums. I am pretty flexible with what kind of RP it will be, whether involving canon characters or OCs, SoL or adventure and such. I have some RP ideas, so if anyone is interested, I can talk about them. (I'm also up for a G5 RP if anyone is interested.)

Let's see, here are the OCs I have so far.

• Dr. Clue, a detective
  • Peppermint, a botanist
  • Misty, a breezie pollinator
  • Plum Blossom, a filly and plum farmer

However, I usually like to create the OC for the RP.
I have some RP ideas in mind, but they are kind of vague right now. All the ideas are G4 except the first one.

• G5 SoL, characters interacting right after magic being restored in G5. Lots of inter-species stuff.
  • Chrysalis has taken over Canterlot subtlety and successfully, roleplay as ponies and realize something is off, or as changelings.
  • An adventure RP involving dragons, or griffons, or changelings, or kirins...
  • One of the villains has successfully taken over Equestria. (But then what?)
  • RP involving students at Celestia's school for Gifted Unicorns and everything related to magic.
  • Fillies doing filly things?
  • Alternate Universe RPs where character roles get scrambled around or something.

Anyways, those are my ideas, do you have any ideas?

Edited by Radiant Reindeer

@Radiant Reindeer I'm really sorry about the late response.

On 2021-12-15 at 10:16 PM, Radiant Reindeer said:

Let's see, here are the OCs I have so far.

• Dr. Clue, a detective
  • Peppermint, a botanist
  • Misty, a breezie pollinator
  • Plum Blossom, a filly and plum farmer

However, I usually like to create the OC for the RP.
I have some RP ideas in mind, but they are kind of vague right now. All the ideas are G4 except the first one.

• G5 SoL, characters interacting right after magic being restored in G5. Lots of inter-species stuff.
  • Chrysalis has taken over Canterlot subtlety and successfully, roleplay as ponies and realize something is off, or as changelings.
  • An adventure RP involving dragons, or griffons, or changelings, or kirins...
  • One of the villains has successfully taken over Equestria. (But then what?)
  • RP involving students at Celestia's school for Gifted Unicorns and everything related to magic.
  • Fillies doing filly things?
  • Alternate Universe RPs where character roles get scrambled around or something.

Anyways, those are my ideas, do you have any ideas?

The characters that you have are pretty interesting. I know from the list of RP ideas you have in mind, I know that the first idea of G5, the idea of Celestia's school and an alternate universe RP sound pretty interesting. I would say it depends on the RP and the characters as I'm wondering if my OC fits into any specific story. Here's a link to his character page.

@Dynamo Pad

Well, that certainly is quite the backstory for your character. Were there any RPs that your character participated in? I think that you probably could make the character work for some of the ideas that I have listed. The character probably won't work for the G5 RP idea though... What do you think? What kind of RPs do you usually do/like?

Edited by Ocean Wavedream

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-12-20 at 8:21 AM, Ocean Wavedream said:

@Dynamo Pad

Well, that certainly is quite the backstory for your character. Were there any RPs that your character participated in? I think that you probably could make the character work for some of the ideas that I have listed. The character probably won't work for the G5 RP idea though... What do you think? What kind of RPs do you usually do/like?

I'm really sorry about the late response. Thank you for the mention of his backstory. My character participated in a few RP's and I'm glad he could work in some of the ideas that you listed. I would want to say that he could fit in G5, but I would only say that because of seeing a DDR machine. Although, I'm not sure how advanced Equestria is in G5 as there are phones like Pipp has and other pieces of technology that needed outlets. I usually participate in romance and slice of life, but I'm open to any kind of ideas if it can work for my OC. 

@Ocean Wavedream

Oh, okay and I might look into that. I recently finished a group RP and was thinking of taking a break from group RP's for a little while. However, I'll still look into it the RP.

For the Celestia School for Gifted Unicorns, I can imagine Dynamo would be there to harness his magic a bit better. As he has some trouble controlling it after not learning of his magic for quite a while like in his backstory. That, and I can imagine he would be there to learn and/or discover a new type of magic that would fit with his special talent. 

@Ocean Wavedream

I think that would be cool for an RP between two students. I'm not sure for the overarching goal, but I'm always down for a casual SoL. I can imagine there could be school moments and moments where they are exploring Canterlot. Although, I was going to ask how old would the characters be in the story. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Ocean Wavedream

Okay and that sounds like a plan. I was going to say that maybe after Dynamo gets his cutie mark at the age of 14, but I wasn't sure if that's too late to enter Celestia's school. Since I'm not sure if there's a particular age range that they accept you into the school, or something along those lines. What do you think? :catface:

@Ocean Wavedream

Awesome and thanks for letting me know. :) 

The only thing I could think of in regards to work out before the RP is the schedule. What I meant was about the classes our characters would attend. Would it be them going through all of the classes each school day, or would it skip around to different classes throughout each day? :catface:

(edited)

@Dynamo Pad

I think that the RP should be able to skip around a bit since I already have a rigid schedule during the day, so I feel that an RP where they would go through all classes everyday would tire me out really quickly. However, that does bring up another question: What classes would they be taking exactly? And should we have a rule/guide for how the teachers and classmates are written?

Huh, well that's strange. I'm not quite sure what happened to the character I created. Do you think we should get started and I would switch the character when he gets approved?

23 hours ago, Ocean Wavedream said:

@Dynamo Pad

I think that the RP should be able to skip around a bit since I already have a rigid schedule during the day, so I feel that an RP where they would go through all classes everyday would tire me out really quickly. However, that does bring up another question: What classes would they be taking exactly? And should we have a rule/guide for how the teachers and classmates are written?

@Ocean Wavedream

Oh, okay and I'm okay with that plan. I'm not entirely sure on what classes there would be. I think there was a story from the comic's from Twilight being in Magic school, while I think there was a class shown in the episode "Amending Fences". I can imagine some of the teachers are tough, but are caring and understanding. Considering the school is from Canterlot, I can imagine some of the students and ponies look down upon those that don't meet superiority or something along those lines.

I can imagine the classes being like regular classes from school, while maybe there is a lesson on the study of magic, as well as magic practice.

23 hours ago, Ocean Wavedream said:

Huh, well that's strange. I'm not quite sure what happened to the character I created. Do you think we should get started and I would switch the character when he gets approved?

I'm really sorry to hear that happened, but I do admit that is a bit strange. I hope that the character you have in mind can be approved. If you want to wait for the character to be approved, then I don't mind waiting.

(edited)

@Dynamo Pad

Yeah that definitely makes sense. I suppose that there would be quite an emphasis on magic at that school, but there would be flexibility with what other classes are mentioned. As for the character, it's fine. I think that it will be sorted out within a day or two.

Oh, I probably should have mentioned my character. Sunlight Gleam is a unicorn who really likes magic and is quite outgoing. It says that he's a professor as his title, but in this RP, he's a young student.