Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private IC: The Frozen North (1x1 with Blitz Boom)

Props Valroa

@Blitz Boom

Magloria leads him down the wandering halls. Their hooves can be heard echoing through the silent cave halls. It was an eerie sound with how quiet it was besides the sounds of their hooves. It was a tactical play on Magloria's part - to allow his words to fall silent in the midst of their present location. Magloria would soon approach a junction between a dead end and a path that proceeded forward. Looking back to him for a moment, she would continue along forward. 

Along forward there was a small tunnel and a stone at the end of it. Magloria would lead the way up to the stone and with her magic she would push the stone out of place and exit in its place. The sunlight beamed in as Magloria exited the hole and stood on the ground outside. They were on a mountain range from what it seemed. The distinct outline of the mountains and their green nature - was a clear giveaway towards where they were. The Green Mountains.

They were up a mountain of their own as well, for there was a large forest canopy below the area as well. It didn't seem like there was any population centers around. "Now you know where we are." Magloria commented, smirking ever so slightly as she looked back at him.

image.thumb.png.703ef20cd406c299da179f2f5078ce7f.png

@Starforce

"...Perhaps."

He knew of this place, as well as one could, when never going there. He saw it in the distance, he had a vague idea of where it were, compared to other places, but he mostly ignored it, and never went here. If more were like that, he could guess why she wanted to go here for a hideout. As well as it being hard to get to her, and away too, as it wasn't like you could just take a train off of the mountain. The high ground advantage had some perks too, but they'd have to see, how things evolved from here.

"At least it is more livable than the frozen wastes. Come on girls, out of the jacket. It's nice and cat friendly here."

He had barely unzipped said jacket, before the two had jumped out, and began to look around, curious as to where this were, that had so much fresh air, and curious smells.

As for him, since this place wasn't frozen, he could take off the jacket, and breathe a little easier. At least for now. Underneath, he'd be wearing the suit that he normally did everywhere else, covering his limbs and body almost entirely. Just the way he liked it, despite others claiming the colors were an eye sore. He didn't care. It fit him, so he were more than happy with the tailor-made suit. Despite it not being in its prime anymore, perhaps. A little faded and all that, though nothing major, in his opinion.

"So what now then?"

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Magloria stood there idly as she looked over the mountain range calmly. From her reactions, she could have possibly been able to figure out how much he knew about this place based on his expression. It was good that this place was so far isolated. It was a tactical play on her part - to base herself in the ice and snow where one would normally look for a mare of her stature. Then, only for her to end up 'missing' without leaving behind a trace. They were many, many miles from the snowy wastes anyways. So who could possibly look here?

"Now - we plot our next move." she spoke. It was going to be a test of his value for her. He had proven himself to move things on command like she wanted, but now she wanted to make use of his mind and put it to the test. "I have waited far too long. It's time to be a bit more ambitious. Any suggestions? I have a few, but I'd like to see where your mind is at before we start." her eyes narrowed a bit, her expression was a direct contrast to the otherwise beautiful landscape surrounding the duo. 

@Starforce

"I've never been grand in scope. I'm a precision instrument. I wandered around, began to listen in on what sort were in the area, and focused in on those who were known to have done horrendous things, yet avoided the law. Too much power to be touched. Those were my targets, and I taught them well, that they weren't as safe as they thought. Even if some of them took longer to get hold of, than I would've liked.

If you're thinking larger scale, I am assuming you mean to abolish the monarchy, or set a new heir on the throne? Either way, you'd need to probably start a nation-wide revolt for that. Decades of stirring the hearts of the nation, to bring out all the dark sides, and make them believe it.

But I am assuming what you have in mind, will require less long term planning? Most who goes for the throne have it like that. Personally, I stopped thinking that high long ago. To start a revolt, takes a certain degree of personality, and I'm not all that likable."

He might as well just embrace the truth himself, right? He wasn't the one most would find a figure worth rallying around, and he got it. He was smug, cruel, and would openly admit to picking his cats, over anyone else. SO he had to think lower rung, and go for shaking the foundation of the noble houses. And that came mostly from making sure those of their members who had been some really bad ones, got what they deserved. Celestia herself, had been beyond his reach. But it sounded as if perhaps, Magloria had other thoughts on the matter, and might aim that high? Her downfall, more than likely. Tended to be what happened, to those who aimed for the throne.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

At the suggestion of her taking down the monarchy she would burst out laughing. It was a surprising show of emotion. Her laugh sounded quite foreign to his ears in most likely cases, that meaning that it was likely one of the last things he had expected from her to do. After a few brief seconds of laughing she almost instaneously resumed her rather stoic expression and pose as if that never happened.

"What do you take me for, an idiot? Those who aim so high and shoot for the moon find themselves getting lost within the stars." she remarked as she looked out to the horizon. "Those that do don't have any brains to back up their aim, I can say that much. My aim, per say? I have none." she shrugged idly. "Why have an aim when you don't have a target? I have no target to shoot. No target to remove." she grinned, almost smirking.

"The best way to defeat an idea - is to define it. To make it your own. So many in this land do not realize how much everything they believe has been subverted and twisted. If you remove one noble - another takes their place. One has to remove the idea of nobility all together, but even if one did that - it would resume under a different name. There is no escaping this paradigm." she mentioned calmly.

"Unless you are the one who defines what that is." her eyes narrowed. 

@Starforce

"So you're not aiming for the throne then. You're aiming to redefine the power structure of Equestria? Intriguing. My plans were less about destroying the concept of nobility, or even full on houses, but just make sure that who sat there, would be those who were at least tolerable beings. Met a few, even if they are few and far in between.

But returning to you then. Pray tell, if you are not looking at a target per se, but rather plan to change something utterly fundamental, how to you plan to accomplish that? Or haven't I earned the trust to hear this yet?"

He pretended to be hurt by the last sentence, but it should be rather clear he were merely making a jest. Were he in her shoes, he wouldn't blabber on about his grand plans that easily, to someone who had only just been pushed into servitude. Weren't like he had earned himself trust yet, and honestly, he thought he should. Moving boxes wasn't enough. Had to be some more time, and some proper tests first, to see what would happen.

Regardless of what the plan might be, he'd still be curious, and as said, intrigued. It were a novel idea. One without substance thus far, but he would give her that it were original, and might as such, actually work somehow.

The cats meanwhile, would give some noise, as they both came in with a bird in their mouths. Local animal life apparently weren't used to cats, or had just not paid attention, so the two of them had gone out once they saw some fly around, and managed to catch some lunch. Wasn't a lot of bird for two cats, but it would sate the for now, and they didn't mind sharing. They hunted together, and they ate together. Easy as that, for them, as they were rather close. Though they would prefer one each, of course. Better luck next time.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Magloria was silent for a little bit as she looked out into the horizon. The green mountain range extending as far as the eye can see - at least in the direction she were looking in. The wind blowed idly, and she caught sight of the bird the cats had caught. She clearly didn't mind that, though. As one can guess from her character she was not easily made squeamish like most ponies were. That were a given, really.

"Who is to say what I have, and don't have?" she asked rhetorically to him, her gaze piercing into his eyes. "It's not like anyone else would know, anyways." her gaze broke away and looked off into the distance. "I find it unlikely anyone else would find us out here. We are at least an hour's walk from the closest inhabited area. Even that would be at a brisk pace." she shrugged idly as she grabbed a stone and tossed it down the hill and watched it roll off beyond their sights.

She smirked somewhat, knowing that she had many secrets hidden from him. That trophy? It was actually something she put there on purpose, to give him the wrong impression about her past. She knew that she would have had someone sort in that room eventually, but it was not so much something for him specifically - as it were for someone in general. Her true past? Was likely far more wide reaching than what he would think. Given the small pieces of her ability set shown thus far, it is possible that he could already have a few clues about that. It was better to mislead someone, than it was to leave a mystery, in her opinion.

"I'd highly suggest you tell me about what else you are capable of, here. Consider this a training ground - for what you are about to teach me." she spoke, clearly not giving him any choice in the matter. She wanted to learn what he was capable of. 

@Starforce

On 2022-04-06 at 10:48 PM, Magloria said:

"Who is to say what I have, and don't have?" she asked rhetorically to him, her gaze piercing into his eyes. "It's not like anyone else would know, anyways." her gaze broke away and looked off into the distance. "I find it unlikely anyone else would find us out here. We are at least an hour's walk from the closest inhabited area. Even that would be at a brisk pace." she shrugged idly as she grabbed a stone and tossed it down the hill and watched it roll off beyond their sights.

"Plenty of time to capture me, if I tried to run off. I get it. Yet still, what reason, or goal, would I have to aim for? Were I somehow able to make it away, you would be gone before I returned. And that is assuming, that I weren't hoofed over to the authorities in the first place. Besides, I need to stay. If for nothing else, then because I am curious, and you'd likely perish from malnutrition in the long run, if you were left alone."

As he spoke, he'd glance over at his cats, messily chewing away at their shared meal. Actually brought a bit of a smile on his face. Not everypony that liked to see this sort of thing, as they thought hurting animals was wrong, and seeing them as food especially, were disgusting. Weak ones in his mind. Cats, and several other pets, were predators. They needed to eat meat, not be fed with that revolting synthetic vegan stuff, that some fed their dogs, cats, etc. with instead. Frankly animal cruelty to do that, in his mind.

As for Magloria's smirk, he barely bothered to acknowledge it. She were a manipulative, scheming creature. He were being used one way or another, and wouldn't be told half of what he were being used for. Frankly simpler to just accept that, and go with the flow.

On 2022-04-06 at 10:48 PM, Magloria said:

"I'd highly suggest you tell me about what else you are capable of, here. Consider this a training ground - for what you are about to teach me." she spoke, clearly not giving him any choice in the matter. She wanted to learn what he was capable of. 

"You're going to need to be more specific. I am capable of many things. Physically, magically, culinarily- There is a wide variety of skills, that I am in possession of. So if you want details, you need to be clearer. And if it is magical, you need to remove your little *hat* from my horn."

He pointed towards the *inhibitor* that she put on his horn. Annoying it were, and frankly, unwanted. As well as unnecessary. She had his weapon, and even when he had it, she beat him in a magical duel. What exactly where she afraid hed do without it?

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Magloria shot him a look there. He was just stating the obvious there. Honestly, that irked her a lot. It was a personal pet peeve of hers when others would state the obvious about things. She wanted to put him in his place - but he was already in his place? And doing any more to him would just make her look worse, and so she was forced to keep herself cold and collected. As usual. It wasn't a problem, for her.

Her horn flashed 4 times and he could feel the magic hold over his horn being reduced. If he focused on it, he could tell that he was at a quarter of his power. "Well, you know what you tried to do with your musical magic so why not start there?" Magloria suggested, quirking an eyebrow at that somewhat. She didn't want him suddenly doing something she wasn't able to predict. What if his musical performance was just a ruse and he had some other ability, and take her off guard, for example? That was unacceptable. 

As for his cats, despite them messily chewing away at the bird she didn't react to that. Simply nature, she guessed.  

@Starforce

It wasn't so much, that Operata liked to say blatantly obvious things. It were more that he liked the sound of his own voice, and had little else to say, to fill the air. What came with fame, in his former profession. Gave you a bit of a vocal ego.

Her next action were a surprise, as he hadn't figured she'd actually loosen her chain on him. It were not by a lot, but frankly, any usage of magic, were better than nothing. Felt like the output he'd have, after a long day, so like a quarter, or fifth. Where were the trust? Heh.

"If that's what you want, we can start with something simple then: Whistle a tune."

He'd start to whistle, melodically, like a bird's song, and moved with the melody. A simple melody, from a foal song, about popcorns and rainbows.

"Expertise, means you can mix in various emotions, to melodies where it wouldn't seem to belong. But as a beginner, simplify everything. For positive effects, use joyous melodies, or dances. Whatever rhythmic action will function as your outlet.

Let us try it again, now with magic. Observe."

He'd whistle again, and his horn would begin to glow. Along with the melody now, she should feel a wave of joy and warmth float through her. As if she were resting in a perfectly heated bubble bath, after a long day of work. Pleased with the results of a hard days work, and enjoying the moment, which were rightfully earned.

"Beginner level stuff. Doesn't affect another, just gives a feeling. And to do that, you must imagine said feeling, and push it out via your magic, mixing with the melody. Syncing them up, will give the result.

You may get a headache the first few times. And if you want to know how to do enhancements and shockwaves, that is too early. You need to learn the basics, or you will end up destroying your ear drums, and become permanently deaf. Or peel the skin from your being. Body enhancement are no small matter."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

It were hard to deny that the feeling that washed over her was nothing short of good. Honestly, she hadn't felt something like that in a very long time. Let alone to think of someone making her feel that way? It was either something that was actually genuine - or he was trying to get under her skin by it. Magloria didn't know which of the two she was afraid of more, deep down. Her expression remained unchanged though, evidently not wanting to show him any signs that he had actually managed to make her feel something she had long long desired. Just the feeling of being at peace, for once - but still, her commitment was unchanged. If anything this just goes to show her that her resolve was to remain the way it was - if not stronger. 

She'd give him the time he needed to whistle and speak what he needed to. After he was completed she would nod. "More useful than it looks." she remarked, and would proceed to whistle a tune. It was not at all anything like he was doing - it was more like a more neutral tone, devoid of any emotion yet still highly organized in manner. A whistling tune that sounded devoid of what he had just conveyed. She had no use for whistling until now, but honestly she was rather better at it than he may have thought.

For the next part she would take it slowly as if cautiously and do the same thing. He'd feel some sort of numb feeling wash over her, much like one has when they are merely part of the environment and nothing else. It was the feeling of being an observer, one with the environment. No emotion. No thought. Only observation.

@Starforce

"No no no. Stop it. That's simply ghastly."

Much he'd listen to, but this? This were dreadful. Utterly abhorrent. And no, he were not speaking about the whistling itself. That were acceptable enough. It was the application that were dreadful.

"Music is about feeling. You're trying to weave nothing into the tune, so it's bland and dull. I feel as if I may as well fall asleep here.

Put some emotion into it. Think of a situation that makes you feel something, whatever it is, and try that. The neutral tone of your whistle, won't make it too strong, but let's just try to at least make it function first. We can move on to how to increase the power later.

And yes, you do weave magic in. You have grasped that. But without feeling, it is but a dull neutrality. I feel slightly as if I am standing in an elevator, just waiting for something to happen. You must do better. Excite me. Thrill me. Scare me, if that is what emotion you can best think of. Anything is better than sheer nothingness."

Neither he before, nor her now, would be able to overcome the other with emotions like this, but it could have an effect. And right now, he could imagine this is what a golem felt like. No wants or desires. Just the dull feeling of wanting to stand about, watching over something that ultimately, he did not care about. Urgh, almost made his skin crawl from sheer dullness.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Magloria would narrow her eyes at his comments. If he wanted something else - that is exactly what he would get. Magloria stopped for a moment and began to whistle a different tune along with putting her thought into it. He would feel a feeling of pure hatred flow throughout him. It was a very strong and potent hatred, What it originated from he didn't have a clue, but it was a very undesirable feeling. Perhaps this is how Magloria feels about the nobles, that might be his best guess.

The way the tune was performed was quite different than the last. This one had many dark undertones and odd notes that complimented her tune. It was not the best of tunes but it was a lot more favorable than before, one would figure. Throughout it all, Magloria's face was expressionless. This demonstrates her ability to maintain masks over her true feelings. Before long, she would stop the tune as she didn't want to strain herself already. 

"I trust that the one I just did was not so dull?" she asked, an ever so slight grin coming across her face.

@Starforce

Throughout the tune, Magloria would find that Operata, didn't react as she might think. He didn't start seething, or grow irritable even. Instead, he had his eyes closed, and moved his head with the tone, seeming rather like he were trying to tune himself with it. Which wasn't far from it. A little occupational hazard, with being a conductor. Had he his baton, he would've potentially weaved it a little too, though as it were, he could simple *move with the tune*, if you wanted to think of it like that, with slow, small waves of his head.

"Hatred. Tangible, flowing upon your tune... A weakened version, but yes, you seem to have grasped the basics far better now."

It wasn't like he were immune to musical influence. It was more like this were more of a feeling that would come over you, rather than anything resembling something, which may consume you. She needed more training, and a foci, to do so properly. In time though, perhaps she would be able to harness it better, and instead of making others have a urge, more or less, instead make that feeling all consuming. Something which would dull out, every single other thing. One could d a lot, when they could override emotions. A group could turn into a violent mob, an army could devolve into sobbing messes... And even worse, though he dared not to go That far down himself. There were a thing line between morally bankrupt vigilante, and monster.

"Musical magic, or any other *Muse School* kind of magic, have a baseline in passion. If you feel none, it will fall flat, and be worthless. Yet if you let yourself be consumed by emotion, it will destroy you, before any others.

I'm not a harsh teacher though. You have done well, considering it is your first lesson."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

This were something that she found herself very interested in. While she had no experience with this magic before she knew that in time she could grow with it and become rather dangerous with it. Magloria was already dangerous enough. Having the stolen magic of several unicorns, the physical strength of Earth Ponies - and some pegasi magic to boot. Now that she thought of it, she had not dabbled in pegasi magic all that much. If she was going to become an alicorn - then she needed to practice that as well. With that, the tune faded away.

"Fine line between destruction and a harmonious tune. I see. Now I am curious - tell me about this." she spoke, taking out her Baton. "I'd like you to teach me what to do with my Baton here. I don't know what this does, to be frank. Tune the song? Amplify the tune?" she suggested, holding the Baton in her reach. It was clear that she was emphasizing the fact that it did indeed, belong to her now. "We have all the time in the world to go over each and every detail you know." she spoke rather casually. 

"Teach one to fish and they will fish for a lifetime. This is an invaluable concept." she spoke. She know that stealing ponies magic was something she did. But she did not properly have the time to absorb their spells and knowledge they have. She needed a way to get into their minds. If she can have a loyal minion like Operata is, why can't she have other loyal minions? They maintain their personality, but do not go against her orders and still serve as her batteries, in a sense. It would be rather complicated to do, but she did know that the ponies she had captured had individual talents and spells she did not properly utilize yet.

One thing at a time.

@Starforce

On 2022-04-15 at 10:21 PM, Magloria said:

"Fine line between destruction and a harmonious tune. I see. Now I am curious - tell me about this." she spoke, taking out her Baton. "I'd like you to teach me what to do with my Baton here. I don't know what this does, to be frank. Tune the song? Amplify the tune?" she suggested, holding the Baton in her reach. It was clear that she was emphasizing the fact that it did indeed, belong to her now. "We have all the time in the world to go over each and every detail you know." she spoke rather casually. 

"You aren't familiar with magical foci? Or is it just how it works with musical magic? I will assume the latter for now.

The baton itself, is flair. The gem is the important one, as it is one of the types, that can be used as magical foci. Music based magic as a whole, can be strong, but the issue comes with it being rather spread in nature. It isn't directed properly, as it is but sound, and sound are prone to be heard by all, and affect all. Sonic booms aside, but we will get to that at a later date, as it is a far more advanced degree. If you try that without proper knowledge, you will likely peel the skin from your body.

If you use the gem - which is attuned perfectly, I might add - it can be directed, and refined. Rather than a broad wave, affecting a larger area, with spread power, it can focus it. If you know what you are doing, of course. And even in a large area setting, it can still be useful, but that is more a fact of magical foci in general.

I'd suggest you use the gem in some other holder. Something with an end point still. It helps refine the energy in a direction, which does things further. You are not a conductor, and a baton does not suit you style. I'd think it more fitting as a horn ornament, or jewelry Something inconspicuous, and harder to pinpoint."

He knew well it was hers now. She did not need to step in it. Frankly though, let her have it. Someday he'd be home again, and he had dozens more. He hadn't wanted to take chances when getting these in the first place, and this wouldn't be the first he lost. Annoying though as it were, to have it tossed in his face.

On 2022-04-15 at 10:21 PM, Magloria said:

"Teach one to fish and they will fish for a lifetime. This is an invaluable concept."

"Yes, well, if you wish to use a fishing analogy, then we're starting at threading the hook, and how to hold the pole for now. Going to fast, will end up with a hook in your eye."

A delightful visual for sure, but an apt one. Sort of. Frankly, consequences of going too fast, were more akin to her ending up with a hook in both eyes, and something catching fire at the same time. But he didn't think they needed to dwell on details about this.

Now, could he just force her along, and have her then destroy herself? Yes. However, he wasn't going to, as that were going too far, against one who yes, did some rather bad stuff, but hadn't killed anypony yet. Least from what he could tell. Also, he didn't want that on what was left of his consciousness. It might actually end up making him feel bad.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

So it was about the gem then, and not the holder. How interesting. If it was possible with her magic she would have removed the gem from the baton itself and turn it over in her magic, looking over the gem. Such a thing this gem were, but it was not her style to display wealth. It would best be something concealed somehow. She didn't know what that would look like though. She could easily convert water into ice - so she would be able to make some sort of necklace for it. A way to conceal it though? Would require something else.

"I can easily make such a holder for it. But a way to conceal it? I would need a spell for that. I have just the spell for it - or rather, just the pony." she spoke, referencing one of the ponies she had in her 'storage'. "But I require something far more for that. Something to where I can see their knowledge through my eyes." she said ominously. It would be best for her to find some sort of ability to get within someone's mind. She needed to get something done with that though. Magloria's body and the way it was naturally able to absorb spells directly cast on her. All she needed to do was to find some sort of spell caster that could read her mind - then she would be able to absorb it for her own, then use it against them to overpower them - then granting all access to what they had, and for what others had. She did not have anyone like that yet.

"Nevermind. I am going to require something far more precise for that. I am going to need to do that anyway - as I should have before. That is the imperative now. We can practice all we want with what you have to offer, but should I have a way to receive what I am looking for - I will no longer need any sort of teacher." she spoke. Once she had that, she wouldn't even need to have him around. Would she keep him around? That's for time to tell. 

@Starforce

On 2022-04-19 at 1:33 AM, Magloria said:

"I can easily make such a holder for it. But a way to conceal it? I would need a spell for that. I have just the spell for it - or rather, just the pony." she spoke, referencing one of the ponies she had in her 'storage'. "But I require something far more for that. Something to where I can see their knowledge through my eyes."

At this point, he were starting to think that she were saying stuff like this just to mess with him. Or she were just one of those who liked sounding worse than they were, because the first image he got into his head, at what she said, were... Less than pleasing. It were likely best that he did not touch that, and indulge in what might eventually lead to an evil laugh, and monologue.

Gods, those were so annoying... Usually he just interrupted them during their spiel, as for some reason, villains figured you would let them talk through, before doing anything. Utterly idiotic. The evil laughter were worse though. So few actually did it right. Mostly it were just so overplayed and tedious, that he almost felt pity for them.

On 2022-04-19 at 1:33 AM, Magloria said:

"Nevermind. I am going to require something far more precise for that. I am going to need to do that anyway - as I should have before. That is the imperative now. We can practice all we want with what you have to offer, but should I have a way to receive what I am looking for - I will no longer need any sort of teacher." she spoke. Once she had that, she wouldn't even need to have him around. Would she keep him around? That's for time to tell. 

"I'm sure you can handle twenty years of experience, in a largely neglected magic study, without any assistance."

The sarcasm ran a little thick here, but it were true. Music magic had some research don, but most of the Muse School of magic, were largely neglected. In parts due to the association with the sirens, and in parts due to it mostly being benign and harmless. He had to self teach himself most of what he could do, and quite frankly, his notes on it, might one day prove valuable for the field of study. Though due to who he were, it might also be put in the forbidden library, and utterly neglected. They were so strict for little reasons sometimes, it were almost laughable.

"Be that as it may though, what are the current plan of action here? Do you need to verify your *collection* is in order?"

The cats would at this point, not be seen anywhere around them. They had gone in a bit further, to see more of what this place were. Long as they could still hear the ponies, that were good enough for them, in case something were to happen, and would avoid them getting lost. Even if they could often use their noses to just follow the trail back.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Magloria simply shrugged as she began to lead the way back inside. While she probably could not have a mind reading spell at the moment she could convince the other ponies she had captured to cast spells on her. She had done this tactfully, the ponies she had frozen away actually had no idea who did that to them - the last they would remember was a whack to the head and then it all fading to black. A tactical move on her part, that she wanted to do this before. As she walked, she'd charge up a spell. 

But having him around? He had already done what she asked. Moved things around here and there - and done some minor teaching of her magic. She could convince him to cast a spell on her, but she did not know of any ways to convince him to do so. Honestly, she didn't like his presence all that much. He talked all that much and the sarcasm was not something she really appreciated. She could freeze him and lock him away. It would be a fair trade, really. Freeze up his cats too, she mused. Would definitely be possible.

Magloria would lead him down the winding halls throughout the base. The construction of the place was similar yet different than the other one before. It was a naturally occurring place it seemed - molded to fit her aims. How these caves got here or who built them is another matter entirely, but what she did know was that nobody else had been here before. Soon enough they would reach a similar room as before. There were a lot less orbs within this one, indicating that there were separate rooms.

"Time to verify my collection, indeed." she spoke, looking over the various orbs as if thinking about something. 

@Starforce

On 2022-04-20 at 11:03 PM, Magloria said:

Magloria simply shrugged as she began to lead the way back inside. While she probably could not have a mind reading spell at the moment she could convince the other ponies she had captured to cast spells on her. She had done this tactfully, the ponies she had frozen away actually had no idea who did that to them - the last they would remember was a whack to the head and then it all fading to black. A tactical move on her part, that she wanted to do this before. As she walked, she'd charge up a spell. 

While he could not read her mind, her attitude left little in the way of misinterpretation. She were a little more dismissive of him than previous, from what he could tell at least. Though eh may simply be getting paranoid. Gods knows it wouldn't be the first time.

"I get the feeling you might not be overly fond of the way I attempt to teach. A little harsh in my way of speaking perhaps, considering the position I am in?

Believe me, I am painfully aware of my place in your hierarchy. Yet I am perhaps a little harsh, because this is dangerous, and I do not want you to get overconfident with this. I am not mentioning the potential for you to peel your own skin off as an exaggeration. I have been to others, who weren't patient enough, and tried to do more than they could. And yes, this is but one thing I have witnessed happen, right before me. It is... Highly disturbing to bear witness to, and excruciating for the one going through it.

For what it's worth, I'm not interested in seeing you die. Take that for what you will."

It were a personal thing for him. He had found that students listened more, if you were a little harsh to them, and made them understand that if they wanted approval, they had to earn it. It were how he had learned both in the magical craft, as well as a conductor. Might not suit Magloria's style though, yet it were what he knew, and she had said she wanted him to teach her. So he did, the way that he knew how. Mayhap a wrong approach though... He'd need to ponder this.

He'd think some as he followed her along, with the cats eventually joining them. They'd stay on the ground for now though, and wander on either side of him.

On 2022-04-20 at 11:03 PM, Magloria said:

Magloria would lead him down the winding halls throughout the base. The construction of the place was similar yet different than the other one before. It was a naturally occurring place it seemed - molded to fit her aims. How these caves got here or who built them is another matter entirely, but what she did know was that nobody else had been here before. Soon enough they would reach a similar room as before. There were a lot less orbs within this one, indicating that there were separate rooms.

"Time to verify my collection, indeed." she spoke, looking over the various orbs as if thinking about something. 

"The first storage room, it seems.

...I hope they're unaware of what goes on in there."

He still didn't like this aspect of her ways. Taking them from the world like this... It seemed harsh and cruel to him, as many of them likely hadn't done anything to deserve this. Granted, he didn't know what - if anything - they had done to deserve any punishment, but until he knew better, he'd think it a little cruel. Could be worse of course. Least she hadn't killed them.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Magloria would rub her hoof on one of the orbs and look at the young mare inside and would cast him an emotionless glare. "And let me remind you - I too am uninterested in seeing you die." she spoke calmly as her hoof dropped down to the floor, but still touching the orb a bit. The pony inside had their body frozen in a position that indicates that they were laying down when they got frozen. Their eyes were closed - unopened in however long it was since this poor mare had got here.

She did understand what he said before though, if this magic was truly what he told her it was it would have disastrous consequences if used improperly. Not something that she wanted to deal with. She could make minor use of it, sure. Beyond that though? There were far more appealing magics if used properly. But could they be combined with this type of magic? Could be possible. "Let me remind you of something. These ponies here are safe here. Nothing will ever hurt them here." she spoke, pondering this. An almost longing chuckle escaped her lips. "This mare here was a mail mare. Fast. Quick. Her name? Street Charm." she spoke.

"And I'll show you her charm." Magloria sneered and pulled away, her horn pulsating with a blue color as the orb did as well. She would break off into a sprint and do an unusual flip in the air before rebounding, steading herself and replicating the same thing again with flawless precision. "Helps with delivering the mail, after all. Those customers cannot be waiting for long, can they?" she grinned slyly, with her back turned towards him as the blue glow went away, a little bit.

"But if you should reward yourself as loyal and steadfast - I may give you some of the next one's magic. A noble's magic, that is. Flowing through you as if it were your own..." she said, somewhat leeringly. 

@Starforce

On 2022-04-27 at 1:28 AM, Magloria said:

Magloria would rub her hoof on one of the orbs and look at the young mare inside and would cast him an emotionless glare. "And let me remind you - I too am uninterested in seeing you die." she spoke calmly as her hoof dropped down to the floor, but still touching the orb a bit. The pony inside had their body frozen in a position that indicates that they were laying down when they got frozen. Their eyes were closed - unopened in however long it was since this poor mare had got here.

"It's good to hear I am still of use."

As were this one, though in all the wrong ways. Grasped from her sleep he would guess... He were not fond hof this. Not one bit, yet what could he do about it? He were outmatched, and sadly, it left him with little options but to obey, do his part, and hope that whomever she had trapped, were deserving of their fates. Though he had a hard time justifying what he were looking at.

She did understand what he said before though, if this magic was truly what he told her it was it would have disastrous consequences if used improperly. Not something that she wanted to deal with. She could make minor use of it, sure. Beyond that though? There were far more appealing magics if used properly. But could they be combined with this type of magic? Could be possible. "Let me remind you of something. These ponies here are safe here. Nothing will ever hurt them here." she spoke, pondering this. An almost longing chuckle escaped her lips. "This mare here was a mail mare. Fast. Quick. Her name? Street Charm." she spoke.

"And I'll show you her charm." Magloria sneered and pulled away, her horn pulsating with a blue color as the orb did as well. She would break off into a sprint and do an unusual flip in the air before rebounding, steading herself and replicating the same thing again with flawless precision. "Helps with delivering the mail, after all. Those customers cannot be waiting for long, can they?" she grinned slyly, with her back turned towards him as the blue glow went away, a little bit.

"Impressive display. Yet I wonder... You keep saying they will not be hurt here. Were they hurt, before you took them? I can't save them, yet I wonder still, what happened, to make them deserve this, and what of the ones they left behind...

Still, I suppose my thoughts on this is irrelevant.

I see your skill in absorbing and using what they have. An impressive display really. Most magic eaters tend to only take the raw magic force. Not copy the inherent skill. And even then, I didn't think physical copying such as this, were possible. The things one can learn."

Had he still access to some of his magic, he would make the sound of a small cheering crowd, go through the room, at her display. Briefly though, as he did not want it to seem like sarcasm. Which were also why despite his want to do so, he did not clap himself. It would likely push his luck too much.

"But if you should reward yourself as loyal and steadfast - I may give you some of the next one's magic. A noble's magic, that is. Flowing through you as if it were your own..." she said, somewhat leeringly. 

"I'd prefer not to partake in the magic sharing, if I could so decline. That being said, taking a deserving noble away and trap him or her here, sounds like reward enough. The immense satisfaction of thinking they'd maybe one day come out, and have to see all they had been born into, moved on without them, and having to deal with life like any other, starting from nothing... I can almost taste the satisfaction, and I am not even a changeling."

His deep rooted disdain for them shined through his cool demeanor for a moment, as a mixture of sadistic glee, and angry scowl, passed him over. Curses be to them all...

@Blitz Boom

Magloria grinned somewhat wickedly. "The more magic for me then - I won't give you any, then. There is plenty I have learned and there is much more to learn. I intend to do that as soon as possible - starting with our first mission to find a noble. We will head somewhere, and I know exactly where we will be heading. Consider it yet another surprise." she spoke, her more 'true' character brimming through her many layers. She seemed to get herself under control quickly enough, though. The worst part was letting your own motives go too far. 

"I got them through all various means. What that means exactly doesn't matter. Some were more easy. Others required...extended force." Magloria said coldly, and began to lead the way out of the place. Should he have anything else on his mind, perhaps he should say so before Magloria would see them off to wherever they are headed next. 

@Starforce

"I question still, how many were better off by you taking th-"

He were interrupted, as he suddenly heard loud, insisting meowing from his cats. Not the sort where they wanted food, but a tone speaking more of a *Let us in!* kind of tone. Which were quite odd, considering where they were, didn't seem to have any doors they'd want to pass. Had they found a mouse or something, they had singled out?

He'd look over, and find it even weirder. They were jumping up one of the containment crystals, meowing loudly, as well as clawing fruitlessly against the surface.

"What have gotten into you two? Is there something special about this one?

He'd wander over to them, rather than following Magloria, and when he got over, he'd face this one, wondering if perhaps he'd gaze upon a fish vendor or something, that they had once run into. He supposed familiar faces wasn't out of the range of possibility here, so it could well be.

His attitude faded, and his entire expression grew pale though, as he himself gazed upon whom where in this containment crystal.

It was a mare. Clear-bue fur, wavey, bubblegum-pink hair and a really long tail, tied up in large curves, in three separate places, just to have it at the regular length of a normal pony, using rainbow-colored bows. She'd wear no clothing, beyond a small pair or orange glasses, and her cutie mark, were a laughing skull, surrounded by pale light.

"..."

He'd raise a shaking hoof, and push it against the surface of the crystal, running down over the exterior, of where her face were. She seemed caught in a moment, nearly curled up, with her hooves above her face, and muzzle opened to scream, but he knew that beneath her legs, would be a pair of sparkly, joy-filled green eyes.

Operata would open his muzzle time and time again, seemingly trying to find words, that refused to come to him in this moment.

While she likely didn't care for the name of the Mare, it was not wonder that Magloria had picked this one for her collection. Despite her appearance screaming of a delightfully bubbly, colorful personality - which she also had - the mare in question had also been a powerful necromancer. A kind of magic that were generally frowned upon, due to how it were mostly used in dark, twisted ways, but she had it in her blood, as part of a special family, dealing with death magic. In her, it had been rather strong, and manifested in an ability to manipulate  bones. That included raising several of them, and rearrange them into horrifying amalgamations if she chose, but mostly, she used it in her capacity as a doctor. Mending bone injuries, or even making new marrow, correct donor bones to fit the required size and shape needed, etc. A specialized profession, but one she made a fair living off of.

Officially, she had died in a house fire, four years ago, Unofficially, it appeared that Magnolia had swooped in at the right time, and stolen her away before the flames got to her, and the mass of bones and cloth they had found, were not hers. Just her final attempt to shield herself, as there were no further escape routes.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Magloria looked confused for a moment at his sudden distraction from what she were saying at the moment. She didn't know why his cats had pointed out that orb as they did but she could see that his expression had grown rather pale. Honestly, she had no idea who the mare even was - but she did remember the circumstances surrounding her capture. The poor mare was transfixed in her pose - a true testament to show how long these spells really worked. It seems that in some cases, Magloria's ability proved a miracle - an unexpected one, nevertheless.

Magloria stepped forward as her icy eyes looked within the soft blue glow of the sphere with the mare inside. "An interesting one, she is. Can't say I know much - other than she is rather skilled at her art. I couldn't let her die like that, though. No. Her potential was far too much to be wasted like that..." Magloria muttered, with a small hint of sympathy in her word. "But whats it with you? Looks like you've seen a ghost." she stepped forward her eyes once again radiating that coldness as they looked into his own, reflecting the subtle blow glow within her own equally cold eyes.