Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony Android Tablet

eventyraren

• The title was changed to My Little Pony Android Tablet

I don't think I'd purchase it myself, but I do think that making something like this was a smart move. Don't get me wrong, I'm not tech-savvy enough to immediately recognize this as a good deal or not, but this is definitely smart marketing considering the growing popularity of electronic toys.

• Brohoof 2

FUCKING HELL! THAT TABLET COSTS $160!

Like who is it marketed towards?!
like a little kid will be given a fire tablet or a similar alternative in the $40 range

7 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

It's nice enough, but I'm not overly fond of Android tablets.

Yeah, I'd rather have a windows tablet or even just a small laptop over an android (or iOS for that matter) tablet cause i like having the ability to run the same apps you can run on a computer
and be able to connect my hard drive and my 4G dongle (my laptop doesn't have a sim card slot)

• Brohoof 2

I just ordered myself an Amazong Fire HD+ tablet. As much as I like this idea....and I want it....I simply should not get it. XD

• Brohoof 2

Huh. Interesting. Though I think these things are kinda a novelty since unless they are hardcore fans who loves that kinda stuff, I don't think kids will be that interested in it since they can watch MLP on mommy and daddy's iPads and iPhones anyway.

Then again, I'm not interested in that kinda stuff anyway.

Edited by JMTV99
  • Brohoof 2

Oh, if this had been G4..... :love:

Now, I am currently using an iPad and am super satisfied with it. But one day I might get an Android tablet, so maybe a Pony one ^_^

• Brohoof 2

I'm really not sure what they are trying to accomplish with this one. You can get Android tablets for a very cheap price these days so if a young kid wants one it is extremely easy. This thing being $160 blows my mind. I sure hope this isn't a sign that G5 is going to be milked to the heavens and back to Earth because we already get enough reminders of rampant capitalism as is. I don't want the ponies to remind me. 

• Brohoof 2

10 hours ago, Merry Brony 42 said:

Why not just offer a MLP case and desktop pics? Ponyfy your existing tablet.

more profit,
doubt you could sell a case for a $40 tablet for as much of a profit margin as that cheap tablet with a skin on it
like $10 a piece from Alibaba, and just adding a pink color, couple G5 stickers, and a G5 wallpaper, then selling it for $160

1 hour ago, Kyoshi said:

I'm really not sure what they are trying to accomplish with this one. You can get Android tablets for a very cheap price these days so if a young kid wants one it is extremely easy. This thing being $160 blows my mind. I sure hope this isn't a sign that G5 is going to be milked to the heavens and back to Earth because we already get enough reminders of rampant capitalism as is. I don't want the ponies to remind me. 

I'm really sure what they're trying to accomplish, simple and plain profit.
Cheap tablets have always existed (the cheap tablets usually being the most popular cause people just wanted a tablet for films and TV)

• Brohoof 1

21 hours ago, The Inigo Simp said:

FUCKING HELL! THAT TABLET COSTS $160!

Like who is it marketed towards?!
like a little kid will be given a fire tablet or a similar alternative in the $40 range

Yeah, I'd rather have a windows tablet or even just a small laptop over an android (or iOS for that matter) tablet cause i like having the ability to run the same apps you can run on a computer
and be able to connect my hard drive and my 4G dongle (my laptop doesn't have a sim card slot)

I used to have a Windows tablet. I liked it, but someone else did too. It grew lets and ran away! I'm happy with my laptop now.

• Brohoof 2

I think I have a tablet made by that same company. 

It was decent for it's time, except it never got a single system update, so it's kinda stuck there forever...no one has had any success rooting/installing another OS on it either.

Nothing loads, not chrome, it's own web browser, the play stores, so its basically a glorified media player anymore...unless someone knows where to get the ApKs for Android 4.1 I believe it was. 

Edited by TheGleaner

• 5 months later...