Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Legendary NFL Coach and Sports Icon John Madden Has Passed Away

Courageous Thunder Dash

John Madden, the name of the coach we football grew up with and loved has passed away at age 85. He was a major influence in the NFL, coaching the Raiders and leading them to a Super Bowl. He retired at age 42 from coaching and continued to work in the NFL as a sportscaster. His last name is a staple in the gaming world, as the Madden series is one of the longest running sports video game series. I myself own Madden '08, Madden 16 and Madden 22. RIP John Madden. :(

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32953839/nfl-hall-fame-coach-broadcasting-icon-john-madden-dies-85

l always thought he was much younger than 85 but l guess l was wrong about that. Never knew he was a coach though l didn't go out of my way to learn more about his earlier career. Truly an icon has been lost to the world.

I remember him most from his broadcasting days.  Especially his telestrator and the overuse of the word Boom in his commentary. He was a trailblazer and he left his mark in football and the entertainment world as a whole. 

• Brohoof 1

John Madden is a legend in the truest sense of the word. The greatest head coach in Raider history, one of the greatest color commentators ever, and his game series is the most iconic in the video game sports world. May he RIP.

• Brohoof 3