Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

:sigh: … concept art for a cancelled Pony Movie sequel

Steve Piranha

2 minutes ago, Ocean Wavedream said:

I wonder who is the character that is playing the guitar in the fourth picture.

I’m more curious about the creature with Spike in the first picture. A longma? Just like the concept villain in “that” leak? The Neón brilliant city seems to indicate that :huh:

With the supposed failure of the 2017 MLP movie, l guess Hasbro had lost confidence in G4 which prompted them to get G5 up and running as soon as they could. A shame that this idea never became a reality.

53 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

With the supposed failure of the 2017 MLP movie, l guess Hasbro had lost confidence in G4 which prompted them to get G5 up and running as soon as they could. A shame that this idea never became a reality.

My understanding was, as a multiple of budget invested in it, the 2007 movie actually did better than the transformers ones?

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

My understanding was, as a multiple of budget invested in it, the 2007 movie actually did better than the transformers ones?

TLK was a bigger loss in terms box office, but Transformers movies are usually big money makers, to the point it still probably earned more. Even though MLP made money it probably fell well below expectations 

1 minute ago, Megas said:

TLK was a bigger loss in terms box office, but Transformers movies are usually big money makers, to the point it still probably earned more. Even though MLP made money it probably fell well below expectations 

Sure, but they also spent a LOT on making the transformer movies. Relative to investment, the MLP movie did very well.

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Sure, but they also spent a LOT on making the transformer movies. Relative to investment, the MLP movie did very well.

Yeah but with MLP they were likely expecting a much bigger turn than what they got. Couple that with the leaks where almost everything about the show got out to the public and both probably played a big role on Hasbro pulling the plug on G4 rather hastily 

It is a real shame that this never came into fruition, because those designs are gorgeous. I really would've liked to see how these would've played out on the big screen, but I guess that's just how things are sometimes.

3 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

We may never know what the truth is as l don't believe the amount the 2017 movie made was ever made public.

Jim Miller has said the show was already wrapping up before the movie was released, so I don't think its box office performance was a real material effect (although perhaps the movie itself might have been if it was a particularly tumultuous production). The insane amount of concept art we've gotten for the G5 movie really shines a light on just how much of the process is throwing around random ideas and figuring out how to condense them into something coherent. 

In any event, I personally would be happy to see the M6 show up in something new again.

Edited by n1029
  • Brohoof 2

17 hours ago, Megas said:

Yeah but with MLP they were likely expecting a much bigger turn than what they got. Couple that with the leaks where almost everything about the show got out to the public and both probably played a big role on Hasbro pulling the plug on G4 rather hastily 

Yeah, plus the full 8K image of the movie was available online; you have to wonder how something like that happens, they are usually VERY careful not to allow the cinema copy to get stolen. It hasn't happened with (as far as I know) any of the Transformers movies.

56 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Yeah, plus the full 8K image of the movie was available online; you have to wonder how something like that happens, they are usually VERY careful not to allow the cinema copy to get stolen. It hasn't happened with (as far as I know) any of the Transformers movies.

As far as I know the blame lies entirely with DHX on that front. From their security was so piss poor the hacker was literally able to just guess the password 

5 minutes ago, Megas said:

As far as I know the blame lies entirely with DHX on that front. From their security was so piss poor the hacker was literally able to just guess the password 

Sure, but that, combined with their dumb requirement that releases be staggered internationally (I mean, its a digital file; its not like there is a shortage of copies) meant by the time it hit cinemas internationally, a lot of fans had already seen it in one form or another.  That's gotta have hit boxoffice receipts too.

What is wrong with Hasbro?! This looks much more beautiful than G5. I mean if you know me, you know I am still stuck on G4 and I watch old episodes over and over. Plus I always watch Equestria Girls movies. 

This should've become a reality.

Curse you, Hasbro!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...