Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Betty White dead at age 99

ggg-2

I was shocked when I heard the news today.  Betty was not far from her 100th birthday and she was so full of life it seemed like she could go another five or ten.  It’s ironic that she played one of the older Golden Girls but she outlived the rest of the cast.  Don’t take life for granted.  If there’s an elderly person or, really, anyone that means a lot to you, take the time to reach out to them. You never know.  

• Brohoof 3

You know somebody has had an impact across culture and society when even the wrestling fans on r/SquaredCircle are paying tribute to Betty White. Simply timeless. What a legacy she's left that we all have to live up to. 

Rest in Power, Betty. May your legacy live on. 

• Brohoof 6

This news caught me by surprise. Betty White is a legend. One of the best people and one of the best actors.

This scene from Golden GIrls's Season 1 finale is a classic in large part by how she maintained composure while both Bea and Rue busted a gut from laughing. XD

• Brohoof 4

28 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

This scene from Golden GIrls's Season 1 finale is a classic in large part by how she maintained composure while both Bea and Rue busted a gut from laughing. XD

Rue is cracking up! :laugh:

Rose's St. Olaf stories were a riot because of Betty White's delivery. ^_^

Betty White was also hilarious as Sue Ann Nivens on The Mary Tyler Moore Show. :ButtercupLaugh:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

Betty White was an icon of herself in finding new ways to also stand out and even be two steps ahead of many of her "younger" costars.   Betty was a star that shone so brightly,  nothing could dim her light!  Such a woman will be missed!  No other stars will have the grace,  sense of raw humor,  and all around goodness we saw in Miss.White!

1327581100-ggbettywhite.png

• Brohoof 2

RIP Betty White

One of the all time greats and an undisputed legend of not only Hollywood but in life as well and I feel like crying when I look at this incredible piece of tribute art.

19AC4E8E-43D0-48D4-B31E-A35DB9EB2514.jpeg.842b6ebef93090af217864274e30f975.jpeg

Edited by TheRockARooster
  • Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

What a great lady! She was so sharp and funny and real. I thought she would live forever because she never seemed to age. She remained the same charming, funny lady she was back in the early ‘60s in the re-runs I used to watch of To Tell the Truth. And she’s done so much from those early days all the way up to the present. I adore Betty and she will be missed.