Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc OOC: Champions of Celestia

Silly Druid

20 hours ago, PawelS said:

@Kujamih

Pony Sense allows you to predict that something bad will happen to you and to avoid it.

Healing is the ability to make any member of the party regain some Stamina and cure some harmful effects like poisons. One use per rest.

I assume Pony Sense is your cutie mark skill and Healing is your extra skill, is that correct? (You will be able to learn more skills on level up.)

@Samurai Equine

Attributes: OK, I will make it 4-4-3-5.

Skills:

"Unicorn" is actually Telekinesis (moving things with magic), that's what most unicorns can do. (Let me know if Samurai shouldn't be able to do that.)
I think Magic is too general, can I change it to Fire Magic?
You will be able to increase the skill values on level up, so it will be possible to make them even.
You have only 3 skills at start, so the other ones you mentioned you will be able to learn on level up. Weapon Mastery is OK.

I will start the RP soon. In the first post you'll see your current stats, and I'll update them when they change.

Okay then. I'll take off Magical Detection then, maybe get that later. Fire Magic is better, thank you. He does have telekinesis, but it's basic.

20 hours ago, Kujamih said:

@PawelS I know abit about samurai equine. he is more of a sword mage... he enchants fire on his weapon and cast some basic fire bolt I guess...... he is more sword though telekinesis can help with his weapon reach.... 🤔

That's just one way he uses his fire magic. His fire power has many applications, but enchanting his weapons or his mele attacks with fire is his preferred method. :twi:

19 hours ago, PawelS said:

@Kujamih @Samurai Equine @Ocean Wavedream @abrony-mouse

I started the RP, the thread is here:

https://mlpforums.com/topic/196666-champions-of-celestia/

This is the first time I'm doing anything like this, so it might as well be a total disaster. Wish me luck.

I'll be there soon!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Kujamih There are no exp points in this RP, you just get to level up after every chapter of the story. But I'll try to make your journey a little adventurous as you suggested :mlp_smile:

@Samurai Equine You're progressing the story a little too fast, I was planning to make some things happen during the journey, and then give you an occasion to get to know each other before you actually speak to Celestia. So I take it Samurai just thinks about what he will do when he gets there.

Edited by PawelS

so there's only 10 chapters?

@PawelS.... you can always cut off samurai equine's story like this: 

but before the samurai could reach Canterlot a random pony happens to stumble byand distracted his quest blah blah etc.

Edited by Kujamih
  • Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, PawelS said:

@Samurai Equine You're progressing the story a little too fast, I was planning to make some things happen during the journey, and then give you an occasion to get to know each other before you actually speak to Celestia. So I take it Samurai just thinks about what he will do when he gets there.

Oh, sorry about that, but I'm not a mind reader, my friend. This is a new kind of RP for me, and I'm very much out of my element here. To be honest, I'm actually kind of nervous. :twi: I'll edit my reply.

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine No problem, this RP is pretty experimental, and I suppose I wasn't clear enough in communicating what I expect from the players. And I'm a little nervous too, as I'm not sure if you all will like my RP.

Anyway, for the future, a reaction to the immediate situation I put you in is enough to make the RP work (this applies to all players).

• Brohoof 1

@Kujamih Sorry that I didn't do everything exactly as you described, but your post was a bit too chaotic for me :mlp_blink:

To all: As you can see, my style of describing the situation is pretty brief, so if you want to know any more details about what's going on (things your characters should see without taking any actions), or have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask them in this thread. Also I apologize in advance for any language errors I make, my English is not perfect so it can happen.

For now, all characters have kind of "mini-adventures" that are independent from each other, so I will post after individual replies instead of waiting for everyone to post.

@PawelS might I suggest not using a smaller die number?.... because for example.... I have a small "int" right? and if you use a 3 sided die...... theres a 1 out of 3 chances of me succeeding.... that is if you want to check my chances.... but in a fight and a clash with other stats it's perfect.

• Brohoof 1

@Kujamih

The way it works now is that in the early phases of the game I wanted to make the challenges easy, so even if you have a stat of 3, you have a chance to succeed: 1 is failure, 2 is partial success and 3 or higher is success. Later the challenges will get harder, but your stats will get higher (and in confrontations with NPCs, their stats will be higher too).

I'm not sure what change to the game mechanics you're suggesting, so please clarify that.

(edited)

There's not going to be a lot of combat in this RP. It's not like you will have to get through hordes of enemies, in that case you would die pretty easily due to low amounts of HP (Stamina). There will be combat occasionally, and the amount of it depends on the character actions to some degree, but in my current plans some chapters won't have any combat at all.

The reason why I introduced this system is to make things more random and unpredictable than in standard forum RPs. And to put some limitations on the characters by making them have a precisely defined set of skills, to prevent them from being OP (edit: I mean overpowered, not what the tooltip says).

Edited by PawelS

I seee....... one mistake I did was after my group finished 1 set of army I rolled a dice if another back up would arrive.... it rolled a 15.... and they almost died hahahaha. 

and this mage tried to pull the flag.... so I also rolled a dice and he ended up not pulling it and tripping.... twice in his attempt..... lol

• Brohoof 1

@PawelS..,....................

a fight has started!

so first of all I healed. stamina check.

tossed another sack of bits for distraction. dice roll check.

evade check if samurai would strike. 

( if I get hit.)

take damage but makes sure to grab the blade so I could disarm him. then heal myself again if able.

( if I don't get hit or was successfully distracted from the bits)

tackle down samurai and grapple him to a submission.

• Brohoof 1