Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Princess Celestia is not as weak as you think she is....

Evil Pink One

she gave herself the title, ruler of Equestria right? the world is even named Equestria.... meaning Celestia named it that way. I don't think grogar would name it Equestria... the dragons wouldn't.... the griffins? hippogriff? changeling? kirin? yaks? nope.

another question is why hasn't the dragons ruled all over Equestria?

because someone is above them...

Celestia.

but why was she so easy to beat you ask?

because she let it happen.

so twilight can grow and learn to replace her.

that's why when discord took a shot on that she was furious at discord. (season9)

you might say Celestia Orchestrated everything.

what do you guys think?

• Brohoof 4

i do think this is accurate as Celestia is definitely smarter than most think, i know everything she did had a reason, and as twilight is her star student, teaching her the ways of friendship, was one way to better prepare twilight to take Celestias place. Celestia planned this out since the moment she saw Twi trying to succeed in the entrance exam to Celestias school, Celestia knew she would be a great leader as she has all the redeeming qualities and thus Celestia was reforming Twi to be a princess and future queen of Equestria even before Twi got into Celestias school.

however, Celestia didnt name it 'Equestria' as shown in season two on the hearths warming eve ep it shows the re-enactment on how Equestria came to be and how it was founded by the earth, unicorn, and pegasi eventually realizing they were the ones causing this constant snow fall from their arguing- the windigos - blah blah blah they realize their wrong doings and all come together to this new found land that we now know as Equestria. 

• Brohoof 1

Yea, Princess Celestia sure is powerful. Just wish they would be more consistent in the show. The finale of Season 2 made her lose in one attack, but that episode was quite spectacular. Also, in Equestria Girls special Forgotten Friendship, she's really REALLY intimidating :mlp_yeehaa: That was the best moment in the entire G4 for me! The dragons weren't really shown as that sentient in Season 1, and more like lazy dogs. That of course changed later.

• Brohoof 1

39 minutes ago, buniiboy said:

i do think this is accurate as Celestia is definitely smarter than most think, i know everything she did had a reason, and as twilight is her star student, teaching her the ways of friendship, was one way to better prepare twilight to take Celestias place. Celestia planned this out since the moment she saw Twi trying to succeed in the entrance exam to Celestias school, Celestia knew she would be a great leader as she has all the redeeming qualities and thus Celestia was reforming Twi to be a princess and future queen of Equestria even before Twi got into Celestias school.

however, Celestia didnt name it 'Equestria' as shown in season two on the hearths warming eve ep it shows the re-enactment on how Equestria came to be and how it was founded by the earth, unicorn, and pegasi eventually realizing they were the ones causing this constant snow fall from their arguing- the windigos - blah blah blah they realize their wrong doings and all come together to this new found land that we now know as Equestria. 

" that we now know as Equestria".... so it wasn't called Equestria before... and you might be right that Celestia didn't name it..... I am 50/50 about who named it Equestria. but the fact remains that the equines named it.  but the dragons also call this land Equestria.... meaning they acknowledge the equines right... and whom is the leader of the equines? Celestia. hence even IF Celestia didn't name it Equestria she is the very reason why everyone accept their world to be called Equestria.....

is my take on things.

• Brohoof 2

15 minutes ago, Splashee said:

@Kujamih

Your thread has to do with MLP so it got moved to Sugarcube Corner.

Yea, Princess Celestia sure is powerful. Just wish they would be more consistent in the show. The finale of Season 2 made her lose in one attack, but that episode was quite spectacular. Also, in Equestria Girls special Forgotten Friendship, she's really REALLY intimidating :mlp_yeehaa: That was the best moment in the entire G4 for me! The dragons weren't really shown as that sentient in Season 1, and more like lazy dogs. That of course changed later.

about season 2 she was winning then suddenly she lost?... very suspicious if you ask me:okiedokieloki:

5 minutes ago, Kujamih said:

about season 2 she was winning then suddenly she lost?... very suspicious if you ask me:okiedokieloki:

Yes, absolutely. A very dramatic loss. Almost on purpose:Pharynx:

• Brohoof 1

Possibly although that's quite the gamble because if Twilight had failed at any point that could've been disastrous so I doubt it although that could've been a possibility. 

18 hours ago, Kujamih said:

she gave herself the title, ruler of Equestria right?

Nope.  Starswirl asked the Sisters if they would be willing to preside over Equestria, and the Sisters didn't even want to be called rulers.  They were adamant that they shouldn't be elevated above other ponies, so they wanted to be called guardians of Equestria, which they probably would have done on the show if the word "princess" wasn't so electric for selling girl's toys.  This is all from the Journal of the Two Sisters.

However, I agree with your thesis that she's powerful.  The writers didn't handle her as well as they could have, and made her seem ineffectual at times, which led to the meme that she's useless, which even found it's way back into the canon when Dashie comically pointed out that the Sisters almost never help.

3 hours ago, Justin_Case001 said:

Nope.  Starswirl asked the Sisters if they would be willing to preside over Equestria, and the Sisters didn't even want to be called rulers.  They were adamant that they shouldn't be elevated above other ponies, so they wanted to be called guardians of Equestria, which they probably would have done on the show if the word "princess" wasn't so electric for selling girl's toys.  This is all from the Journal of the Two Sisters.

However, I agree with your thesis that she's powerful.  The writers didn't handle her as well as they could have, and made her seem ineffectual at times, which led to the meme that she's useless, which even found it's way back into the canon when Dashie comically pointed out that the Sisters almost never help.

yeah journal of the 2 sisters... it's a book right? not in the series? did hasbro say it's cannon in the series? or anyone at hasbro? I'm just basing my facts at the series at the moment. cuzzzz myeah alot is not really right at the continuity in mlp.

should we make a petition for hasbro? fix the continuity petition?

3 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

I love that scene, but she was totally hamming it up for effect :D

I probably wouldn't be here if it wasn't for that scene :wau:

'Tia kept Equestria safe for a thousand years ruling on her own. Twi has only ruled for a lil bit. 'Tia is clearly more powerful. Maybe not more magically powerful... but magic and emotions are pretty linked in Equestria, so I think that is arguable. 

(edited)
5 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Possibly although that's quite the gamble because if Twilight had failed at any point that could've been disastrous so I doubt it although that could've been a possibility. 

if twilight had failed at any point..... Celestia would have sighed and oh well she tried moment then zap chrysalis off....

that is if my theory of Celestia is correct.

Edited by Kujamih

1 hour ago, abrony-mouse said:

'Tia kept Equestria safe for a thousand years ruling on her own. Twi has only ruled for a lil bit. 'Tia is clearly more powerful. Maybe not more magically powerful... but magic and emotions are pretty linked in Equestria, so I think that is arguable. 

makes me wonder...did tia lost her emotions along the century hence her weakening state? we did see her blast off "day breaker" and nightmare moon in one go when she got emotional...... 🤔

though it was a dream....

• 1 year later...
On 2022-01-06 at 1:54 AM, Kujamih said:

she gave herself the title, ruler of Equestria right? the world is even named Equestria.... meaning Celestia named it that way. I don't think grogar would name it Equestria... the dragons wouldn't.... the griffins? hippogriff? changeling? kirin? yaks? nope.

another question is why hasn't the dragons ruled all over Equestria?

because someone is above them...

Celestia.

but why was she so easy to beat you ask?

because she let it happen.

so twilight can grow and learn to replace her.

that's why when discord took a shot on that she was furious at discord. (season9)

you might say Celestia Orchestrated everything.

what do you guys think?

You do have a point!Interesting topic :D

Hah

58 minutes ago, imperia said:

Princess Celestia is generous enough to let Twi take her place

so actual element of generousity belongs to her but not Rarity?

Just food for thought

:D

actually yes. Celestia is shown to wield the elements of Generoisty, Kindness and Magic, while Luna wielded Honesty, Loyalty and Laughter

In relation to the OP - yes, Celestia has guided everything about pony life from the initial disparate herds, to the present day. She tested many fillies before Twi (like Sunset) and would have continued to test them had Twi not come along to bear the burden of leading her ponies. A true queen among ponies :3 

Also, in terms of raw power, it should be remembered that we see in the show severed from the elements. She used to wield 3 elements herself, including the 'most powerful and elusive one'. In her prime, she would have been close to prime-Twilight's equal. Prime-Twilight (the Celestial Twilight) is the most powerful pony to have ever lived, but Celestia became the wisest. It is sad that the existence of the Gen 5 world implies that Twilight may have never matched her mentor's wisdom, despite her great power.

22 hours ago, abrony-mouse said:

actually yes. Celestia is shown to wield the elements of Generoisty, Kindness and Magic, while Luna wielded Honesty, Loyalty and Laughter

In relation to the OP - yes, Celestia has guided everything about pony life from the initial disparate herds, to the present day. She tested many fillies before Twi (like Sunset) and would have continued to test them had Twi not come along to bear the burden of leading her ponies. A true queen among ponies :3 

Also, in terms of raw power, it should be remembered that we see in the show severed from the elements. She used to wield 3 elements herself, including the 'most powerful and elusive one'. In her prime, she would have been close to prime-Twilight's equal. Prime-Twilight (the Celestial Twilight) is the most powerful pony to have ever lived, but Celestia became the wisest. It is sad that the existence of the Gen 5 world implies that Twilight may have never matched her mentor's wisdom, despite her great power.

The gen 5 implies that prime twilight never existed....