Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Princess Celestia is not as weak as you think she is....

Evil Pink One

I don't think Celestia named Equestria. It was named by the Founders of Equestria, although there is another mystery here, because in the "Hearth's Warming Eve" episode, when they plant the flag of Equestria, there are Celestia and Luna on it. It could be just an inaccuracy in the play, but my theory is that the flag did really look like that, but Celestia and Luna weren't real ponies at that time, they were just designs on the flag (like we sometimes put creatures like dragons or griffons on our flags and coats of arms). Celestia and Luna appeared later, and were somehow altered to look like the designs on the flag. And I think the one who made them alicorns, and made them look like the designs on the flag, was Starswirl the Bearded.

Celestia is never shown in the show to have very strong raw magical power, but, when you think about many things that happen in it, she is often the one who works behind the scenes to orchestrate the events. Also she is very secretive and often doesn't tell the whole truth, which confirms that there is more to her than meets the eye...

(edited)
On 2022-01-06 at 9:58 AM, Kujamih said:

" that we now know as Equestria".... so it wasn't called Equestria before... and you might be right that Celestia didn't name it..... I am 50/50 about who named it Equestria. but the fact remains that the equines named it.  but the dragons also call this land Equestria.... meaning they acknowledge the equines right... and whom is the leader of the equines? Celestia. hence even IF Celestia didn't name it Equestria she is the very reason why everyone accept their world to be called Equestria.....

is my take on things.

My reply... @Silly Druid

Edited by Kujamih
  • Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, Kujamih said:

My reply... @Silly Druid

I found the relevant fragment in the transcript of the episode:

Spike: [accent] The three leaders agreed to share the beautiful land, and live in harmony ever afterwards. And together, they named their new land...
Main cast: Equestria!

And you're right that Equestria seems to be the most powerful country on the planet, recognized by other races, and Celestia is the one responsible for that. She ruled for a long time, and made it as powerful as it is. Also it's important to note that she was moving the sun and moon, and that affected not only Equestria as a country, but the entire world. So it's clear that she was the most powerful being on the planet.

• Brohoof 2

57 minutes ago, Kujamih said:

The gen 5 implies that prime twilight never existed....

My take on it is that she existed but she died, which I guess implies that she was no longer in her prime when she passed on. 

• Brohoof 1

25 minutes ago, Silly Druid said:

Also it's important to note that she was moving the sun and moon, and that affected not only Equestria as a country, but the entire world. So it's clear that she was the most powerful being on the planet.

I kinda like the idea that the world might have different suns and moons and that the ponies aren't necessarily affecting the skies for everyone. The craziness when hyper-Twi controlled all alicorn magic and wobbled the sun/moon about sort of suggested that maybe it was more of a local issue. And then there's the Daring Do / Ahuizotl storyline which sort of suggests that there can be micro sun-climates. That would allow ponies to have their sunny, grassy, utopia and all the other creatures that fancy colder climes to have their own icy suns, and desert dwelling species like camels have the Great Camel who carries a sun on its hump, and then the zebra Gods who store the sun in a large potion bottle hung from the brightest star in the sky, nyota iliyoanguka.  

• 5 months later...
On 30.01.2023 at 18:54, North Star said:

Я считаю, что она существовала, но умерла, что, я думаю, подразумевает, что она уже не была в расцвете сил, когда умерла. 

She is alive, as is Luna and Celestia... I hope

• Brohoof 2