Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Champions of Celestia

Silly Druid

Commander Steel Hooves is a bulky looking Earth Pony stallion. He is one of the few Earth Ponies who rose to a high position in the Royal Guard. Usually the other two races are preferred when promoting the guards, by he truly earned it with his exceptional strength and courage. Seeing that you entered his office, he looks at your badges and smiles slightly.

"So you're the ones chosen by the Princess to do tasks for her? Nice to meet you all. I don't have much to say about the current threat, only that we got orders to increase security during the exhibition tomorrow. I was expecting you for a different reason though: to help with getting equipment for you from the Castle Armory."

@Skylight Scintillate @PawelS @abrony-mouse @Samurai Equine

Kuya was a bit cautious and nervous when meeting a high ranking officer, as they might recognize him. He was a very well known adventurer, not only by his good achievements but also from his mischief and troubles he brings with him.

He was rumored to have destroyed a village by his shenanigans and blew up a mountain just to get the job done.

Caused drought to a village, caused complains from other creatures almost causing a war to break lose.

He was deemed a two edge sword.

But it was just all rumors though...

Luckily it seems he wasn't noticed, which gave him some relief.

He'd just follow along and cause not much of a scenario in front of the commander. As he'd like to avoid being noticed.

• Brohoof 1

"So you haven't noticed anything... off? No guard has reported anything so far?" Dr. Clue confirmed. From the way Commander Steel Hooves said that, Dr. Clue didn't believe he had anything to add. "Well I suppose we should go take a look at the equipment then."

• Brohoof 2

@PawelS, @Skylight Scintillate, @Kujamih, @abrony-mouse

"Commander." Samurai says before kneeling respectfully for a moment before standing up again.

What is their history? Will Steel Hooves respect Samurai's position as a fellow soldier under Celestia's employ? Will he be judgmental since Asian warriors do things differently than the native royal guards? Will there be a test of will or strength? ...Or do they even know each other at all?

• Brohoof 2

"Now that you mention it," Commander Steel Hooves answers Dr. Clue's question, "there was a report about a strange symbol on a wall, which looks like a crescent moon with a horseshoe around it. We don't know what it means, but maybe it has something to do with what's about to happen."

He knows the ponies in this group, except the mysterious pegasus who doesn't say anything. But he doesn't comment about their exploits, if Celestia wants them to serve her then she must know what she's doing. Instead, he says "follow me", and leads them to the armory, a big room where there are stands with all kinds of weapons and armor used in this part of the world. Swords, spears, maces and axes that you can hold in your mouth, as well as those that are best used by unicorns with their telekinesis ability. Reinforced horseshoes for bucking the enemy, and all sorts of heavy and light body armor and helmets. "I hope you can find something for yourselves" he says and lets you browse the equipment stacked here.

@PawelS

" crescent moon symbol?... Ahhhh I hope it's not those cults... I hate dealing with those kind of ponies." Kuya sighed with disappointment.

As they enter the armory, kuya would equip himself with reinforced horse shoes on both of his hooves and armor protecting only his legs. He would prefer to be quick and light on his hooves when fighting.

• Brohoof 1

"Well that's interesting. Where was it?" Dr. Clue asked Commander Steel Hooves, jotting down that note. "It's a cult symbol? What do you know about them?" Dr. Clue asked Kuya. While Dr. Clue initially thought of Kuya as really dumb, she was starting to reconsider her perspective of him.

When they got to the armory, Dr. Clue went with what she usually preferred: light reinforced horse shoes and armor which worked well with her agility and flying skills. She always preferred to be quick on her hooves even when wearing armor.

• Brohoof 1

@PawelS @Skylight Scintillate

"In my adventures I was suppose to eliminate a bug bear that's been destroying crops at the middle of the night. Turns out that there's a hard core cult that still worship the princess of the night, Nightmare Moon. It seems one of her general's made base there and made a cult. So I ACCIDENTALLY ended up destroying a mountain. I don't think any of them survived that.... But who knows? There might be other secs that are pulling the strings..." Is what kuya roughly explained to Dr. Clue.

Commander Steel Hooves gives you directions to the place in Canterlot where the symbol was seen. It's a rather unpleasant part of the town. Then he waits for Samurai to return.

(I'm going to include your equipment on your character sheets, so I need detailed information what you're using/wearing. I'm not sure what will be the effect of these in combat, I'll think about it when need arises. Also I'm not going to update that every time you change clothes, it will only be the equipment you use when prepared for combat.)

@PawelS

( I've already given the equipment kuya chose.) 

Kuya would wait and follow the commander.

As they went to the shady part of town where the symbol was seen, Kuya was more comfortable here rather than in the castle. "AAAHHHHH smell that stench in the morning? Now this is my kind of place!" 

Activate "pony sense"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

He could have teleported there, but Samurai saves his magic and walks to his room instead. Making sure it is still polished and perfect, Samurai dons his Japonies suit of armor, then takes his leave.

It takes him the same amount of time to get back to his friends. "Sorry for the delay. Where is this symbol?" Though to be honest, unless the symbol has any Japonies roots or heritage, Samurai probably won't be of much help identifying it.

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 1

Dr. Clue followed Kuya to the location where the symbol was drawn. As a royal guard, being in this part of town instinctively caused her to be more alert of her surroundings. She also wasn't a fan of the strange smells there. Dr. Clue examined the symbol carefully, sketching a copy of it in her notebook.

Roll intelligence and investigation.

"So, do you think it's the cult you were talking about?" Dr. Clue asked Kuya.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Dr. Clue said:

Dr. Clue followed Kuya to the location where the symbol was drawn. As a royal guard, being in this part of town instinctively caused her to be more alert of her surroundings. She also wasn't a fan of the strange smells there. Dr. Clue examined the symbol carefully, sketching a copy of it in her notebook.

Roll intelligence and investigation.

"So, do you think it's the cult you were talking about?" Dr. Clue asked Kuya.

(Waiting for @PawelS decision if it is connected, semi connected, or none at all)

• Brohoof 1

When Samurai gets back, Commander Steel Hooves takes a look on the group's equipment. "Looking good, recruits! Wanna check how it works for you in the battle? I can get you some guards that would train with you."

But you decided to investigate the strange symbol instead. The commander looks a little disappointed. "Leaving already? Well, you can always come back later. See you, recruits!" Technically you're not recruits, but he probably calls you that due to habit, because he often deals with them.

You leave the castle. Not long after you leave the area overlooked by the Castle Guards, you see a cloaked figure looking at you from around a corner, making a hoof motion for you to come closer.

@Kujamih

Kuya: Pony Sense (d5), result: 2. Failure.

Your Pony Sense doesn't tell you who it might be.

Samurai is insulted by the 'recruits' comment. That's no way to talk to somepony of his rank. ... Yet for now, Samurai show restraint. He does not call him on it. At least for now. Though depending on how the commander continues to act...

Soon out of the corner of Samurai's eye, he spots a cloaked figure motioning them over. Samurai makes the first move towards this stranger, but after dealing with the commander, his guard is up and he's ready for anything.

• Brohoof 1

Dr Clue notices the clocked figure and tries to use her knowledge of Canterlot to see if she can identify the figure. However, she does this back with the other two and is ready to step in if needed.

Roll investigation and intelligence.

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine You are the first one to approach the stranger, and when you take a closer look, it turns out it's not a stranger at all! You see the familiar face of the bandit that escaped your custody on the day you arrived in Canterlot.

"Hey, it's me!" Shadow Dagger says. It seems she recovered from her injuries, which probably required magical healing. She is cautious, unsure how you will react to her presence, but tries to act casual. She looks at your badges. "Nice trinkets you have here, where did you get them?"

@Skylight Scintillate

Dr. Clue: Intellect (d5), result: 4 / Investigation (d6), result: 6. Critical success!

You recognize the mare as Shadow Dagger, a known criminal. For what you know, the guards tried to arrest her several times, but she always managed to escape them.

(edited)

Dr. Clue gasped when she realized who the cloaked figure. She quickly pulled Kuya and Mango around the corner where Shadow Dagger wouldn't see them and she slipped on her armor and reinforced horseshoes. She also pulled out Shadow Dagger's arrest warrant.

"That's Shadow Dagger! That pony just keeps escaping the guards," Dr. Clue grumbled, showing Kuya the arrest warrant. "I say we get her!"

Edited by Skylight Scintillate

@Skylight Scintillate @Samurai Equine @PawelS

"wait wait wait.... I already captured her before... And Samurai knows it too... Samurai knows her maybe the reason why she wasn't worried seeing us... I suggest we play it cool. I'm sure she'll easily escape if we challenge her in her turf... The reason I was able to catch her was we were in the forest. And I think she could help... May I suggest we play along and catch her at a better opportunity?"

If Dr. Clue would agree then kuya would head on first.

" Okay let me introduce go there first so I could introduce you to her so she won't run away."

Kuya would then head towards Samurai and Shadow Dagger.

" Hey long time no see!"

BUT IF Clue would not agree... He would not join in the jump and watch Clue's plan unfold.

• Brohoof 1

@Kujamih 

Dr. Clue sighed. She was torn between capturing Shadow Dagger and seeing what kind of information they could squeeze out of her if she was unaware a royal guard was questioning them. Ultimately, since Dr. Clue probably wouldn't be able to tackle her on her own and Kuya wasn't willing to help, Dr. Clue decided to go along with Kuya. Also, they could just arrest her later and squeeze more information out of her that way.

"Ok then, we will go with your plan. But this better work!" Dr. Clue said, watching from around the corner. She took off her armor and reinforced horseshoes to make sure she didn;t look like a royal guard and watched for Kuya's cue. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

This was not a good moment for her to return, not after the commander's lack of respect. The very thought makes Samurai leer sharply. "Kaitou. Kimi to taihosu." He put a hoof on one of his holstered weapons... And gives a sigh. "Well, that's what I'd like to say, if I didn't have a more pressing issue. But I do hope you've at least considered what I said. Last we met, I told you it was never too late to start over and change your ways. I asked how you want history to remember you, and I never did get a proper answer." Samurai says.

He looks at the trinkets she mentioned. "These? Join us and I'll show you how to get one, Shadow Dagger." Samurai gives her the abbreviated answer with a bit of a smirk. "To be honest, I am surprised you recognized me. When we met, I wasn't wearing this suit of armor, nor this helmet that blocks most of my head. You must have a very keen eye for detail." Samurai compliments her.

Samurai then senses something. "!! On your guard, Shadow Dagger..." He whispers to her before turning in the direction of the sound. He didn't think anypony was following him, so Kuya's approach took him by surprise at first.

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 1

@PawelS @Samurai Equine

"..... Hahaha someone's high strunged today." Kuya tried to put in a cool atmosphere so the tension won't rise.

He would then avert his attention to shadow Dagger.

" Well did you miss me by chance? I could always give you a hug?" Kuya wittingly joked around.:squee:

" Anyway, what Samurai told you was no lie... You can have one of these badges easy... Just assist us on one of princess Celestia's quest and I'm sure you are Scott free of your sins PLUS we get paid, and also note... The princess is paying... Not a bad deal right? Pardoned from every crime, get paid by the princess herself, adventures no one can imagine? What more can you ask? All we need is your help on the matter...." Kuya would raise her hoof for a deal.

" Of course unless you want another hug from me and a blade from him?" 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

"I don't want these badges, if I did I could steal them from you. I just wanted to know how you got them. So you say you're doing some errands for Celestia? Well, I suppose she's paying well, so I can help you if you give me some of that gold. But I don't want to officially join the group, I prefer to remain in the shadows. I'd still be doing good things, isn't that right, Samurai?"

Shadow Dagger still looks alert, and ready to run if things go bad for her.

"Also I don't want to hang out with the likes of you too much, I'll just meet you from time to time. I know how to find you. So yes, I'm just doing it for the gold. Not that I like you or anything..."

Edited by PawelS