Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New toy says that Sunny will Battle King Sombra

eventyraren

I think that'd be a bit interesting, though I think I might take it with a grain of salt. Though if it does come true, I'd imagine he would arise from a dark crystal located in Bridlewood, mostly since the place has crystals everywhere to begin with

• Brohoof 2

7 hours ago, Sonic Shimmer said:

I’m kinda skeptical. MLP toy lines often don’t accurately reflect the canon.

4A477EA2-D81C-4D37-92C8-2CBB1EC18579.thumb.jpeg.f6c753c96b80fcdd0ceae3b8363b4e9f.jpeg

they gotta put in some mix to it ya know?😂 I think this is the foreshadowing of cozy glow ... dun dun duuuuuunnnnn!

• Brohoof 2

19 hours ago, Reality Check said:

I think that'd be a bit interesting, though I think I might take it with a grain of salt. Though if it does come true, I'd imagine he would arise from a dark crystal located in Bridlewood, mostly since the place has crystals everywhere to begin with

This was actually part of my G5 Sombra theory too. There's all sorts of evidence pointing to the fact that they at least want something about Sombra to have something to do with G5

• Brohoof 2

On 2022-01-13 at 3:02 PM, Splashee said:

(hopefully with a better voice actor).

Or Alvin Sanders doing a different voice, specifically the one he did for Cybron (Skysurfer Strike Force). Of course — given Cybron's personality — they'd have to make Sombra more like he was in S3-S5, too.

• Brohoof 1

Sombra's back again???

Well. These G4 connections in upcoming toys are really hinting at a more prominent role for the old characters than the movie had led me to expect. Makes me wonder how they'll explain it. Could be time travel for all we know, imagine if they bring something like that into the equation.

Now can they make Sombra look as fearsome as before in the new art style? That's the question.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Prospekt said:

Sombra's back again???

Well. These G4 connections in upcoming toys are really hinting at a more prominent role for the old characters than the movie had led me to expect. Makes me wonder how they'll explain it. Could be time travel for all we know, imagine if they bring something like that into the equation.

Now can they make Sombra look as fearsome as before in the new art style? That's the question.

I hope it doesn't EXPLODE the story.....

• Brohoof 2

12 hours ago, Starfall Glow said:

wasn't this just a concept for flurry heart?

A strange early concept for Flurry Heart. I suppose it's proof that just because Hasbro will come up with something, doesn't mean the production folks are always obligated to use it unless Hasbro really pushes for it.

That's what Jim Miller suggested when he was asked about it before Season 6:

It’s easy to forget that this show primarily exists in order to help market a toy line. So every season, there’s usually a few things that Hasbro Brand asks us to include (previous examples are the helicopter in ‘Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3, and the upcoming swan boat). There’s an instinct to get caught up in an ‘Aww, man! Really?’ kind of attitude, but over the years, it’s become somewhat of a fun challenge for us to find ways to incorporate these requests in to the series that makes sense in terms of the storytelling. And to be fair, Hasbro Brand has been incredibly gracious and patient with how we do that (think back to how long that helicopter was actually on screen).

So, this new alicorn is no different. I seem to recall that this actually came more from a storytelling opportunity rather than exclusively from Hasbro Brand, but they were excited about the possibility of a new alicorn. As with all of these new character/idea introductions will be what we do with them beyond their initial appearance. Can we continue with these ideas and make them relevant? Make the audience care about this new character? Does this change offer us additional opportunities to tell fun and interesting stories moving forward (which, after 5 seasons can prove to be more difficult than you’d think)? Time (and fan reaction) will tell if it was a good idea.

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/03/equestria-daily-interviews-mlp-season-6.html

So I guess it's possible that none of this Sombra stuff will happen. But it's a little strange that they would even mention him in a toy description.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Prospekt said:

A strange early concept for Flurry Heart. I suppose it's proof that just because Hasbro will come up with something, doesn't mean the production folks are always obligated to use it unless Hasbro really pushes for it.

That's what Jim Miller suggested when he was asked about it before Season 6:

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/03/equestria-daily-interviews-mlp-season-6.html

So I guess it's possible that none of this Sombra stuff will happen. But it's a little strange that they would even mention him in a toy description.

now that's how a pro should think! it's an opportunity not a hurdle.

• Brohoof 2

Well, if Sombra does come back, there's no telling who or what else from G4 could come back. They already hinted at the Wonderbolts, but I'm personally hoping for the various intellegent species like the Yaks, Changelings (Who I hope stay good for the most part), and Hippogriffs.

• Brohoof 2

Sunny glows in the dark. Kek. Also, I'm pretty sure that reviving Sombrero has transcended into the realm of B flicks. Who knows what cringe script they'll give him this time.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Goat-kun said:

Sunny glows in the dark. Kek. Also, I'm pretty sure that reviving Sombrero has transcended into the realm of B flicks. Who knows what cringe script they'll give him this time.

hmmm you should check the toy quality and description it made.... some how.... I have a gut feeling that this is going to not disappoint the fandom.... or anyone watching... it's just me though.... I don't wanna hype this too much and Jynx the show for me.

Edited by Kujamih
  • Brohoof 2

Another thing that makes me highly doubt this is just an error is the fact that it's a glow-in-the-dark toy. Fighting Sombra, the "dark lord" pony, does make sense as the selling point of such a toy, so it's very unlikely they just typed that up randomly. 

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-01-20 at 11:12 AM, CloudMistDragon said:

Another thing that makes me highly doubt this is just an error is the fact that it's a glow-in-the-dark toy. Fighting Sombra, the "dark lord" pony, does make sense as the selling point of such a toy, so it's very unlikely they just typed that up randomly. 

That aside, all of this spring's merch has a "crystal" theme so it was expected that something to introduce crystal ponies would happen in the upcoming special.

• Brohoof 2

6 hours ago, ichigomomomya said:

That aside, all of this spring's merch has a "crystal" theme so it was expected that something to introduce crystal ponies would happen in the upcoming special.

So maby Flurry Hart is also coming soon. 

58 minutes ago, Splashee said:

He definitely (if he will be part of the show), needs his dastardly theme music, every time he talks, something like:

Hide contents

Oh yeah, and instead of him being brutally murdered, or at least looking like he's been, he needs to be sent BLASTING OFF AGAIN! ^_^

On 2022-01-13 at 11:25 PM, eventyraren said:

This is the description: "Sunny is the main character of the last generation of My Little Pony. She's an Alicorn who plays a pivotal role in saving Equestria from King Sombra and his minions. This special edition Sunny Alicorn plush toy includes gold wings and horn, with combed hair, and glow in the dark elements on the body and hair and plays the movie soundtrack. The perfect gift for any My Little Pony fan!"

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2022/01/sunny-battles-king-sombra-in-new.html?m=1

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Brohoof 2