Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think the Mane 6 will return in G5?

phantompone1148

I might be saying this because I grew affectionate to the Mane 6 and the G4 in general - not to mention I haven't got the slightest idea on how G5 will be (nope, haven't seen the movie, yet) - but I actually hope they will, only in some way they won't be used as simple baits for fans and end up being "forced" in the series, All of this might even make them do/say something completely out of character and pointless for pure plot sake. Yep, this is the thing I mostly fear, nonetheless I'm willing to run this risk and would be glad to see them on screen sometimes! :eager:

• Brohoof 1

I think they will at some point(mainly as a one-off special rather than a permanent change). Do I want to see it?....not yet. This is supposed to be the ANG Mane 5, give them their time in the limelight, don’t blow your load with the old mane 6 yet, give us some more time to miss them 

Edited by Megas

No. There is no need for them to. This is G5. G4 is over, I’m sorry to tell you. 

The cast of G4 have all passed on with the possible exceptions of Twilight, Celestia, and Luna. What? The series is just going to have the G4 main cast come back to life? No. The only way I could see the G4 cast coming back is through a flashback/vision or two.

• Brohoof 2

They made some sort of cameo in the movie but I really doubt it.They're 'remnants of the past' for the G5 in my opinion at least.Although it would be cool if they could appear like how Star Swirl did .

On 2022-01-14 at 12:19 PM, The Wife of Hawks said:

No. There is no need for them to. This is G5G4 is over, I’m sorry to tell you. 

The cast of G4 have all passed on with the possible exceptions of Twilight, Celestia, and Luna. What? The series is just going to have the G4 main cast come back to life? No. The only way I could see the G4 cast coming back is through a flashback/vision or two.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts. Got no beef with flashbacks, no problem with them making a cameo as spirits, they'll always hold a special place in my heart...but come on. If they can just return alive like nothing happened, what was the point of making a new generation set in the distant future? :maud:

• Brohoof 5

19 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Pretty much sums up my thoughts. Got no beef with flashbacks, no problem with them making a cameo as spirits, they'll always hold a special place in my heart...but come on. If they can just return alive like nothing happened, what was the point of making a new generation set in the distant future? :maud:

This this this! I think it will be really cool if the new show references them (after all, they are incredibly important figures in the history of Equestria) but I hope that they don't spontaneously reappear as if they have been alive the whole time. It would just defeat the whole implication of the finale of G4 and the future setting of G5.

With the possible exception of characters that were hinted to be immortal in G4, such as Discord, Twilight, Luna, Celestia, Cadence, Flurry Heart, possibly Tirek, and any others I'm forgetting lol, I hope G4 characters are just referenced as historical figures. Wouldn't be against a spirit appearance, although I do feel like that would be a little on the nose for a kids show haha! "Hey kids, remember those cute ponies you loved? They are absolutely dead now, look, here they are as an actual ghost!" Lol!

medium.gif.7e76435afd4d238d6d4bb8cbacc68fc8.gif

• Brohoof 2

Depends, but I don't know much about gen 5 to know a dang thing about continuity between 4 and 5.

I wouldn't mind seeing them in side stories about other characters like Rarity traveling to Yak-Yakistan but I also want to see some of the other ponies who could use some time to shine like any of the 500 characters.

If they was shoehorned, i'd be annoyed, but if they do it well, then i'd be chill

adacf5a852068a1e7003d0c14c2ab7cd.gif

I have a hunch that Twilight will return, I mean, after all that build up to her being an alicorn, we only got to see her full form at the series final. feels like a pretty big build up to waste on one episode. As for the others, I think they might be "gone". It has been thousands of years from when g4 took place, highly doubt they're still kicking, unless they all became alicorns.

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-01-17 at 5:45 PM, Starfall Glow said:

I have a hunch that Twilight will return, I mean, after all that build up to her being an alicorn, we only got to see her full form at the series final. feels like a pretty big build up to waste on one episode. As for the others, I think they might be "gone". It has been thousands of years from when g4 took place, highly doubt they're still kicking, unless they all became alicorns.

Tara Strong already stated multiple times that she won't return in G5 as Twilight Sparkle, and Hasbro isn't known for replacing main cast actors.

• Brohoof 1

If they do, I hope it's only for a flashback or something of the sort. As much as I love the Mane 6, I don't want G5 to rely on them. It's been clearly established that that G5 is set hundreds, if not thousands of years later. It needs to be able to stand on its own two legs.

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-01-23 at 1:13 AM, Cash_In said:

If they do, I hope it's only for a flashback or something of the sort. As much as I love the Mane 6, I don't want G5 to rely on them. It's been clearly established that that G5 is set hundreds, if not thousands of years later. It needs to be able to stand on its own two legs.

TBH, I have to agree:  if G-5 does a crossover with G-4 and/or G-1, then I hope it's after about three seasons of quality content---doing it sooner will feel like it's using those previous generations as a kind of a crutch.

• Brohoof 1