Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Great Quest (1x1 RP between Courageous Thunder Dash and Samurai Equine)

Courageous Thunder Dash

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Trilby nods. "We are getting closer. Nature finds a way. We'll rescue Somnambula and then unlock the mystery path to Daring Do." Trilby says then faces forward. "TO ADVENTURE!!" He runs ahead of the tour guide. ... Then stops a only a foot ahead. "...Still no idea where I'm going." He says when the guide and Addie catch up.

Edited by Samurai Equine

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Samurai Equine

The guide was just about to say something before Trilby ran ahead. Addie stayed behind with the guide and soon, the two caught up to Trilby. "Somnambula's perfectly fine Trilby...remember, we're going to ask her about Daring Do." Addie replied. 

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Trilby was wide eyed. He fiddles with his with his hooves, muttering to himself as he looks around. Then, he takes off his fancy hat and bows. "Greetings, your greatness. We seek your help to find a pony that has gone missing." Trilby explains as he returns to a normal standing position. "...Also, I am surprised it was this easy to find you. I thought for sure we might have to explore a pyramid full of puzzles and challenges, or something."

"Oh no...I wouldn't make it that difficult...huh? Somepony's gone missing? Who?" Somnambula asked. "It's...Daring Do..." Addie said. Somnambula gasped. "That can't be true..." Somnambula said with a look of disbelief. "Well...there haven't been any books in the past few months. She used to publish them consistently. Even the storytellers who go around sharing her stories have gone silent..." Addie explained. "Wh...who or what could be behind this?" Somnambula asked. "I don't know...we thought you could have some info for us..." Addie said looking at Somnambula. 

@Samurai Equine

"Well....there is one thing I heard going around...and that is something that could possibly help. It was like one of those riddles the Sphinx had challenged me to answer. To simplify it, the riddle basically said don't let this trait cause you let your guard down..." Somnambula explained. "Oh dear...I think I may know...but it is not what you think it is..." Addie said with a worried expression on her face. 

@Samurai Equine

"It could be passion...or...wait a minute! I think I got it! Yes! It's passion. When we get passionate about one thing, it could actually lead into...greed...oh dear...I think I'm starting to put the...pieces together...wh...what if Daring...was caught due to her...passion overload and she...let her guard down for that one moment...but...hmmm...Daring isn't like that...or...ooh! Perhaps one of those sacred items drew out all the passion she has for adventure...and perhaps...a...greediness for sacred items..." Addie supposed looking at Trilby.

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Talk about a headscratcher. Trilby was at a loss for words. This riddle made no more sense to him than to anypony else. "So, what you're saying is, if we want to find Daring Do... We need to follow her hoof steps and get passionate about something as well, right?" He then goes up to Somnambula and offers her some flowers with a smile and a bow. No idea where he got them. "Not to keep you from your worldly mission or anything, but would you be interested in a date, Ms. Somnambula?" Trilby asks. Yep, he's a flirt.

@Samurai Equine

"I'm afraid that'll only make things worse. What we need to know now is the specific item that Addie is talking about and know it's exact location. The location is most likely where Daring Do is, and as Addie said, there could be someone behind this whole scheme." Somnambula explained. Addie nudged Trilby. "Not a good time for that..." She said softly. 

@Samurai Equine

"Well, Daring did say that this adventure would be the hardest one yet...and now, that's no understatement. She also said something about shrouds of darkness, which is really creepy. Well, she is Daring Do...but ponies could only go so far..." Addie commented, still thinking. 

(edited)

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Trilby thinks carefully. "Hmm... Shroud of darkness... Shroud of darkness... Why does that sound familiar? Almost like I heard it once. In a newspaper maybe? Sounds like an evil villain that Princess Twilight and her friends would face." Trilby retorts.

Edited by Samurai Equine

@Courageous Thunder Dash

'Well, one of those places has to be the best place to check. I know nothing about Daring Do, other than she has a reputation of being a great adventurer and archeologist. You two know her more than I ever will. But if it's about picking a place to search..." Trilby digs through his thing and pulls out a coin. He does a coin flip and catches it on the way down. Tails. "Coin tells me we should go to the land where the Pony of Shadows use to live." Trilby says. In other words, Hollow Shades.

@Samurai Equine

"I think we would have to search even deeper Trilby...maybe the Everfree...since who knows where some of those paths could take you. I heard that there are some really dark and creepy stuff there...well...I've walked through it a couple times." Addie said with a small giggle. "Addie may have a point Trilby..." Somnambula added. 

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Seems Trilby is out voted. "...Oh? We're going back home? Well I sure am going to seem like a silly stallion if it turns out Daring Do was right there the whole time. I expected her to be in some far off location, but if you both think Everfree is the way to go, then let's go!" Trilby begins to walk off. He turns back to Somnambula and bows. "Thank you so much, your greatness. Your help was invaluable." He says to here before continuing forwards.

@Samurai Equine

"The thing is...The Everfree may seem too obvious. It's one of those places where yes, there have been plenty of items but...they aren't as valuable as the ones that Daring Do finds..." Addie commented. "Still...you never know...the Everfree is bigger than it seems on the map." Somnambula commented, following the two.

@Courageous Thunder Dash

"Hmm..." Trilby scratches his chin. He's really not good at this. Couldn't solve the riddle. Can't think of a proper place to being searching for Daring Do. Is he really cut out for this? ...What did Somnambula say? A map? Sure, why not. Trilby reaches into his bag and pulls out some maps, giving it to Addie and Somnambula. He then takes a seat. Maybe it's better for him to just watch and learn for now.

@Samurai Equine

Addie and Somnambula sat down, inviting Trilby to sit as well. They examined. Addie looked at the maps, and then looked at Trilby. She saw some strange symbols close to where what seemed to be an exit to somewhere on the map. "Hey Trilby, have you seen these symbols?" Addie asked. 

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Trilby looks up, a little confused. He doesn't expect to recognize any kind of symbols. He's never been on any adventures like this before. His first instinct is to shake his head left and right and say no. However, just as he is about do so, he takes a closer look at the symbols. What do they look like...?

@Samurai Equine

The symbols seem like something someone would stitch to a hat, like a trim. Furthermore, it seems like these symbols are pointing in a certain direction. "Wow...I've never seen these symbols before..." Somnambula said. "Me neither..." Addie added. They look like Saddle Arabian writing...