Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Underrated games you love that you want other people to talk about.

WildChildMirai

Basically I wanna spread some love for the underrated games and I wanna start with a favorite of mine.

Tangledeep, its a rougelike that involves a female protagonist named Mirai (Name changable) where she adventures through the Tangle to find her answers, with a total of 14 classes (2 from DLC) you can easily get yourself lost in the game, and that's not even including all the special weapons you can get or heroic sets.

It has alot of options for how you want to play with many difficulty modifiers and even three modes Adventure, Heroic, and Hardcore.

DLC includes a second character to play as with a unique playstyle and bonus bosses to fight.

What's everyone elses favorite underrated games?

It's God Hand, admittedly a game that features...things that are pretty outdated by today's standards(not gameplay, but bits of the story that definitely wouldn't fly today), and unfortunately is more known for IGN's infamously terrible review. But in reality it's Capcom at it's most Capcomiest

AgonizingDirectGraysquirrel-size_restric

QS58D.gif?noredirect

god-hand-combo.gif

ImpressionableInnocentFrogmouth-size_res

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 1

Heya there! I moved your thread to the media discussion area and edited the tags. The mega thread tag is reserved for special cases. 

Anywho, there are so many underrated games. The Sly Cooper series is one of them. The gameplay is so satisfying when you sneak around and unlock cool moves. Every boss fight was unique, especially when you couldn’t just strike the boss with your cane…(I’m looking at you Mugshot). 

• Brohoof 1

For me it has always been Okami from the ps2 gaming days. The story has depth,  different  game play,  smooth controls,  lovely  graphics!  Also u play as a freaking wolf goddess out of beings!

ammy-okami.gif

• Brohoof 3

5 hours ago, Tao said:

For me it has always been Okami from the ps2 gaming days. The story has depth,  different  game play,  smooth controls,  lovely  graphics!  Also u play as a freaking wolf goddess out of beings!

ammy-okami.gif

Never played it but i've always heard alot of good things about it, must be a reason it got ported like 4 times

• Brohoof 2

On 2022-01-19 at 10:24 AM, Celli said:

The entire Metroid series is underrated, I wish more people gave it a chance. Dread certainly helped, though.

The irony of one of Nintendo's pillars in the past being called underrated now.

But it's true

• Brohoof 2

I've mentioned this in another thread, but the Klonoa franchise. As far as action/platformers go, I'd say that Klonoa was ahead of his time. Door to Phantomile's gameplay was not only impeccable for a game in its category, but also the story was impactful.

• Brohoof 4

On 2022-01-20 at 11:39 PM, WildChildMirai said:

The irony of one of Nintendo's pillars in the past being called underrated now.

But it's true

tbf it was only ever considered a Pillar during the GC/Wii days due to the massive success of the Prime games. Hopefully Dread can manage to bring things back to that

13 hours ago, Sasoriman said:

I've mentioned this in another thread, but the Klonoa franchise. As far as action/platformers go, I'd say that Klonoa was ahead of his time. Door to Phantomile's gameplay was not only impeccable for a game in its category, but also the story was impactful.

It's clear that Namco loves the character. Hopefully the speculation of a remaster(with the Copyright filing and all) can spark interest in it again. If nothing else at least rerelease the Wii and PS2 game

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Megas said:

tbf it was only ever considered a Pillar during the GC/Wii days due to the massive success of the Prime games. Hopefully Dread can manage to bring things back to that

It's clear that Namco loves the character. Hopefully the speculation of a remaster(with the Copyright filing and all) can spark interest in it again. If nothing else at least rerelease the Wii and PS2 game

Clear that they love the character, but not enough for him to get into smash sadly...adacf5a852068a1e7003d0c14c2ab7cd.gif.72494298afd8b5705cae910a34df4acc.gif

• Brohoof 1

No More Heroes is SO underrated. The series has been given a little more exposure as of late, being ported to the Switch, but even so, it deserves a much larger following. The gameplay is simple, but fun. The writing is hilarious. The music across the board is just fantastic. Seriously, I highly recommend it to fans of the hack-and-slash genre. :mlp_grin:

No More Heroes 1 & 2' review: a guilty-free return to the garden of madness

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, WildChildMirai said:

Clear that they love the character, but not enough for him to get into smash sadly...adacf5a852068a1e7003d0c14c2ab7cd.gif.72494298afd8b5705cae910a34df4acc.gif

I mean Tekken and Pac Man are kinda bigger franchises lol

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Sovereign Leader Rarity said:

No More Heroes is SO underrated. The series has been given a little more exposure as of late, being ported to the Switch, but even so, it deserves a much larger following. The gameplay is simple, but fun. The writing is hilarious. The music across the board is just fantastic. Seriously, I highly recommend it to fans of the hack-and-slash genre. :mlp_grin:

No More Heroes 1 & 2' review: a guilty-free return to the garden of madness

Travis got robbed in smash bros, but i'd agree more if I'd play one of the games, the countdown artists seem to enjoy them consistently though.

• Brohoof 1

Fantasy Life on 3DS. It's a fairly small and simple RPG, but it has so much charm and love put into it, that I really wish it got more attention. Other than that, I could probably list about half of my steam library on this thread.

• Brohoof 2

OneShot

It's one of the most wholesome games with great characters and story. And meta elements of the game attach you to characters and involve in the story better than anything

Many people compare it to Undertale, and I agree that if you like Undertale, you should at least try OneShot

• Brohoof 1

Definitely Night Trap. When people talk about it, they do focus too much on the drama, and not the game play/story. The newest Night Trap release was very cool, but it wasn't programmed like the original since it was a remake, so the game rules are not as good.

• Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, Cash_In said:

Fantasy Life on 3DS. It's a fairly small and simple RPG, but it has so much charm and love put into it, that I really wish it got more attention. Other than that, I could probably list about half of my steam library on this thread.

I thought about getting it but got Rune Factory 4 instead, and ended up becoming a fan of Rune Factory lol

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-01-18 at 10:47 PM, Tao said:

ammy-okami.gif

I actually played a demo of this at a game stop and found it quite interesting. Imma look for a playthrough of it sometime soon. 

• Brohoof 1

I’d have to go with CookieShop DS and Do not feed the monkeys (a PC and Switch-ported game)

CookieShop DS is a cute and relatively simple game where your character, Rose, works in a department store with her friend, Cream, in a small bakery. Rose’s job is to go around the other food stores and collect ingredients and Cream’s job is to act as the cashier and give Rose tips for the day.

The game also features a variety of minigames (most of which you have to complete in order to unlock things), customization options, and wireless play if you want to sell or share things with other players. Overall, it’s a neat little game with fun characters and plenty of things to do, at least until you’ve run out of recipes to collect.

C87EAF74-F136-48E6-A43C-C62B784EEF66.jpeg.b2e024555b2befb3a72165e3a65c06d6.jpeg

Do not feed the monkeys (yes, it actually had those lower cases in the title) is a strategy game where your character has decided to join an elite spying club in order to pay his bills (dead-end jobs alone just won’t cut it). Your task is to flip through each of the cameras and gather as much information as possible. You also have to buy more cameras, or “cages” as the club calls them, to level up. While doing all that, you must remember to eat, sleep, work, and pay the rent lady on time.

It’s a pretty challenging game but it’s very intriguing. The game has the ability to really suck you in, just like it intends to do with the main character. The story unfolds in a very suspenseful manner since the more you learn about the club, the more and more sketchy it becomes.

85041598-972C-4B62-BB06-C891A0FBFC11.thumb.jpeg.df3ab5b2a5a8856c1f78041189f58114.jpeg

• Brohoof 2

On 2022-01-31 at 10:16 AM, Cash_In said:

Yesss I loved that game so much! I had like 300 hours on it... :adorkable: 

I heard the Fantasy Life Online mobile game recently got a western release, but I haven't played it cause my phone battery is already pretty bad, though I'd like to try it eventually when I get around to buying a new phone. Doesn't look as good as the original though :/

• Brohoof 1

Omori. I wouldn't call it underrated per se but it feels like it didn't get nearly the amount of attention it deserved.

Also the Metroid series, IMO it's Nintendo's best franchise and yet it seems like nobody really seems to care much about it.

• Brohoof 1

Another game I’d like to mention is The Almost Gone. It’s for the PC and Switch but both work pretty well as far as controls go. The premise is that this girl has to go through a series of rooms, all relating to her past, in order to get to this treehouse she keeps mentioning. It’s a neat puzzle game that slowly reveals her family’s troubled past. If you like psychological games, you’ll like this one.

600942C2-3F5D-4E8B-A18A-3A77CE6DBE9D.thumb.jpeg.06c8149af7e653a6eca08aa5669c3661.jpeg

Maybe Closers? I wouldn't say it's underrated but it feels like not that many people are playing it anymore. Basically your a human being that's been affected with this special power from another dimension which you use to fight dimensional monsters. That's probably the easiest way to explain it but instead of making your own character, you pick from a set of premade characters. It's pretty fun if you love beat-em-up games. :P 

• Brohoof 1