Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think happened to the other intelligent creatures of the world?

ShadowDurza

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly think that it's possible that other such creatures may not even feature at all; tho such a thing would be a shame. That said I'd say the main reason is due to the pilot needing to dedicate the time to introducing our main cast of characters and as much of the world as possible in the time span they had.

If the creatures do return, it will be in the series.

• Brohoof 3

It is like FIM Season 8 and onward never happened in the G5 history. We didn't even see a tall Twilight in the movie.

Now, the series might be different, especially if the villain is going to be King Sombra. I have my predictions set for G5 being completely ignoring the history of FIM and instead reusing characters and making a new kind of Equestria, like how Pony Life dealt with that :baconmane: (Characters sell toys, characters are nostalgic)

• Brohoof 2

On 28/1/2022 at 17:13, Splashee said:

It is like FIM Season 8 and onward never happened in the G5 history. We didn't even see a tall Twilight in the movie.

I agree. Even they (writers) acknowledged that seasons 8 and 9 were horrible. :D

Edited by Orchid_Fiore
  • Brohoof 3

Interestingly, the G5 Movie had no time even for Pip, so obviously we will have to wait until the series to see what creatures are out there in modern Equestria.

There seem to be rats with wings, and potentially intelligent crabs. So there is that :mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 1

Idk but I'll be very upset if they don't get shown in the series, but I'm sure they're all still around tho.

I especially the hippogriffs. PLEASE give me hippogriffs.

• Brohoof 1

A marketing executive realised they were not cute ponies and showed them the exit :P

But in lore terms, I think they are out there in the wide wide world of Equestria. It seems like communication has not been a strong point in the post-FiM world, so it would make sense if the creatures who had bonded with the ponies, seeing those bonds fray, went there separate quiet ways, as they had trotted for years before pony contact.

• Brohoof 3

I prefer to believe that if the show writers wanted to hit the reset button, then all the other magical creatures probably just departed to far off lands. No creature went extinct or departed on bad terms. Maybe they couldn't stay in Equestria without magic so left to find it elsewhere.

43 minutes ago, Stancet said:

I prefer to believe that if the show writers wanted to hit the reset button, then all the other magical creatures probably just departed to far off lands. No creature went extinct or departed on bad terms. Maybe they couldn't stay in Equestria without magic so left to find it elsewhere.

I second this since, even though I haven't watched any Generation 5, it would be strange for a lot species to just go up and poof and disappear. Possibly the bonds between species would have soured but since I haven't heard of any negative interactions between ponies and other species, or any interactions at all for that matter. Though I have been out of the loop of the show for a while so maybe there's something I'm not aware of. :P 

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Scarlet02 said:

I second this since, even though I haven't watched any Generation 5, it would be strange for a lot species to just go up and poof and disappear. Possibly the bonds between species would have soured but since I haven't heard of any negative interactions between ponies and other species, or any interactions at all for that matter. Though I have been out of the loop of the show for a while so maybe there's something I'm not aware of. :P 

Actually, there are a lot of unanswered questions about how G4 transitions in G5. Personally, I'm okay with the questions remaining unanswered, at least until they've come up with some good story lines that make those details relevant. 

• Brohoof 2

38 minutes ago, Stancet said:

Actually, there are a lot of unanswered questions about how G4 transitions in G5. Personally, I'm okay with the questions remaining unanswered, at least until they've come up with some good story lines that make those details relevant. 

I'm not too surprised since the makers of MLP can be a little vague about certain things lore-wise though it is better that some things remain unanswered in the series until they have good story lines to fill in the blanks. :adorkable:

If they were truly intelligent, and they noticed the ponies were fighting, they made tracks and forbid ponies from setting foot in their lands, knowing that windigoes don't appear to stray too far from ponies.  Sure, the ponies likely took measures such as sealing away their magic to stave off windigoes, but the other races wouldn't have known that.    

Possibility B: There are a bunch of species of sentient creatures living in post-modern societies who have also lost their magic, and are unaware of the existence of other races.  Dragons are known for rage-quitting in online games, and you really don't want to know what happens on griffin forums when a fandom splits.  Also, it would be an excuse for future show writers to continually present the same message over and over about overcoming prejudice, thus saving them the need for original story ideas.  

• Brohoof 1

I've always thought it would be hilarious if it were to turn out that the other species had been maintaining healthy relations with each other, but backed off from the ponies after the horse apples hit the fan.

Edited by HedonismBot

I'm sure they still exist. They've just ceased ties with ponies, for one reason or another. Could be that they tried to help prevent Equestria from falling apart, failed miserably, and then chose to isolate themselves from the remnants of the old pony society... perhaps due to hostility on the part of ponies.

• Brohoof 1

Shoot---it kind of seems like it's a bit too much of a stretch to speculate on why there isn't close contact with the other creatures like hippogryphs, dragons, griffins, and yak.  I say it's too much of a stretch because we don't even know what caused the ponies to stop communicating with each other!  Probably whatever cut off communication between the ponies' tribes also cut off communication with the other species---which is too bad:  I'd have expected a lot of economic potential from widespread contact between the different species, and places like Griffinstone really needed economic development!  If their memories of Twilight's golden age haven't faded, too, then they're probably itching to reestablish trade relations.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, HereComesTom said:

Shoot---it kind of seems like it's a bit too much of a stretch to speculate on why there isn't close contact with the other creatures like hippogryphs, dragons, griffins, and yak.  I say it's too much of a stretch because we don't even know what caused the ponies to stop communicating with each other!  Probably whatever cut off communication between the ponies' tribes also cut off communication with the other species---which is too bad:  I'd have expected a lot of economic potential from widespread contact between the different species, and places like Griffinstone really needed economic development!  If their memories of Twilight's golden age haven't faded, too, then they're probably itching to reestablish trade relations.

must be a really powerful force..... * remembers there's a grogar's bell in gen 5......:yeahno: