Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Microsoft buys Activision for $69 Billion(Nice!)

Megas

Key points:

- MS now owns everything under Activision Blizzard, which means they own former Playstation Mascots Crash and Spyro
- MS paid more than Nintendo's entire worth for ActiBliz
- Bobby Kotick is out once the purchase is finalized

On one hand, this does make me worried about MS keeps buying out huge publishers, further getting into that Monopoly territory. On the other hand this probably the best case scenario for anything to actually be done about Activision's horrible workplace culture.

One thing I hope does come out this deal besides addressing the workplace issues is that all of the studios that have been stuck working on Call of Duty games are finally given free reign to work on what they want as well as freeing up all of the franchises that come with this purchase

I actually don't see most of this as good news...because it's Microsoft. I hope you don't need me to explain why Microsoft of all companies is an evil megacorporation I put no trust in, especially on "fixing the workplace environment". :maud: 

• Brohoof 1

I honestly couldn't believe it when I heard the news this morning. As an Xbox fan, I am excited about the news. They are really not playing this generation. Also, I wouldn't worry about a monopoly as there is still plenty of publishers still out there.

• Brohoof 1

Disagree, Miscosoft is greedy. No way I buying an Xbox. I'm a Playstation fan and hated Xbox. Now Xbox own SPyro. ANd some people think it's good news which is b***** (Don't bother me you be block). I be happy if Spyro got boughted so he can be both consoles. Some games in Activision that Playstation fans like and they must be angry, like when Xbox bought other gaming company. Xbox has great games it Xbox only and when great games in Playstation end up in Xbox, like most Playstation end up on Xbox and Nintino. :angry:

Hopefully this will mean that Activision's shit will be dealth with at the very least. However, I will say that this move is still pretty concerning as whole.

• Brohoof 1

No need to worry in a way, shutting them down or merging them with something else is probably all what would happen.

Microsoft seems to have a recent history of acquiring companies and then they go down hill and then are discontinued. 

• Brohoof 1