Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Older Gen comparisons

North Star

I've been watching a couple of the older gens and it'd be useful to have some of your thoughts on which gens/mini-series are better than each other in really a simple format eg a brief ranking or a X is better than Y.

I'll start: My little pony tales seemed to be cuter, better messages and is less Spikey than My Little Pony and friends.

(Based on comparing this with this.)

image.png.8911acf30c57848b3c3e371e8eea8229.png

Also it has Kelly Sheridan (Starlight Glimmer) in it as Melody :) 

oooh, I've been hoping for a topic like this!

I definitely think My Little Pony and friends is way better than My Little Pony Tales in terms of story. My Little Pony Tales is where they started becoming more girly (which I don't mind! I just prefer more story driven shows instead of braindead ones) I might be biased, however, since I grew up with MLPAF. 

• Brohoof 2

Tales had better slice-of-life stories and characters than G3 (except Minty, you can’t beat Minty). Tales had the ability to make every character have a noticeable difference in personality and gave each of them unique situations to deal with on their own while G3 made the characters too similar to one another and made most of their conflicts about parties or something else trivial.

2 hours ago, abrony-mouse said:

Also it has Kelly Sheridan (Starlight Glimmer) in it as Melody :) 

While that is true..... Confirmed by herself. It is a mess. The credits doesn't say who voiced who, and even the voice actors themselves didn't remember who they played, and a lot has been guessed (not confirmed).

However, Melody's singing is done by someone else (supposedly the voice actor of Starlight, but again, how can we know? It's not like the say how old they are, see wiki and her webpage, no mention of any age).
There is actually a very uncomfortable situation in one of the voice panels where Kelly was asked by a fan about Tales, and then said she was the best, especially her singing..... And that's kinda hurtful when you get such a compliment, that the best thing you did was someone else's success.

The voice actor of Teddy thought he was the voice actor of Ace. The longer the time, and the more jobs they have had, and it will just be a blur.

• 1 month later...
On 2022-01-26 at 9:07 PM, Orchid_Fiore said:

I am so excited to start watching the first generation movies! I cannot wait!

The Catrina one and Midnight Castle are the best ones. The Catrina one has a great storyline and Midnight Castle is just a great way to kick off the series with it being the first movie.