Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

if g5 doesn't get popular or not giving enough profit to hasbro is there a chance g4 will be revied

ani4tt

13 hours ago, Will Guide said:

That's a little harsh. They were actually a few golden gems in season 6 among the junk.

Okay okay. Not everything is awful. I actually do love The Perfect Pair.

13 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

The answer is a very obvious no, G4 is over. If G5 fails, they'll try something new with the following generation. Even a success of any future G4 content would not result in G4 being revived because Hasbro is done with it, this is how businesses work.

I agree 100%

12 hours ago, Lone Traveler said:

I personally don't think Seasons 6-9 are bad, I just find them average (with season 7 coming close to being good). Yeah it was aimless and lacked charm with a lot of misguided writing decisions and bad episodes, but there were also a lot of really good episodes. For all of those seasons' flaws, I'm still glad I watched them since I liked probably about 40 percent of the episodes. I definitely think the old writers being almost entirely replaced after season 5 brought down the show's quality massively. imo MLP would have left a more satisfying legacy if the show properly ended in Season 5 while it was still good, the character arcs were basically complete, and the fandom was still bigger. However, those are just my personal grievances and I am glad seasons 6-9 exist since many others did enjoy them.

Okay, that's fair.

2 minutes ago, JMTV99 said:

Okay okay. Not everything is awful. I actually do love The Perfect Pair.

You do you know the Perfect Pear is in season 7 not season 6, right?

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-01-20 at 8:41 PM, Lone Traveler said:

I don't get why people who watched all of seasons 1-8 would stop midway through 9, if you're that close to finishing the show I don't get why you wouldn't just finish it to have a sense of finality. Even as someone who thought the show went downhill I thought the finale was really good. 

A combination of issues I’ve been having since S6 either not being addressed to straight up doubling down on them, to a lot of hype and promises only to be under delivered, broken promises, or in extreme cases feel outright lied to(“We couldn’t wrap up all lose ends” yeah because we totally needed half the tripe in S9 like She’s All Yak, 246Great and Daring Doubt, among others), to the leaks validating a lot of my biggest complaints during the last few seasons. After 246, I just said “fuck this” and didn’t even bother finishing the rest. The season’s brilliant twist at the end(/s) certainly made my choice easier

“Why not even finish the show when you were so close.” Didn’t want to give them the satisfaction. Like I don’t care how many people cried over it, when the rest of the season was so bad butchering everything I liked it's hard to care. Yeah in the grand scheme of things it hardly matters, but when I hated the rest of the season so much it’s hard to care, I know I wouldn’t even be giving the finale a fair shake even if I wanted to. Not to mention, I already know enough about what happened in the end to know that I wouldn’t like what was shown off

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 1

Something I ought to have said before, is that I was genuinely surprised about G5's announcement at the time, because it seemed so fast. Given the success of G4 and having nearly a decade of episodes at their disposal, I feel like they could have taken the lazy route and replay.

The only reasons I can think of for moving on so quickly is that they think kids have such short attention spans that the only way to keep them on the pony express is to constantly pump out new content. Certainly fits with the "BUY OUR TOYS" model.

26 minutes ago, Megas said:

A combination of issues I’ve been having since S6 either not being addressed to straight up doubling down on them, to a lot of hype and promises only to be under delivered, broken promises, or in extreme cases feel outright lied to(“We couldn’t wrap up all lose ends” yeah because we totally needed half the tripe in S9 like She’s All Yak, 246Great and Daring Doubt, among others), to the leaks validating a lot of my biggest complaints during the last few seasons. After 246, I just said “fuck this” and didn’t even bother finishing the rest. The season’s brilliant twist at the end certainly made my choice easier /s

“Why not even finish the show when you were so close.” Didn’t want to give them the satisfaction. Like I don’t care how many people cried over it. Yeah in the grand scheme of things it hardly matters, but when I hated the rest of the season so much it’s hard to care, I know I wouldn’t even be giving the finale a fair shake even if I wanted to. Not to mention, I already know enough about what happened in the end to know that I wouldn’t like what was shown off

Fair enough. Season 9 certainly could have done a much better job wrapping up loose ends and I agree that the twist was terrible.

I'm going to be real and say that I doubt I'm going to get into this latest generation nearly as much as I got into FiM.  However, I doubt FiM is going to come back even if this new series doesn't take off in the same way.  I certainly hope the existing episodes are put back on a streaming service, and we get a full release of all the episodes in physical form, but I don't think a new season of the show is in the cards.  

Desperate fans like us might hope with all our might, but I still don't see it happening. Although this is not without precedent. Remember how many times Futurama was cancelled/ revived several times over before that series ended? Not that there's a strong chance of that happening with G4, but...there'll probably be that very small, miniscule possibility that it might. :pout: