Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation King of The Hill reboot in development

ggg-2

I think a while back Mike Judge said that if he ever considered a revival a time skip would have likely been considered

The only thing that sucks is that they likely will have to write off Luanne and Lucky since both of their VAs passed away

• Brohoof 1

For once, a reboot I can actually somewhat get on board with. Granted, the original show had a decent run, but I do not feel its cancellation was fair, especially when we have worse shows going on far longer than they should. I also really enjoyed watching reruns of the show on Adult Swim back in the day. With the original creator returning, I hope they can make this work. 

Oh yeah, and I would also adore the hilarity of Dale bragging about how much he got right in the reboot. :mlp_icwudt:

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)
On 2022-01-20 at 6:08 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

So, Bobby wouldn't end up with Connie?

He might but he'd probably end up inheriting Hank's narrow urethra. :maud:

Edited by ggg-2
  • Brohoof 2

And they just announced that Futurama is returning (though apparently it's a proper 8th season rather than a reboot). Seems to be the beginning of a trend?

Well, if they can actually get this right and be true to the mood of the original, I'm down.

On 2022-02-14 at 2:14 AM, Prospekt said:

And they just announced that Futurama is returning (though apparently it's a proper 8th season rather than a reboot). Seems to be the beginning of a trend?

Well, if they can actually get this right and be true to the mood of the original, I'm down.

The eighth season is planned to start in 2023.

Hulu has ordered 20 new episodes of Futurama, with most of the original cast returning to their roles. The series will again be handled by its creators, David Samuel Cohen and Matt Groening.

This is of course very good news (for me), but I'm worried that they will deteriorate like the Simpsons - what Homer and Bart have become in recent seasons, even ashamed to say

On 2022-02-13 at 6:14 PM, Prospekt said:

It's been a trend for a long time. Nobody wants to try a new idea now, just endless recycling. :dry: