Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

sports Tom Brady’s company says he’s retiring at age 44

Dark Qiviut

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — Tom Brady is retiring from the NFL after an unprecedented career in which he won seven Super Bowls and set numerous passing records, his company’s Twitter account said Saturday.

The 44-year-old Brady goes out after leading the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to a Super Bowl title last season and NFC South championship this season.

Brady’s TB12sports Twitter account wrote: “7 Super Bowl Rings. 5 Super Bowl MVPs. 3 League MVP Awards. 22 Incredible Seasons. Thank you for it all, @TomBrady”

ESPN first reported Brady’s retirement on Saturday, citing unidentified sources.

Brady had cited a desire to spend more time with his wife and children despite still playing at the top of his game. Brady led the NFL in yards passing (5,316), touchdowns (43), completions (485) and attempts (719), but the Buccaneers lost at home to the Los Angeles Rams last Sunday in the divisional round.

Brady won six Super Bowls with the New England Patriots in 20 seasons playing for coach Bill Belichick. He joined the Buccaneers in 2020 and led them to the second Super Bowl title in franchise history.

Brady leaves the games as the career leader in yards passing (84,520) and TDs (624). He’s the only player to win more than five Super Bowls and was MVP of the game five times.

Widely considered the greatest quarterback to play the game, Brady won three NFL MVP awards, was a first-team All-Pro three times and was selected to the Pro Bowl 15 times. He was 243-73 in his career in the regular season and 35-12 in the playoffs.

Link: https://apnews.com/article/tom-brady-retires-8ec48cdfdcc5f0dd4650b0572dd15252

What an unbelievable career. Seven Super Bowl wins in ten appearances, 5-time SB MVP, 3-time NFL MVP (and may win another). 14 playoff game-winning drives, the only QB with 600 passing TDs (624), 84,520 passing yards. His elite résumé earned him a trip to Canton a long time ago. In fact, split his career into the three decades of his life (20, 30s, and 40s); each of them are HoF careers on their own. His greatest win (and what sealed his status as the GOAT in both the QB position and the NFL altogether) was the overtime victory in SB LI against Atlanta: a 28-3 comeback on the grandest stage; no other team had a bigger Super Bowl comeback than ten points.

See you in Canton in five years, GOAT! :D

• Brohoof 4

Kinda crazy how successful of a career he's had, especially for so long given the toll this sport puts on people, his long run as one of the NFLs top guys will be hard to top

also the Bucs are irreparably fucked once he leaves

Edited by Megas

I’m still waiting for the official word from him.  He’s still at the top of his game and I was expecting him to be back for one more year. It appears more than likely that he’s had enough. And at 44, I don’t think this is a sham retirement just so he can come back and sign with anybody he wants.  He already had a very good thing going with Tampa.  If this is it, he’s hanging it up for good.  

• Brohoof 2

I don’t believe it for a second. ‘Unidentified sources’ are no different than fabricated news, and tweets don’t count as anything but spontaneous yammering. I don’t doubt that Tom Brady’s wife is probably pushing him to retire, because that’s an annoying thing wives tend to do. But if Tom had his way I believe he’d continue playing, as he once said himself, “Until I suck.” He doesn’t suck; he’s still at the top of his game and I can’t believe we’ve seen the last of him because he’s not the kind of man to go out when he’s still got powder in the keg, and especially after losing that last game over a matter of a few seconds. People retire and un-retire in football all the time, so no matter what anyone says, I doubt we’ve seen the last of the GOAT.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Dreambiscuit said:

I don’t believe it for a second. ‘Unidentified sources’ are no different than fabricated news, and tweets don’t count as anything but spontaneous yammering. I don’t doubt that Tom Brady’s wife is probably pushing him to retire, because that’s an annoying thing wives tend to do. But if Tom had his way I believe he’d continue playing, as he once said himself, “Until I suck.” He doesn’t suck; he’s still at the top of his game and I can’t believe we’ve seen the last of him because he’s not the kind of man to go out when he’s still got powder in the keg, and especially after losing that last game over a matter of a few seconds. People retire and un-retire in football all the time, so no matter what anyone says, I doubt we’ve seen the last of the GOAT.

tom brady gifs | WiffleGif

• 2 weeks later...