Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How did you get over the fact that G4 has ended?

ani4tt

I was both sad and glad it was over after Season's 8 and 9 lessened my hype.

Now I have Generation 5 to look forward to and I'm excited for what's next. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

Well I basically disowned the last half of the show in general after being dissatisfied with S9. Was sad it was over but at the same time I felt it deserved a much better final season than what we got. At some point I got around to watching Rainbow Roadtrip which I much preferred over S9, then watched Pony Life and reading the manga and the Transformers/MLP crossover when they all came out, all of which I enjoyed most out of Pony for the longest time

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 3

• The title was changed to How did you get over the fact that G4 has ended?

It took time for me to get over it---quite a bit of time.  It was more or less my birthday in 2019 when it was over, and...well, the end of 2019 was NOT a fun time for me at all.

I haven't seen Rainbow Roadtrip, Equestria Girls, or read the comics much---I've been told the Season 10 comics were kind of a flop :/

• Brohoof 3

I was emotional for a bit after watching the last episode, but I'd been ready for it, knowing that it was about to end. So I just thought "Well, now it's time to catch up on te G4 comics." Also, rewatching G4 is a good option, and I did it too.

• Brohoof 1

42 minutes ago, HereComesTom said:

It took time for me to get over it---quite a bit of time.  It was more or less my birthday in 2019 when it was over, and...well, the end of 2019 was NOT a fun time for me at all.

I haven't seen Rainbow Roadtrip, Equestria Girls, or read the comics much---I've been told the Season 10 comics were kind of a flop :/

You should check out the Equestria Girls movies and specials then, thats basically a whole season of mlp content you havent watched! Plenty of fans such as myself were not fans of the concept or the first movie, but came to really like Equestria Girls once we saw Rainbow Rocks and Friendship Games (both of which could crack a top 20 mlp episode list for me).

Edited by Lone Traveler
  • Brohoof 1

I was always kind of over the fact because I'm used to the nature of shows coming and going. I always found comfort in the fact that MLP would continue as a franchise and not just in the form of Friendship is Magic. 

• Brohoof 1

I didn’t.  I haven’t even watched the 9th season yet, and don’t know if I can.  Would make me too emotional to see it end, and I’m worried I won’t like how it ends, so part of me never wants to see it so I can at least pretend it ended how I want it to. 

I just accepted the fact that the show had run its course and was now over. Granted, I do wish they had made a tenth season so as to give the show an even number of seasons but I've since learned to accept that didn't come to pass.

• Brohoof 1

I didn't think that the show would even continue for as long as it did maybe to season four but even so I assumed that the third season would be the final season. Therefore I would say I was content with the amount of seasons and as such I was in a way thinking it is preferably that the show ended being still the show that it was we love. The school episodes were different from gen four and already felt like another generation anyway so I mean I thought it was alright and besides the show will continue to live in our hearts.

• Brohoof 1

Truthfully, I stopped watching the show after season 4 (not because I disliked it. Real life just kept me away). 

Several years later I came back and was shocked to see how much the fandom had done without me being here. 

I guess you could say the show isn't over for me yet. I'm still catching up.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

To be honest, I still haven’t gotten over it. I miss the Mane Six so much. :(

Same here. It may have been three years now, but they will always be in my heart forever. Brony 4 Life. :)

38 minutes ago, Cosmozz1 said:

You will feel sad for a few days, but then you can see that there is much more (EQG, specials, comics, fanfics, pmv, fan-animations, etc.) There is a lot of content for MLP, so don't worry. The ride, never ends!!!

It took me quite a bit longer than a few days---but then I have OCD, so...

2 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

To be honest, I still haven’t gotten over it. I miss the Mane Six so much. :(

I haven't seen the whole show. I have read ahead about the ending, and even though I haven't seen it yet, I feel you. I don't want to believe the show is over, and I don't think I'll ever really get over it once I see the last episode all the way through.

• Brohoof 1

I've gotten over that by looking forward to G5. Also, while it saddens me that G4 has ended, looking at fanart, fanfics, and other fan-made G4 content helps me get over G4's end because I know that the fandom is still here.

• Brohoof 2

Forget about it.  Find something else to do.  It may be better this way. And before you know it. You are doing something different. Discovering something new. Next time, you can watch the series again with a renewed perspective. Rediscover it. Like seeing an old friend, again. Now, you may be feeling like it is over. But nothing is ever gone. For better and for worse. And just when it seems like is coming to an end. Something new begins.

• Brohoof 2

9 hours ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Just because Season 9 (and FIM) ended doesn't mean the ride ends.

Plus, with G5's special and new series on the horizon, I have new Pony to look forward to. ^_^

I do believe the Brony fandom will have a second life once G5 is in full swing.

I simply enjoyed the show for all the ups and downs. Considering I joined the fandom right before season 4 I kept thinking that each season was going to be the final season so when It ultimately end with nine I was surprised to that I was technically part of the fandom for more than 2/3 of generation 4.

When the show did officially end a few years ago I still continue to talk about some MLP related stuff with a friend of mine and what kind of role plays we can do together taking place in the world of it

• Brohoof 1