Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why doesn’t anybody on the Internet talk about mlp as much as they used to in the past?

phantompone1148

For most people, MLP really WAS just a passing fad. Most of the people involved in the fandom back then were young (I was around 17-18 when I joined in 2011) and have grown up and moved on to other things. Most people cringe at their past self and old interests, and MLP is no exception. In 2012 almost everyone I knew was a fan, but now I only know one other person who likes the show. I have friends who used to be bronies, but now hate everything MLP and wish they were never involved in it.

I also try to avoid mentioning MLP in most places because bronies aren't always treated nicely. It doesn't help that when you search for bronies some... not so flattering articles pop up. Back in 2011-2013, being a brony was something more accepted since it was a fad, and while there were always the haters, it wasn't anywhere near as frowned upon as it is now. (Though since I'm a woman, I can get away with the occasional pony avatar and reference. Sad, but true. The negative stereotypes are mainly for male bronies, and many haters don't know that Pegasisters even exist.)