Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is the MLP/Brony fandom divided?

phantompone1148

Depends on what you mean by division, and yes, it's fair to say the fandom is divided, but that goes with every fandom out there. The thing is tho is there are many things that could potentially 'divide' any fandom. I mean, when it comes to MLP, everything from alicorn Twilight and Equestria Girls to fake Grogar and G5 has caused the divisions, but that's to be expected and there's nothing wrong with that.

What do you mean by division; specifically?

• Brohoof 2

Isn’t every fandom divided though? I hate EqG but some like it, I love alicorn Twilight but a lot don’t, some like the ending, others wish it was different.

That’s what’s great about it though. We can all have divisive opinions but at the end of the day, we all love the same show.

• Brohoof 5

The fandom has divisive opinions (like any other community), but it's not literally divided. For example, I don't like Twilight, realized she's the most popular character, but I just can't stand her look/personality, and the fact she became the Equestria ruler. However, if you love her I can respect it.

• Brohoof 3

It definitely feels divided in a lot of ways some small(relatively speaking) like their thoughts on EQG, Pony Life, G5 and the show's quality, and in sometimes in ways that......people don't want to admit

I don't believe the My Little Pony fandom is necessarily divided, but moreso hold strong opposing views on certain parts/changes of the universe as a whole. (i.e. Equestria Girls, G5, S9 ending, etc.)
Even then, those views are held in respect and aren't debated to death... like some fandoms out there :Cozy:

• Brohoof 3

every people has their own thoughts and likings if look under categories we has different opinions on spin off's and other thing related to mlp g4 and g5  but we all are same if we look we all like mlp. but different if look under categories

• Brohoof 1

I'm curious what the biggest division within it would be that wasn't the result of something done within the show or related to a specific ship :ButtercupLaugh:

Some of course only applied until things were made Canon or determined to be otherwise.

The first family friendly division I ever noticed was of fans who could be described as the pony version uwu but very much seperate from that?

I'm not aware of any divisions that haven't withered away with time. At the end of the day, we enjoyed the show at some point or another.

• Brohoof 2

We're only divided the same way every fandom is divided, something to be expected from a fandom for a franchise that has put out so many different kinds of content for years and years. Some don't see the problem with the classic generations, others do. Some don't like the spin-offs of FiM, others do. Some are not excited for G5, others are. Everyone has a different opinion on FiM's seasons. Everyone has a different opinion on the IDW FiM comic series. You get the idea. 

What matters most is us being able to get along despite our differences of opinion. I know that some MLP fans can fight with each other over the dumbest stuff, but most bronies that I see are able to cordially express dissenting views to each other without worry of another fan angrily lashing out at them. Judge things for yourself, don't just listen to what others say. 

Well, a new generation is upon us and the old one has been mostly phased out by this point.  Of course division was inevitable.  However, props to this fandom for respecting different points of view and not going WWIII on those who hold opposing views.  To say that's more than can be said about some other fandoms would be an understatement, so hats off to MLP fans.  I'm not really expecting much from the new generation, and think I'm a FiM/EQG brony through and through, but others seem really excited for G5 and I'm not interested in trying to rain on their parade.  In some fandoms my view would probably be considered treason, so I'm glad I can share my opinion here without sending someone into a fit of rage.  So, yeah, I'm definitely seeing the division in the MLP fandom, but it's easily the most respectful division I've ever seen, and I hope it stays that way.  

• Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

Isn’t every fandom divided though? I hate EqG but some like it, I love alicorn Twilight but a lot don’t, some like the ending, others wish it was different.

That’s what’s great about it though. We can all have divisive opinions but at the end of the day, we all love the same show.

Literally what i would've said, fandoms are always divided. Division is a very broad term :scoots:

Everyone has divisive opinions, so that can make it somewhat divided at times.

Like I have very different opinions on a lot of things about the show, so does everyone else. But at the end of the day we're all in the same fandom.

• Brohoof 1