Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

what was the first actual BAD episode of FiM?

phantompone1148

Most will point to Feeling Pinkie Keen or Owl's Well is some of the most egregious examples, maybe even as early as Boast Busters. Though all 3 of those are still masterpieces compared to what came later(I mean, MMDW came just a season later)

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, phantompone1148 said:

What is MMMMMMMM?

"MMMstery on the Friendship Express"

That Sherlock Holms episode where Pinkie and Twilight are trying to figure out who ate the desserts on the train?

Also, I shall agree with them about this one. 

• Brohoof 3

The thing about MLP for me is that basically every episode that fans don’t like I’m still a fan of. Owl’s Well, Spike At Your Service and Baby Cakes I can still have a good time with, regardless of fans’ opinions on them. I didn’t even know people don’t consider them good until I joined the forum. 

The first time I ever walked away from an episode not having gotten anything out of it was Slice of Life. I’m not a background pony person and this was way too obviously fan service for the 100th episode and it was the first out of a few occasions in the latter days where the series ever disappointed me. A rule for me, if an episode shoves the Mane Six, the CMC or the Princesses aside or worse yet, dumbs them down than that episode definitely won’t go down well with me. 

Edited by TomDaBombMLP
  • Brohoof 4

• The title was changed to what was the first actual BAD episode of FiM?
2 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

The thing about MLP for me is that basically every episode that fans don’t like I’m still a fan of. Owl’s Well, Spike At Your Service and Baby Cakes I can still have a good time with, regardless of fans’ opinions on them. I didn’t even know people don’t consider them good until I joined the forum. 

The first time I ever walked away from an episode not having gotten anything out of it was Slice of Life. I’m not a background pony person and this was way too obviously fan service for the 100th episode and it was the first out of a few occasions in the latter days where the series ever disappointed me. A rule for me, if an episode shoves the Mane Six, the CMC or the Princesses aside or worse yet, dumbs them down than that episode definitely won’t go down well with me. 

how about MLP:EQG?

19 hours ago, Kujamih said:

that episode was a MASTERPIECE!?

Nooo I actually think it's a fair assessment. The episode in and of itself was great imo, but somewhere down the line, the writers pretty much got the wrong message from it's popularity where they basically made Twilight freaking out her entire character, to the point where they straight up tried to make it a quirk and make it thing, calling it "Twilighting"

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 3

Due to personal experiences/reasons "Applebuck Season" is hard for me to sit through. I have a father who is ten times more stubborn than everything what AJ demonstrates here. Still there are a lot of memories coming to the surface when I'm watching this .. Discarding these personal reasons - this episode is really good and unproblematic in my opinion. The first episode where I really think it's hard/painful to sit through (without any personal reasons) starts in season eight and would be "Non-Compete Clause".

Not sure whether the OP also cares for these personal reasons or not. They can take their pick :)

I love most of the FiM episodes, so there are not many I could list here.

• Brohoof 3

The Ticket Master is the first bad episode of FIM.

Twilight should have just ask Celestia from the beginning.

I think that most of season 1 is pretty bad. The show didn't really get good till season 2.

• Brohoof 1

19 minutes ago, LonelyYugi said:

I was very upset with that episode myself, but for other reasons. It was a ripoff of My Little Pony Tales episode And the Winner is. (I am a fan of MLP Tales)

For me it was Applebuck Season. It was just introducing Applejack and the Ponyville, and I didn't really like the high pitched Applejack at the time, or the animation.

But I like Season 1, except some annoying Pinkie moments.

• Brohoof 3

12 hours ago, Kujamih said:

that episode was a MASTERPIECE!?

Explain to me how twilight being crazy and brainwashing ponies is a masterpiece? The princess of friendship manipulating the whole ponyville is not so much different from Starlight really, and it's awful because at least Starlight did it a for a good reason (in her mind) Twilight did it for selfish desires

Edited by xLuneti
  • Brohoof 3

“Non-Compete Clause”. I didn’t hate a single episode in FIM until the 8th season haha. 

Most episodes people don’t like from Seasons 1-7 I either liked or at least don’t think they were bad. 

• Brohoof 3

3 hours ago, LonelyYugi said:

Twilight should have just ask Celestia from the beginning.

I think that most of season 1 is pretty bad. The show didn't really get good till season 2.

stop waking up the faustist!?:laugh:

1 hour ago, xLuneti said:

Explain to me how twilight being crazy and brainwashing ponies is a masterpiece? The princess of friendship manipulating the whole ponyville is not so much different from Starlight really, and it's awful because at least Starlight did it a for a good reason (in her mind) Twilight did it for selfish desires

.....explaining a master piece is silly, pony.

you are like asking me why is Mona Lisa not smiling.

jokes aside... and I never planned to be serious ...BUUUUUTTT.....

it shows their imperfections. they become real. if you have a perfect character.... would you like them? even superman is not perfect.

have you noticed a lot of people like villains than the perfect heroes?

apple jack honesty? rainbowdash loyalty?

yeah I'm okay with it. I can relate to them. 

I'd rather have someone struggle to become their role than someone who is so perfect in their role....

one punch man EVEN though he is perfect... the struggle is what we wanted to watch from him..... then season 2 came along......

I hope that answered your question.

Edited by Kujamih

11 minutes ago, AppleButt said:

“Non-Compete Clause”. I didn’t hate a single episode in FIM until the 8th season haha. 

Most episodes people don’t like from Seasons 1-7 I either liked or at least don’t think they were bad. 

cozy glow is my only reason for season 8...

Griffon the Brush Off. The episode started off fine, but the second Twilight accused Pinkie of being "jealous," it went off the rails. Gilda wanted to spend some time with Rainbow Dash, but she also went way too far by being overly aggressive, and Pinkie was right to complain. Its moral about standing up with your true friends is great. Unfortunately, turning GIlda antagonistic undercuts the very moral it was trying to teach.

• Brohoof 4