Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why doesn’t Cadence’s mane flow like Twilight, Luna and Celestias’ do?

Kaitlynne

I kind of always thought it was associated with age and since, as far as I know, she didn't appear in that episode that showed everyone way in the future, we have no way of knowing really but we can infer that it would make sense that she does. I'm not sure if you have that same idea though so let me know your thoughts on it. :adorkable:

Edited by Scarlet02
  • Brohoof 4

My guess is that it would change over time. Twilights hair didn't become ethereal as soon as she received her wings. Neither was Cadance hair ever ethereal. We also know, that, when becoming a ruler, it won't change their hair either. As alicorns, they grow in size too and Cadance is a bit larger than Twilight, so her growing process already started.

It's a growing process. The body size changes, the horn becomes longer and the mane becomes ethereal. When we see the future Twilight, Cadance will already have reached this state. This is what I believe. I also believe that they stop to grow after reaching a certain point.

• Brohoof 1

45 minutes ago, Sven Utacien said:

My guess is that it would change over time. Twilights hair didn't become ethereal as soon as she received her wings. Neither was Cadance hair ever ethereal. We also know, that, when becoming a ruler, it won't change their hair either. As alicorns, they grow in size too and Cadance is a bit larger than Twilight, so her growing process already started.

It's a growing process. The body size changes, the horn becomes longer and the mane becomes ethereal. When we see the future Twilight, Cadance will already have reached this state. This is what I believe. I also believe that they stop to grow after reaching a certain point.

Yeah this has been my thought process. I don't know what episode it was but it showed Twilight almost as tall Celestia if not the very same height. Considering that Cadence already was a little taller than Twilight before she had her wings, I would imagine that they would both be about the same height. Oh no... The emojis aren't working again. ;-; 

By looking at Season 8 Episode :oh_golly:26, you can see, when the magic is gone, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna's mane is not animated, but when the magic comes back, so does the mane animation.

In Princess Problems (episode 10 of Season 7), Princess Celestia has a moment where she drops the hair animation for a little while (at the breakfast table), and it seems like they are actually in control of the animation, so my guess is, they chose to have it, like a king would chose to wear a crown. It is a dress code so to speak.

Or, after they gave all their powers to Twilight, they lost the ability to do the mane thing. But that, I don't remember (who even watched Season 9 more than once?)

Simple explanation:
Princess Cadance mane style was too difficult to animate for the animators ;)

• Brohoof 1

She isn't old enough to have that yet. Personally, I'd much prefer her to be Celestia and Luna's third sister. That way, when Shining Armor marries her, Twilight can still be Royalty without being a princess - which was my main issue with her character in the show.

• Brohoof 1