Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning what do you guys prefer?

Evil Pink One

I'm planning to DM so I could learn and gain experience in my vocabulary and story telling, but of course how can I DM if I have no idea what the people of this forum like to RP. I'd like to know what you guys prefer to RP, like drama, sci Fi etc. and with this mosh mash of idea.... maybe I can make a world that fits everyone who posts and help me in this endeavor?

plus I'd also like to know who's active in this section of the forums as well...

NOTE: I am not pro level at my construction of sentences. hence me joining other RP and learning from them... and now this, to also help me and maybe others too, to further my skills.

• Brohoof 2

I like fantasy, or the MLP universe. Are you wanting to run a MLP game set in the G4 world, or a game in some world you made that has ponies, or a non pony world? The rules set you choose might be important. And you might not try to please everyone. Instead, make a world you like and tweak it for your group.

I have been roleplaying on this site for a few years as you can tell. I personally prefer RPs that alter the canon of the show itself. Alternate universes, different storylines, etc. Anything not set within the tone of the show is where I generally dwell. I also prefer more advanced concepts such as a character's inner thoughts and the like. I won't do anything with non-ponies (with exceptions of changelings and races in universe), so that means I will not do anything with furries or humans.

I will also not do RPs with dice rolling or 'game' elements. That is not in my interest or cup of tea to do so. It takes the fun out of putting my effort into constructing my posts, if one can just dice roll and eliminate the 'need' to do that. I'm open to suggestions, but I will not be apart of any RPs that involve dice rolling or dungeons and dragons type things.

• Brohoof 1

Personally I like any sort of story that offers intrigue, or where I can come up with a character who would be invested in the story. The best ones for me are those where the DM introduces a scenario that brings creatures together to accomplish a common goal. My favorite example of this was Midnight in Manehatten.

So long as the premise is intriguing, I am typically interested.

• Brohoof 1

@Brony Number 42 @Starforce

@Illiad Easle

so from what I can gather that would work with you guys is fantasy based... 🤔  I think I might have 1 already...

how bout we tackle starlight glimmer's time traveling? where little did twilight know that everything was not fixed with just befriending starlight? the rift that she made continue to grow and made numerous worlds and possibilities... making new villains and new dangers arise?

14 hours ago, Brony Number 42 said:

And you might not try to please everyone. Instead, make a world you like and tweak it for your group

copy that.

@SharpWit..... sooo? is there still a chance that you'd RP now? 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Starforce said:

@Kujamih

That's very much possible. I can definitely play canon characters or OCs, but if I am to play canon characters I will make them my own, so to speak. I'll play them as if they were my characters.

....yeah of course, I know what you mean and I get you:mlp_smug:. collaboration is a must and not team work. for teamwork works well when there is "control" and putting control in a RP is not fun.

6 minutes ago, Starforce said:

@Kujamih

The main thing you need to improve upon is capitalizing your words. I don't know why you don't do that. I can understand not knowing certain things about RP, but in order to RP properly you have to use proper grammar.

my auto capitalization seems to be bugged. oh wait I think I turned it off for some reason.....

@Illiad Easle @Starforce @Brony Number 42

I have an idea....hmmm what if we allow a bit of god modding? 

not to the extent that you can control other players OC. but you guys can control NPC and make scenario's for everyone? where eventually you might end up making a different story?

I suppose rules needs to be set... but what do you guys think?

would that make things interesting? or too chaotic? or it's too chaotic it just might work?

15 minutes ago, Starforce said:

@Kujamih

The main thing you need to improve upon is capitalizing your words. I don't know why you don't do that. I can understand not knowing certain things about RP, but in order to RP properly you have to use proper grammar.

There I fixed it! Auto caps is on baby! :laugh: but of course I have to still check stuff... Like if an emoji comes first the auto caps dosn't work....:okiedokieloki: 

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Starforce said:

@Kujamih

Sounds too chaotic, besides, we haven't even agreed on a central idea.

Agreed... We wait for the others I guess... No point if we have no takers... Meanwhile I should plan ahead. Make some plots that are loose and easily adaptable to the situation the role play might be.

Edited by Kujamih
  • Brohoof 1

@Kujamih

Thank you for turning your caps lock on. It's a simple thing that makes your posts all the more enjoyable for those reading. When you put effort into what you say - people will take respect and interest in what you have to say. The rest will fall into place.

@Kujamih

I am intrigued by the premise, the alternate timeline worlds give us a good amount of freedom in our characters as they can simply be from these other worlds, and further it alleviates much of the pressure to play canon characters IC as they too can be from other worlds. 

I look forward to seeing how you plan to start this. 

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, SharpWit said:

@Kujamih Sadly no. I enjoyed it, but I'm the type to get overly invested, and I simply have too much going on in my life these days.

Okay, but if you want to stick around and give some ideas that'll be a great help and if you want, you can influence a bit if you want, this way you won't have to invest alot and also enjoy reading it and what not.

5 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

@Kujamih

I am intrigued by the premise, the alternate timeline worlds give us a good amount of freedom in our characters as they can simply be from these other worlds, and further it alleviates much of the pressure to play canon characters IC as they too can be from other worlds. 

I look forward to seeing how you plan to start this. 

I'll try not to disappoint you.:mlp_smug:

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle @Starforce

Aahhh crap.... Gotta fix that grammar errors ...

anyway... it's up to you wether you came from another dimension( which I'm sure you guys would highly pick) or from this worlds dimension. Anyway I'm just setting up the atmosphere....

I guess you guys wondered in and would want to fix this predicament and go back to your proper dimension? Or you guys are actually dimension hopping and you ended up going here... And depending on what you want to do. (help them or make they're life harder) assist smile by closing or finding out the cause, or be the reason why they need to close the rift.

it really depends on what you guys want the story to go. Again you guys have full control of your character, so I'll be reacting to the situation.

SO depending on your "CHARACTERS" ROLE on this, then I can proceed to what you'd be doing.

for one things for sure Lyra is going to talk about the rift, to Princess Twilight.

Twilight would react to whatever comes out to the rift... It might be your character or something I'll make.

so knowing your traits and your character would help.

@Kujamih

Hmmm... Do you envision these rifts as being temporary holes in dimensions? More stable? A mix of both?

An Idea that comes to mind is that our characters pass through the temporary ones, leaving them stranded while the more permanent ones serve as a source of conflict. Then our characters can be recruited to help fix the dangerous rifts in exchange for a way to get back to their original worlds?

The character I have in mind is Blu Baseplate, who was a human before he passed through the rift, and is now a unicorn colt. He brings with him an AI companion with questionable morals and intentions that he was in the process of delivering when he fell through the rift.

My idea for this character is that he ultimately decides to stay when presented with the opportunity to return.

• Brohoof 1