Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was your age at the time of getting into FiM?

twilightlicious69

I became a brony and started to watch the show one month after the final episode aired. I was 27 at the time. :eager: But in german, the latest episode that was aired at the time was Dragon Dropped. I didn't know this, I just looked it up.

I never got spoilered, I started with episode 1 and ignored all the conversations and fan content. It took me approximately 4 months to complete the whole show, including Equestria Girls. But I watched the movies after I saw all seasons. The talk about the Storm King and the appearance of the hippogriffs confused me, hahaha.

At first, I wanted to watch every single content about MLP there is. Like all the mini episodes of Equestria Girls and whatnot. But to be entirely honest, I didn't enjoy it and got bored. I was sad, because the seasons were over. The final episode left a sentimental taste in my mouth. And I thought: This can't be it, can it?! There is not a single media out there that comes even CLOSE to what FIM is (in my subjective opinion). There is no point in spending time with it. So...I started to rewatch everything. Again and again. :eager: This is something I have to accept now. FIM is the best media that was ever created. When it comes to my personal taste, I peaked with it. I have to accept that nothing will ever be better in the future, I really think so. I was never a huge fan of something before I discovered FIM. I liked video games, but usually I play through them once and they become boring. So I never felt a strong connection to any media. Consume, throw away. Consume, throw away. Basically. It's sad, what's the point? The characters in FIM and the world are so lovely, it is very easy to feel connected. The ponies are more relatable than anything else I know from most media.

Well... :lie: I could go on and on, so I stop here. :ButtercupLaugh: End of monologue, haha.

• Brohoof 4

• The title was changed to What was your age at the time of getting into FiM?

I was 15. Needless to say, my thought process has changed a lot since then and I still get chuckles looking back on the kind of stuff I enjoyed from the show then as well as the kind of fan content I enjoyed then compared to the kind of stuff I enjoy now. :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 5

• 2 weeks later...

I got into it midway into season 2 back when I was 13.  I really can't believe that it has been an entire decade sense I got into it and have been part of the fandom.

• Brohoof 2