Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP FIM Cameo in the new Chip n' Dale trailer

RainyDash

5 hours ago, HereComesTom said:

I hope youtube copyright-strikes the trailer for no reason!

And then I hope they get the video reinstated, because they successfully argue it's parody!  Because that's about what it is.

This is brilliant! :ButtercupLaugh:

This kind of makes me happy. When G5 was still in production they were considering a rebranding of the G4 ponies, which I didn't like because the Mane 6 as we know them would be immortalized if Hasbro decided to leave them alone. This trailer is proof my theory was correct.

BUT, I am not looking forward to this Chip n Dale movie.

• Brohoof 1

40 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

As if Space Jam wasn't enough... also I am fearing for how the ponies will look in the actual movie, especially since it looks like they had the same quality as SFM or the 3D pony generator

I get the same vibe as well. Space Jam was basically a commercial for all the movies on HBO Max. I believe Chip n Dale is going to be Disney's response, but the one thing I don't understand are the cameos of non-Disney properties.

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-02-18 at 6:18 AM, Danielle Vermilion said:

Who is the pony in between RD and Flutters?

I mistook her for Applejack, but you're right:  AJ's hat is clearly on a pony behind Dale's mount who has Applejack's colors, even if Dale's mount's manestyle screams "Applejack".  Digging around in mlp.wikia.com, I can find a few candidates, but they don't quite seem to fit:

• Apple Cobbler's fur is close, but Dale's mount's hair is a bit too grayscale to fit with Apple Cobbler's mane, and the manestyles don't match
  • Mrs. Harshwhinny's fur is close, but again, Dale's mount's hair color doesn't quite fit, and the manestyle certainly doesn't fit
  • Hinny of the Hills is again close, but the fur is off, and the mane is a little too blonde and not gray enough.
  • Manely Gold's fur color match Applejack's exactly, which is another case of the colors being slightly off
  • Buttershy from Pony Life kind of fits, except Dale's Mount is too orange, and Buttershy's mane is too blonde...
  • Mane Allgood's fur color matches closely, but the mane color is questionable---plus, Mane Allgood has much longer legs than Dale's Mount
  • Pumpkin Tart and Cream Tangerine are some background pegasi whose color might fit, though their manestyles don't quite match

Maybe they created a character for the movie?

I don't mean to raise anyone's anxiety w/ my random thoughts but between this and the G4 Movie moving to Hulu next month, I am kinda wondering if Disney is starting to take a vested interest in the G4 IP. Not sure how it would work out legally but it wouldn't be the first Hasbro/Disney partnership.

Edited by n1029

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

New trailer for Chip n’ Dale out, with updated designs and animation. Our beloved horses included, now porting an art style much closer to the movie and Rainbow Roadtrip :yay:

• Brohoof 2

God this movie is going to be utter chaos and I am here for ALL of it! Can't wait to watch this!

And yes; the ponies do look much better this time around!

• Brohoof 2

7 minutes ago, Pathfinder of Ash said:

God this movie is going to be utter chaos and I am here for ALL of it! Can't wait to watch this!

And yes; the ponies do look much better this time around!

Me forgets to add the Mane 6 in the forefront, instead of spread around :muffins:

On 2022-02-15 at 6:17 PM, RainyDash said:
Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7c3e170dfb0a462f0ee8de611c629793.png

I just saw them in the movie (while looking over someone's shoulder because I can't stand this 3D), and they actually used the MLP The Movie 2017 designs! That was much better quality than the trailer showed!

• Brohoof 3

3 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

The "Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers" movie on Disney Plus was...Good. 

IMG_1343.gif.d3efbfe91bad4d3516d34ff1ceac005f.gif

596ed0c29603d_RarityNoSpoilers.gif.31c80abeca5a755dc73cbb0325c9b4a9.gifi prefer this gif

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...