Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Full Voice Cast Revealed For My little Pony Special and Show.

eventyraren

• The title was changed to Full Voice Cast Revealed For My little Pony Special and Show.

Kinda relieved that they aren't relying on the G4 voices at this point. They've done their duty; time for a new guard to impress!

• Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, Pathfinder of Ash said:

Kinda relieved that they aren't relying on the G4 voices at this point. They've done their duty; time for a new guard to impress!

If Silly Izzy’s VA is anything to go by, they may be bringing back the Vancouver cast :ticking:

• Brohoof 1

I knew they were going to go with a different voice cast as a means of keeping some of the costs low. This is a normal practice for this kind of thing so it's not really all that surprising. It is what it is and not much can be done other than to see how this new cast fares.

Edited by Ganondorf8
  • Brohoof 5

2 hours ago, Pathfinder of Ash said:

"Schmarity" could still appear as a new character in Gen 5. We should never doubt that a VA from FiM could still appear in Gen 5 as somepony else.

• Brohoof 4

1 hour ago, Ganondorf8 said:

I knew they were going to go with a different voice cast as a means of keeping some of the costs low. This is a normal practice for this kind of thing so it's not really all that surprising. It is what it is and not much can be done other than to see how this new cast fares.

The only one I was surprised didn't reprise their role was Kimiko Glenn given that she had previous voice acting experience with roles on other animated series such as Horse on Centaurworld or Bridgette from Close Enough.

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, cmarston1 said:

The only one I was surprised didn't reprise their role was Kimiko Glenn given that she had previous voice acting experience with roles on other animated series such as Horse on Centaurworld or Bridgette from Close Enough.

This is me, I thought it was obvious that everyone else wouldn't be coming back. 

• Brohoof 5

I know TV series' actors generally aren't paid as much as movie actors, so going from a movie to a TV series doesn't usually work.  That's actually why they didn't bring the original cast of Star Trek back for a second Star Trek series back in the 1980s:  they were making the original six movies at that point, so instead we got Star Trek The Next Generation.

So...it makes a saddening kind of sense that the movie actors won't be in the series.

• Brohoof 2

Honestly, as much as it sucks to hear the G5 movie VAs will not be reprising their roles, it's not a big loss for me. It's pretty common for Hasbro for replace A-list celebrities' with veteran VAs on a budget. It happens all the time.

As for the new VAs? I never heard of these people in my life, but I check out their IMDB pages and while they have a decent resume, it didn't had any major standouts to me, The only one was a standout was Ana Soni because she did a solid resume when it comes to voice acting in cartoons. And that's about it.

I'm sure the new VAs will do a good job and I do wish them the best of luck, but I'll pass judgement if their performances are good.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, JMTV99 said:

The only one was a standout was Ana Soni because she did a solid resume when it comes to voice acting in cartoons. And that's about it.

She even has some pastel horse in her resume :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 2

No offense to anyone, but why not just have these from the start?

I mean marketing aside.

Edit: I'm never googling actor names again either. I'll just know them as "that one who voiced so and so".

Edited by TheGleaner
  • Brohoof 2