Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

G5’s REAL 2D art style revealed

phantompone1148

33 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

To save money? :mustache:

Because it is a low-budget animation on Youtube. It's a short series on Youtube meant to promote "the real series" on Netflix, thus why not as much money is going towards the visuals. 

It better be.... Or else I'm throwing away MAYAYS...

• Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...

The most of the facial expressions are okay but I find that Pipp's facial expression doesn't match her. Pipp would know how to pose like a celebrity influencer, because she is one.

image.png

I do like how Zipp and Hitch's smiles match. The same with Izzy and Sunny's.

Edited by Rosy Moonlight

So now that I've actually seen Tell Your Tale's art in motion (by that, I mean "motion" because animation is an "illusion") many times, I actually think it's alright. Knew it would grow on me and it did. It's still cheap-looking, giving off a typical "industry feel" look, but it's more pleasant to look at than Pony Life to me. Some people even say that Opaline looks better in this 2D format than in Make Your Mark (albeit sometimes as a backhanded compliment), and I was never even bothered by Opaline's 3D look. 

It is the art style that stops me from watching the G5 2D series. Comparing that to Pony Life where the story stopped me from watching and I was fine with the art style, I believe that designs must be good and inspiring in order to take up my (precious) time.

These designs fail on so many levels. I don't wish to watch the series with my eyes closed to experience any unique story from this series so I ignore it completely.

• 1 year later...