Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask The Equestrian Historical Society

Ashen Pathfinder

You find yourself in a small town on the eastern side of Equestria. Strolling through the residential and business areas you come to find that you are in Derbyshire; located not that far from the much larger city of Baltimare. As you walk on you noticed a sizeable, though still small historical academy off to itself. Journeying on, you see a structure with various spires and looking like it dates the rest of the town by one hundred years. Curious at this oddity you approach it; noting the sign that says "Museum of Equestrian History." Walking inside, you note that it must be one of the quieter days of business, but run across a brown earth pony mare. Wearing a fedora she turns to greet her with a big smile.

"Hello! Good Day! And good morning to all you forumites out there," she exclaims with great enthusiasm. "My name is Sojourner! I am the curator of the Derbyshire Museum of Equestrian History and the head Archeologist of the Equestrian Historical Society!"

A gold unicorn stallion approaches; slightly shaking his head. "Are you sure that was long-winded enough," he askes with a grin and chuckle.

"Aw shut up and contribute your bit," she says, laughing as she playfully prods him on the side.

Shaking his head with a soft smile he looks at you. "My name is Pathfinder. I help to run this museum. I am also a master cartographer and contract navigator. Sojourner and I are partners and close friends.:

"Partners in crime is more like it," she laughs. "But seriously, Path and I not only run this museum, we're also adventurers. We love to explore various land and search for lost or hidden ruins."

"That said we try to respect artifacts that don't belong to us," the stallion clarified. "That's partly why we don't have as many exhibits as the bigger museums. That said, any artifact you see here is kept  here with the explicit permission of the people who own it."

Sojourner nods in agreement. "That's one thing that separates us from other museums. We also rely on a small, but passionate crew that has only grown in time. In fact, let them introduce themselves now!"

You turn to the right and see three creatures approach; two deer and a zebra.

A reindeer with glasses is the first to speak up. "I am Scarlet Willow and I come from the Frozen North; specifically from The Grove. I am a surveyor and worth close with Pathfinder in regards to map-making."

An eager young white-tail doe step up next. "I'm Autumn! The Kingdom of Thicket was my home, tho I left due to differences with the ruling monarchy there. I work as a protege to Sojourner; tho with a heavy specialty on deer history!"

The zebra mare steps up next. "You may call my Zu'hra; tho my Saddle Arabian parents call me Desert Star in their tongue," she says with a respectful bow. "I am the head historian here, as well as head librarian and researcher of the Saddle Arabian Achives. Pleased to meet you all."

Sojourner then turns to you, again smiling. "And that's our main crew! Now, there were two others I wanted to introduce you two, but they aren't here right now. A pegasus named Corsair and his griffin partner Gypsy. While not part of the museum crew officially, they do a lot to help us when needed. That said, if you guys have any questions we will try to answer them as best we can!"

CHARACTER REFERENCE

Spoiler

dew41t5-ce5f1ed0-110e-483c-9a62-8bb72efaa542.png

From left to right:
Top: Gypsy, Corsair
Bottom: Scarlet Willow, Pathfinder, Sojourner, Autumn, Zu'hra

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Quinch said:

Let;s start with the obvious question - what are the two missing members up to at the moment?

Sojourner puts a hoof to her chin; thinking a little. "Well, it's hard to say. They're schedule doesn't always align with ours so sometimes it's difficult to reach them or the rest of that crew."

"That said I recall being told by one of their crew that they were contracted for a delivery mission," Pathfinder interjects. "May have left yesterday or the day before."

"Oh! That means they could be back soon! I should've mentioned earlier that Corsair is the captain of a privateer crew," she explains. "He and his crew, of which Gypsy is the second in command, do various odd jobs for citizens and beyond as contracted to the Equestrian government."

"Which begs me the question why didn't he stay independent," Scarlet Willow asks. "If he's contracted to Canterlot then isn't he limited in what he can do?"

"It depends," Sojourner responds. "If he was fully independent then that would mean less guarantee for income for he and his crew. That was the main sticking point."

"I see then..."

59 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Pathfinder I thought you were a deer not a pony, what's going on? :confused:

(technically I have two with that name; my deer-sona and a unicorn stallion; who predates the deer. XD)

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Pathfinder of Ash said:

(technically I have two with that name; my deer-sona and a unicorn stallion; who predates the deer. XD)

So, a fraternal twin? Your parents must've really liked that "Pathfinder" name, huh? :orly:

Edited by Sparklefan1234