Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Welcome! To: Into Limbo: Worlds Collide (open)

Evil Pink One

Well, here's my character entry.

Name: Shamrock Galore
Sex: Male
Species: Pegasus
Physical description: Orange eyes. Naturally red mane with a few silver streaks (currently dyed blue with a green highlight). Light pink coat, almost white. Fluffy feathers on his wings due minimal use. Crooked nosebridge and a scar on top of it
Other aliases or nicknames: Petri, Clover, Freakshow, Rocky
Ocupation: Formerly a gadgeter and alchemist
Likes: Music, numbing substances, techie stuff, sweets, salty food, over sleeping
Dislikes: Unpractical knowledge, things with tentacles, raisins, guavas
Background:
A pony from a dystopic era. Raised in a farming town where pegasi were shunned as weak and useless both by earth ponies and unicorns, he’s used to abuse and developed trust issues. “Grounded” after an accident where about 40% of his air sacs ripped within, rendering him unable to hover and fly more than a few feet at a time. He refers to himself as a chicken at times. Due a bad play from destiny, he became the play thing of a cosmic force, and has been stuck in a long time loop which restarts whenever he dies. These interactions with such a force allowed his conscience to trascend and retain memories despite his flesh dying out. As he loses his grip on sanity, he’s decided to experiment all possible outcomes doing almost anything he can think of in the search for a way out, queue the clown outfit for this loop. Skilled with knives and sometimes shows sadistic tendencies. While he might seem like a crass clown, he’s a big softy who just laughs his pain off. He does not know any better. Deep inside, he’s idealistic and strives for the greater good and would give his life for his loved ones.
Hamony alignment: Loyalty
Motto: “I’m a bad joke, like, dad joke tier bad”

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3ae9b4f61ed8c156f58e4302a68ddc5b.png

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Illiad Easle said:

@Kujamih

So, Did Starlight intentionally read Fuoco's mind? Or was that a mistake on your part?

Oh? Wait... What part?

15 minutes ago, Illiad Easle said:

@Kujamih

So, Did Starlight intentionally read Fuoco's mind? Or was that a mistake on your part?

Oh? Wait... What part?

@Kujamih

2 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

If the other flute copies were still present she'd spare them a glance before continuing, "While I appreciate the thought, I must reject the flutes I did not ask for, as I have no use for them." And I get the distinct impression that it would be unwise to put myself in your debt.

The italic portion is outside the quotation marks, as it is a thought rather than a spoken word.

• 2 weeks later...

@Kujamih

You posted in Main what I assume you meant for OOC.

But to respond:

8 minutes ago, Kujamih said:

Starlight didn't change anything with your original flute

8 minutes ago, Kujamih said:

The silver one is a "perfected replica" of the flute with the same enchantments " improved in a way"

Fuoco is exclusively concerned with alterations to the enchantment on the new flute. She won't use it unless the enchantment is a perfect replica. I had assumed that the original was unaltered, I was just talking about her inspecting the new one.

I see there was also confusion around 'her flute' which I understood then to be the silver flute since it is 'her flute' But I see now on the second read through that 'her flute' is meant in opposition to 'the silver one'

To clarify, if her original flute is unaltered, she has no issues with it.

If the silver flute has an enchantment that is in any way altered from the original enchantment, she will not use it.

13 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

@Kujamih

You posted in Main what I assume you meant for OOC.

But to respond:

Fuoco is exclusively concerned with alterations to the enchantment on the new flute. She won't use it unless the enchantment is a perfect replica. I had assumed that the original was unaltered, I was just talking about her inspecting the new one.

I see there was also confusion around 'her flute' which I understood then to be the silver flute since it is 'her flute' But I see now on the second read through that 'her flute' is meant in opposition to 'the silver one'

To clarify, if her original flute is unaltered, she has no issues with it.

If the silver flute has an enchantment that is in any way altered from the original enchantment, she will not use it.

The silver flute is just much stronger and heals quickly. Because its made by the material she requested and because starlight glimmer made it.

Lets just say its 30% better than her flute

@Kujamih

To be clear, Fuoco does not exactly trust Starlight at this moment. Starlight has given her many reasons to think that she has ulterior motives and generally doesn't care about her well-being. Even if the new enchantment is stronger, Fuoco doesn't have the magical knowledge to know that. All she can tell is if the enchantment is different, and if it is different she won't trust it both because she doesn't fully trust Starlight and because she's been taught not to trust strange enchantments.

If you can confirm that the enchantment is 100% identical, and that the difference is exclusively due to the material and Starlight's power, then Fuoco won't have problems with it. But if Starlight changed the enchantment then Fuoco won't trust it.

14 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

@Kujamih

To be clear, Fuoco does not exactly trust Starlight at this moment. Starlight has given her many reasons to think that she has ulterior motives and generally doesn't care about her well-being. Even if the new enchantment is stronger, Fuoco doesn't have the magical knowledge to know that. All she can tell is if the enchantment is different, and if it is different she won't trust it both because she doesn't fully trust Starlight and because she's been taught not to trust strange enchantments.

If you can confirm that the enchantment is 100% identical, and that the difference is exclusively due to the material and Starlight's power, then Fuoco won't have problems with it. But if Starlight changed the enchantment then Fuoco won't trust it.

🤔 I think she would've changed it... Especially if starlight knows that she can make it better... I think thats how she would act.... Right? Yeah she'd definitely would end up changing a few of it. 

@Kujamih

It's unclear whether it's just Starlight that doesn't understand how Fuoco's magic works, or if I simply haven't explained how it works properly.

In short, In order for a flute enchanted like Fuoco's was to be useful (More so than how a regular flute is useful) the user must be properly trained in melodimancy. The enchantment on the flute only serves to make it more durable, allow it to self-repair when exposed to fire, and to magnify the effect of melodimantic spells that pass through it. That is to say, inasmuch as Fuoco is the only one capable of melodimancy, they are only useful to her. To everyone else they're just really durable flutes.

In long:

Every living creature who can use magic has magic flowing through them in magical conduits similar to the circulatory system or nervous system. Magical energy is pooled in parts of the system called Nodes whose location depends on the type of creature. Earth ponies tend to have nodes in their hooves, Pegasi in their wings, and Unicorns in their horns. The strength of these nodes is partially genetic and partially trained, like a muscle. (Genetics determine maximum size as well as how easy it is to strengthen.)

For Sirens, to whom the discovery of melodimancy is attributed, the magical node is in the throat. Ponies have this node as well, but far less strong than a siren. This is how ponies can engage in complex choreography and group musical numbers without practice. They are engaging their weaker throat node to impose a subtle effect on those around them who are willing to participate. They are not strong enough to cause specific effects, nor are they strong enough to get anyone to do anything they wouldn't otherwise do.

In Fuoco's world, ponies have been training and strengthening this node for generations, often at the expense of their other nodes. (Fuoco is not nearly as strong as a typical earth pony because of her genetic heritage as well as her training as a flautist.) This is what allows Fuoco to do magic through song and music, with or without the flute. By extension, anyone who does not have this developed throat node would be unable to use the enchanted instruments as anything more than a normal instrument.

But if we suppose for a moment that Starlight did figure that out and somehow changed Misty and Diamond so that they could play the flutes and have magical effects, then that is the equivalent of giving a child a loaded gun whose safety has been removed. They do not have the emotional training necessary to prevent them from causing undue effects on those around them. We've already explored how even one as well trained as Fuoco is a danger to herself and those around her when her emotions aren't carefully locked down while playing.

I guess the question before we continue is: Is this what you intended? Or was Starlight's decision based on faulty information?

(Besides, the thought that a new learner could learn anything useful in a time period less than a year in regards to melodimancy is nothing short of insulting to Fuoco, who had to train for five years before she could so much as light a candle with her magic. Melodimancy is hard.)

2 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

@Kujamih

It's unclear whether it's just Starlight that doesn't understand how Fuoco's magic works, or if I simply haven't explained how it works properly.

In short, In order for a flute enchanted like Fuoco's was to be useful (More so than how a regular flute is useful) the user must be properly trained in melodimancy. The enchantment on the flute only serves to make it more durable, allow it to self-repair when exposed to fire, and to magnify the effect of melodimantic spells that pass through it. That is to say, inasmuch as Fuoco is the only one capable of melodimancy, they are only useful to her. To everyone else they're just really durable flutes.

In long:

Every living creature who can use magic has magic flowing through them in magical conduits similar to the circulatory system or nervous system. Magical energy is pooled in parts of the system called Nodes whose location depends on the type of creature. Earth ponies tend to have nodes in their hooves, Pegasi in their wings, and Unicorns in their horns. The strength of these nodes is partially genetic and partially trained, like a muscle. (Genetics determine maximum size as well as how easy it is to strengthen.)

For Sirens, to whom the discovery of melodimancy is attributed, the magical node is in the throat. Ponies have this node as well, but far less strong than a siren. This is how ponies can engage in complex choreography and group musical numbers without practice. They are engaging their weaker throat node to impose a subtle effect on those around them who are willing to participate. They are not strong enough to cause specific effects, nor are they strong enough to get anyone to do anything they wouldn't otherwise do.

In Fuoco's world, ponies have been training and strengthening this node for generations, often at the expense of their other nodes. (Fuoco is not nearly as strong as a typical earth pony because of her genetic heritage as well as her training as a flautist.) This is what allows Fuoco to do magic through song and music, with or without the flute. By extension, anyone who does not have this developed throat node would be unable to use the enchanted instruments as anything more than a normal instrument.

But if we suppose for a moment that Starlight did figure that out and somehow changed Misty and Diamond so that they could play the flutes and have magical effects, then that is the equivalent of giving a child a loaded gun whose safety has been removed. They do not have the emotional training necessary to prevent them from causing undue effects on those around them. We've already explored how even one as well trained as Fuoco is a danger to herself and those around her when her emotions aren't carefully locked down while playing.

I guess the question before we continue is: Is this what you intended? Or was Starlight's decision based on faulty information?

(Besides, the thought that a new learner could learn anything useful in a time period less than a year in regards to melodimancy is nothing short of insulting to Fuoco, who had to train for five years before she could so much as light a candle with her magic. Melodimancy is hard.)

Ahh yes.. you see... I'm not as smart or good in magic like starlight.... So i cant really know how your magic works... Until you've explained just now BUT even with your explenation i have like 5% grasped how your magic melodimancy work.

But STARLIGHT is OP from the get go even in the original show.... So her learning that magic... Especially with the power and freedom she has is no problem....

So it's me trying to adjust on how starlight works. Couldn't do it justice, sorry.

So yup Starlight in a way found out how your magic works and has probably adjusted it a bit. And Diamond tiara and misty would probably end up asking fuoco some lessons. That is if its okay with her.

Starlight just wanted the flute to be near fuoco but knowing that fuoco doesn't want the other flute, he just gave it to them. Didnt give the flute the fuoco but it is still near her. A win win situation. Hence why she said she gave it to them. Plus it can be a flare gun to call starlight glimmer if anything bad happens. Or a trap for her.... Who knows.

@Kujamih

I'm unsure whether Fuoco boiling over now or later would serve the story better, but it is a consequence of the story around her moving too quickly for her to respond to, which causes her to feel attacked from multiple angles and that she has very little control as to what is going on around her.

19 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

@Kujamih

I'm unsure whether Fuoco boiling over now or later would serve the story better, but it is a consequence of the story around her moving too quickly for her to respond to, which causes her to feel attacked from multiple angles and that she has very little control as to what is going on around her.

Things will be edited so  some of the things said and done would be changed... Like basher stopping the flames and the rest questioning what happened.

• 2 weeks later...

@Jesse Terrence @Illiad Easle

Please take note that if theres something your character wants to do but would deviate the already running course is OKAY. 👍 I just made some things in advance incase you have nothing to add and make the story run  along a bit faster and plus. It gives you a bit of an ability to see into the future a bit. Yeah why not. An added ability of the ODT is having a small glimps into the future.

@Kujamih

8 hours ago, Kujamih said:

Starlight was much more interested in the fire arm where the bullet came from.

Blu didn't pull out the gun to retrieve the bullet. To be clear I was referring to the pistol bullets from the gun he brought with him, not the custom bullets he had made for his rifle.

To clarify, did Starlight just try and scan everything he had on him? Or did you think that he had pulled it out?

She'd then make  200 bullets, but its weight is less than 30%.

What do you mean by its weight being less than 30%?

Shed also make a fire arm a pistol it was light and easy to carry. Flowing magic to this weapon is easy. Hence storing and firing magic with this pistol is easy. The fire power it produces increases as well. But it still depends on the caster. Plus the barrel is shorter so its not as powerful as the rifle Blu made.

What do you mean by this? Is it a copy of his pistol? Or a modified copy of his magic rifle?

Further, either Starlight has gotten exponentially stronger since she made the flute for Fuoco, or you're saying she already knew how to make magical firearms before meeting Blu, as she didn't need to examine what Blu had made nearly as closely as she had to examine Fuoco's flute.

" Since we are in a tight schedule i can easily flow my magic through you so you can easily familiarize yourself how metal works with magic and how runes flow out. Usually i dont do this to any pony, but you have peaked my interest."

What would this entail? I mean, how would this affect Blu? 

Edited by Illiad Easle

(edited)
17 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

Blu didn't pull out the gun to retrieve the bullet. To be clear I was referring to the pistol bullets from the gun he brought with him, not the custom bullets he had made for his rifle.

To clarify, did Starlight just try and scan everything he had on him? Or did you think that he had pulled it out

The side arm correct? Yup hence why she made a pistol. i read: he pulled some bullets from his side arm. So i figured starlight would see the gun.... But i saw it was a side arm so i thought it might be small, so a pistol. So yup she made a pistol bullets and a very fancy and strong pistol.

What do you mean by its weight being less than 30%?

It is lighter. Not only did she made a lot of bullets but she also made it lighter.(pistol bullets.)

Yes heavier bullets makes it more deadlier. But starlight would not have thought that you'd need a heavier bullet to kill someone... Maybe to stun or stop someone. Plus  she doesn't care about the weight since she can just use her magic to make the difference.

do you mean by this? Is it a copy of his pistol? Or a modified copy of his magic rifle?

Further, either Starlight has gotten exponentially stronger since she made the flute for Fuoco, or you're saying she already knew how to make magical firearms before meeting Blu, as she didn't need to examine what Blu had made nearly as closely as she had to examine Fuoco's flute.

Yes and no....  starlight did not get stronger... She was already that strong and as explained before she made expeditions and have a collections of libraries. Remember you got teleported with the library and outside is a field of buildings full of libraries. So she probably have read one of those or probably made a book about it.

Starlight might've gained some knowledge due to the flute but i consider her very knowledgeable and might've just forgotten this kind of magic. And maybe gained like 1% more knowledge? Or .01% it did take her a few second to play with theflute to make a very powerful one and adjust it so other earthponies on non magical oriented creatures can use it. Probably she'll implement it with the gun.

What would this entail? I mean, how would this affect Blu? 

This is like a short cut that makes blu learn magic much faster... I mean , do you want to wait for a week to read a book? Or make a conversation on how this and that happened so he learned this magic and what not?

More or less a shortcut for blu to have learn magic faster.

Starlight would prefer the old method of studying, but that'll take too long. Of course wed give some side effects like dizzyness. Or oversaturation of magic or what not. But not enough to leave lasting damage to himself.

@Illiad Easle

Edited by Kujamih

@Kujamih

4 hours ago, Kujamih said:

The side arm correct? Yup hence why she made a pistol. i read: he pulled some bullets from his side arm. So i figured starlight would see the gun.... But i saw it was a side arm so i thought it might be small, so a pistol. So yup she made a pistol bullets and a very fancy and strong pistol.

That doesn't answer my question, nor does it address my clarification. The fact remains that Blu did not pull out the pistol to retrieve the bullet. So either we need an edit, or it is made more clear that Starlight scanned him in order to know that he even had it on him.

As to how Blu could retrieve the bullet without showing the gun, the bullet was kept separate from the rest as he wanted to make sure he would always have at least one left over in case he ever had the chance to make more, like now. So the bullet would come out of an inner pocket of his coat completely separate from the pistol.

Yes heavier bullets makes it more deadlier. But starlight would not have thought that you'd need a heavier bullet to kill someone... Maybe to stun or stop someone. Plus  she doesn't care about the weight since she can just use her magic to make the difference.

That's fine, however it will tell Blu that Starlight is incapable of making correct copies, and as such cannot be trusted with fabrication.

Yes and no....  starlight did not get stronger... She was already that strong and as explained before she made expeditions and have a collections of libraries. Remember you got teleported with the library and outside is a field of buildings full of libraries. So she probably have read one of those or probably made a book about it.

Starlight might've gained some knowledge due to the flute but i consider her very knowledgeable and might've just forgotten this kind of magic. And maybe gained like 1% more knowledge? Or .01% it did take her a few second to play with theflute to make a very powerful one and adjust it so other earthponies on non magical oriented creatures can use it. Probably she'll implement it with the gun.

Lets not forget that Blu's pistol comes from the human world, and Starlight has never seen it in action and potentially has never seen it at all. Furthermore she's probably never seen anything like it before. I find it very hard to believe that she could make a working copy of it despite never before having examined it.

That said, maybe she could, but Blu certainly wouldn't trust it, primarily because he won't accept gifts he didn't ask for from a pony he does not trust, secondarily because he knows how dangerous an improvised firearm can be, which is why he builds his weapons himself.

I mean , do you want to wait for a week to read a book? Or make a conversation on how this and that happened so he learned this magic and what not?

I mean, Blu has the Kernel to assist him with learning, it'll only take like an hour to scan in the books and then he's done. Besides, with all the things that Starlight has done to lose Blu's trust, he's not about to give her permission to root around inside his head and decide for herself what he should and should not know.

I do appreciate that you're using the precarious nature of their situation to put a time constraint on their options, but immediately providing this short cut seems disingenuous. Blu is in a situation where he holds all the cards, and he has no ties to this place, no other reason to help out other than how it can benefit him. If the deal is not squarely in his favor he will not accept it.

34 minutes ago, Illiad Easle said:

That doesn't answer my question, nor does it address my clarification. The fact remains that Blu did not pull out the pistol to retrieve the bullet. So either we need an edit, or it is made more clear that Starlight scanned him in order to know that he even had it on him.

As to how Blu could retrieve the bullet without showing the gun, the bullet was kept separate from the rest as he wanted to make sure he would always have at least one left over in case he ever had the chance to make more, like now. So the bullet would come out of an inner pocket of his coat completely separate from the pistol.

Oooohhhh i remember now! The pistol... I thought it was one of the magical guns that he made. My mistake. It was the same pistol that he shot alpha with right? Gotcha. Editing.

35 minutes ago, Illiad Easle said:

That's fine, however it will tell Blu that Starlight is incapable of making correct copies, and as such cannot be trusted with fabrication.

Affected by the edit.

36 minutes ago, Illiad Easle said:

, Blu has the Kernel to assist him with learning, it'll only take like an hour to scan in the books and then he's done. Besides, with all the things that Starlight has done to lose Blu's trust, he's not about to give her permission to root around inside his head and decide for herself what he should and should not know.

I do appreciate that you're using the precarious nature of their situation to put a time constraint on their options, but immediately providing this short cut seems disingenuous. Blu is in a situation where he holds all the cards, and he has no ties to this place, no other reason to help out other than how it can benefit him. If the deal is not squarely in his favor he will not accept it

Na she aint gonna go through his head. It's like shes going to make him taste what specific magic taste like... So the next time he uses magic he knows what it is. Like how to swing a sword except its about magic. To get the feel of things.

For example like swinging a bat. You wont know the proper position ,posture strength etc without someone guiding you. Stuff like that.