Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will you give the 2D MLP G5 series a chance?

phantompone1148

Will you give the 2D MLP G5 series a chance?  

39 users have voted

1. 1. Will you give the 2D MLP G5 series a chance?

• Of course I will.
    • Nope!
    • IDK

the 2D style for G5 has gotten a lot of backlash lately, I’ve been wondering if you’re going to give it a chance. I think you should in my opinion because we don’t even have a trailer yet. I’m definitely going to give the YouTube series a chance, it could be good. Or at least decent. 

• Brohoof 3

Absolutely. :grin:

Judge the show when it's out. I hated the art-style of Archer when I saw it for the first time, but I looked past it and now I'm a bonafide fan of the show. People nowadays are way too quick to pull the trigger on something new before it even has a real chance.

Edited by Sovereign Leader Rarity
  • Brohoof 7

2 minutes ago, Splashee said:

According to Kid Screen, we will be getting a whopping 70 episodes in all, though each only clocks in at 5 minutes each.

Half the length of Pony Life, wow. Theme song *blinks* episode over. :blink:

• Brohoof 1

Nope.  Design is very important to me and I hate the design.   No decent plot will save it for me if I don’t like the design of the characters especially since characters are the #1 reason I get into a show.  

• Brohoof 4

Im not up for any kind of "in-formation" from media. Same with everything else inside the cube. Even when g5 is not really pulling me in. I thought the movie was gonna be enough to help me push through season 8. But it didn't happen. And part of the problem is with myself, and the way my perception works to deconstruct reality. I will give it a chance, either way. Maybe I will be surprised, maybe not. There is no point in getting polarized.

• Brohoof 2

I'm always one of those people who give things a fair chance, but this does not impressed me at all. I'm not interested in checking it out the whole Tell Your Tale series myself, but I'll check out a trailer or one short to see if it looks tolerable. Maybe it will grow on me, maybe it won't? Who knows.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

I’ll do what I did with PL. Leave after two minutes and avoid it like the plague.

That's what I did.

Yes I'll give it a chance. I gave the movie a chance and really liked it. I pray G5 can be good. :(

• Brohoof 2

I gave Pony Life a chance and liked it more than expected. Liked it a lot more than the last season of FIM if it means anything. There’s really nowhere to go but up at that point. The 2D show already gives the impression that it’s just more PL but for G5, given I enjoyed that I’m down for more 

• Brohoof 5

Yup, I am definitely not on the doom mongering wagon. I like to give everything a chance, and despite the immense disappointment with the visuals that I completely understand, I feel something people haven't considered is the possibility that the show isn't supposed to have good animation. If they've already ordered seventy 5-minute short episodes in addition to sinking all this money into a 3D show...doesn't that give you the vibe that it's supposed to be more of a promotional show, not something spectacular? 

Edited by CloudMistDragon
  • Brohoof 1

Sure, I probably will.  I'm starting to warm up to the designs, especially when seeing them in different angles, and if I don't like it, the episodes are only 5 minute long anyways so it's not like I would be losing too much of my time.  Plus If I don't like it there is still the CGI Netflix show to look forward to.  So I don't really see any harm in checking it out.

• Brohoof 2