Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tell Your Tale should have been animated by Titmouse.

CastletonSnob

32 minutes ago, CastletonSnob said:

Hasbro could have chosen Titmouse to animate a 2D G5 series. I think it would have been awesome. Just look at Titmouse's resume.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titmouse,_Inc.

Instead, they went for a cheap, no-name animation company called Lil Critter Workshop.

Why is Hasbro so incompetent as a company?

Is this satire?

• Brohoof 1

>Main series being made by main animation studio using the same style they had for a movie gets bigger budget while a 2D series gets made on a smaller budget, 5 minute episodes and being aired on Youtube gets made by a cheaper animation studio

>"Why couldn't they get the big animation studio to make our cheap 5-minute Youtube episodes?!"

4xtppo.png.c831fd5527eb1c9d716f876335649cdd.png

Also
>Another thread complaining about how budget is going to ruin G5

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 6

53 minutes ago, Fluttershutter said:

92b10732-59d8-4fa8-9d24-a66f31043653_tex

titmouse titmouse titmouse

My mind went straight to this quote. :P

42 minutes ago, Megas said:

>Main series being made by main animation studio using the same style they had for a movie gets bigger budget while a 2D series gets made on a smaller budget, 5 minute episodes and being aired on Youtube gets made by a cheaper animation studio

>"Why couldn't they get the big animation studio to make our cheap 5-minute Youtube episodes?!"

I agree.

The 2D shorts will likely be played between commercials like "Toy Story Treats" were during Disney's One Saturday Morning in the late 90's. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 4

3 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

The 2D shorts will likely be played between commercials like "Toy Story Treats" were during Disney's One Saturday Morning in the late 90's. 

The shorts are going on YouTube and later Netflix

• Brohoof 4

Not gonna argue about Hasbro's incompetence; that's pretty much a given.

That said; it's a tad disrespectful to be going off on the animation company behind this series. No offense, but it's still too early to off on the animators like that. :/

• Brohoof 2

While I'm not gonna be watching the youtube shorts (I never watched pony life or the stop motion g4 series, and only watched hello pinkie pie to count the animation errors), I am gonna give the shorts a chance before I go judging them. Though, just at face value, the style is NOT good. I won't analyze it on this thread, but objectively, they could've done way better, and it's clear they were just going for a cheap knockoff of popular kid's show styles.

hasbro is certainly incompetent though. when your entire purpose is to just make as much money as possible without putting a first thought into making your assets have actual quality, it's hard to be seen as competent :nom:

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-02-20 at 3:13 PM, CastletonSnob said:

Instead, they went for a cheap, no-name animation company called Lil Critter Workshop.

At least it is not animated by James Farr for Hasbro, then it would look like this:
330px-Newborncrappies.jpg

I'm willing to give the animation company Hasbro has chosen a chance. They could very well surprise us and create some pretty amazing shorts.

It's perfectly fine if you don't really care for the art direction for Tell Your Tale, but let's be real here, it wouldn't really make sense for Hasbro to hire an expensive animation studio to work on it.  Given that the series consists entirely of 5 minute shorts on their Youtube channel, it is clear that it isn't going to be the main priority of G5.  Instead it is clear that Make Your Mark on Netflix will be, with Tell Your Tale being supplementary and acting more as an extension of the brand instead.  Thus I find it silly to be like" Yes Hasbro totally should have hired this notable and expensive animation studio to work on what's essentially only going to be a simple series of bits and sketches".

• 4 months later...
(edited)

It would have felt nicer that if they were going to use much less polished 3D in Make Yout Mark, they would at least make the character in Tell Your Tale look as good as the backgrounds in the web series.

For me, Zipp looks the best out of the Mane 5. I think a lot of it comes from how her facial features are designed animated compared to the rest of the gang.

Her design, especially at the head, seems to be the most similar to the G4 design conpared to the rest of the gang. That might also have to do something with it.

Edited by Rosy Moonlight

• 1 year later...

I never even heard of the company untill Kiff started but I looked at the wiki I have seen others just didn’t know. 
I think it could have made it look better but I can’t imagine they’re spending much on it it’s short and just on YouTube. Not that YouTube can’t get good animations. I’m just gonna go with it being the budget.

and their putting most into mym.