Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Into Limbo: Worlds Collide

Evil Pink One

@Kujamih @Starforce

Blu... was not happy. He closed his eyes and brought a hoof to his forehead, let out a frustrated sigh, then started shaking his head, "No no no no no NO!" his expression was an odd mixture of fury and confusion when he opened his eyes and smacked the floor with the hoof he had been rubbing his forehead with. "I can't, don't... no, refuse, to believe this! 12 hours? I fell at least 60 meters through several branches, had a punctured lung, several broken ribs, and at least one broken leg. There's no way that could be healed in only 12 hours. But why should I trust you lot to begin with? You kidnapped me three times in apparently as many hours. And you!" He pointed a hoof accusingly at Dusk, "I can fight my own battles, get my own justice. I don't need your help. Besides, who's to say you don't just give her a little slap on the wrist, transfer her somewhere else, and tell me its been 'dealt with'? No. I'll do it myself."

He turned towards Lyra, "And you, I don't need another well meaning parent to take me in and go missing. I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself. Have been for years now. Now." He turned back to face all of them, "It's clear enough that the only one here I can trust is myself. All I know is that I was marked for death, but you thought better of it. I'm not naïve enough to think it was out of the kindness of your hearts. So what is it? You tried to get into the case I've been carrying? But figured out I'm the only one who can open it? You wondering about the device I used to injure your assassin?"

Blu was well and truly out of his depth, backed into a corner by agents of the same organization who all to recently tried to kill him, lost, confused, very hungry, and it showed. His eyes darted back and forth at the slightest movement, his breathing was rapid and ragged, and his heart rate, if they could tell it somehow, was very high, even for a colt as young as he appeared to be. Maybe he could be forgiven for his outburst.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Kujamih @Illiad Easle

Twilight would take in what Blu said to the lot. To be quite frank, she agreed with all of this. It was enough for her to regret her decision in signing up with Lyra and Bon Bon to begin with. Her expression bore one of a compassionate, yet impressed look. "You are right. You can take care of yourself. But I offer you this - I will help you with whatever it is you need. You may act like you deny it all you want but go into any situation like this and someone will be able to outpace, out-think, and outdo you." she said and glared to Lyra and Bon Bon.

"I cannot allow you two to do anything with this colt any further. Obviously he wants nothing to do with the either of you. Quite frankly, neither do I. You two have shown yourselves to be incapable of teaching and restraining those you work with. That reflects on your character, and that reflects on those you work for. This isn't something that one can simply talk out. Alpha literally tried to kill this young one here, and for what?! Think about that before you speak, and if you dare to lay a hoof on this young one, you will have me to stand in the way for it!" her eyes fumed with rage, standing in front of the young one, as if defending him from Lyra and Bon Bon. Her eyes were blazen with fury, in total agreement with him.

"I will let you do it yourself. Don't believe me? I'll be standing there, when Alpha is completely at your mercy." her expression turned into that of a curt grin. "But one needs to cool down, gather their senses, before even thinking about making a move." 

Edited by Starforce
  • Brohoof 1

@Kujamih @Starforce

"Oh lay off them. I'm not falling for a 'Good agent, Bad agent' shtick. When I said I'd take care of it myself I meant it. You try and stick your muzzle in this, I'll take care of you too. As much as I don't trust them," he gestured to Bonbon and Lyra, "I trust you the least. You threw your comrades under the bus just like that? Loyalty clearly isn't your strong suit. Clearly you have your own twisted agenda against... her. Why else would you indulge a colt's fantasy of revenge so readily?"

He closed his eyes and took a few steadying breaths. "Just... get out. Both of you." He pointed at Lyra, "You... I don't trust you, but I don't trust you the least. You can stay, please, and help me figure this out."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle @Kujamih

"You can believe whatever you wish. I won't stop you. They aren't my comrades as I recently came into this dimension after all. Not that you have to believe me. I am more than eager to help you, remember that. I'm not an agent. But why should you trust Lyra, here then? If I were you - I would trust no-one." she sighed in a displeased manner. She wanted so badly to get Blu to come to a realization that she only wanted to help, but also in her heart she didn't like or trust Lyra and Bon bon. 

(edited)

@Starforce @Illiad Easle

As both Blu and Dusk argued. Lyra would be In a mess of how to handle this, panicking and phasing back and forth towards Blu and Dusk to calm down.

While Bonbon was fixated at the newspaper.

" Uuu we haven't been a unit for a day and we're already crumbling apart..." Lyra, who was about to cry, sadly said.

" Mehh... I think we're doing well compared to the other units... Usually someone would've lost a tooth or broken a bone.... Oh wait some one already did." Bonbon Looked at Blu and snickered.

" Hey that's not funny Bonbon!" Lyra Cried.

Then Blu declared that he'd wish to talk with Lyra alone.

Bonbon would nod, " I don't mind  Pipsqueak... But let me at least fix you some breakfast okay? oh and don't worry, it's a meal for both you and my wife. I'm not taking my chances of poisoning her for you, if that worries you..."

As Bonbon and Dusk exit the room.

Bonbon would speak towards Dusk.

" I don't blame you for hating us, since you don't know much about how this world works and this agency. you're still welcome here, you did save my life after all. I hope you don't lump every Smile agent Like Alpha... I mean if me and Bonbon acted like Alpha you would've been dead already, right? And here you are still alive in our home." She'd leave Dusk alone for a while so Dusk can have her time alone and also to prepare Lyra and Blu's breakfast.

Edited by Kujamih
  • Brohoof 1

@Kujamih

Blu calmed down considerably once the other two left the room, but would tense up again if Lyra trying to approach him. "Hold off a moment, please. I need to see if I can trust you. Just stay right there for now."

He went over to retrieve the Kernel, then moved to the middle of the room and set it down, he motioned for Lyra to sit across from him. "No sudden moves please." He gave her time to sit, then pressed a series of buttons on the case as well as rubbing certain spots in certain ways. Not all of the motions were necessary to open the box, but Lyra wouldn't be able to know.

With a click the case was unlocked, and he slowly opened it, it gave off a faint blue glow, illuminating Blu. He pulled over his gloves with his magic and used them to, from the sound of it, press more buttons in rapid succession. The case started to hum like several small fans were contained within it, then Blu nodded. "So, you and Agent Bonbon, how long have you been married?"

He'd ask a few other menial questions about casual subjects, seemingly more interested in whatever the device was doing than in Lyra's answers. The only thing they had in common were that they were things that Lyra had no reason to lie about, which allowed the Kernel to learn a baseline to see if Lyra was lying in the future.

After about a dozen questions, Blu nodded again, then turned his attention more fully to Lyra. "Now, I'm sure you have questions of your own, let me ask just a few more, and if you answer honestly, I'll trust you enough to answer some of yours. Deal?"

1. "Why are you doing what you're doing, in regards to me?"
  2. "Why are you doing what you're doing in general?"
  3. "How did I get here?"
  4. "Why was I attacked?"
  5. "Can I trust you not to lie to me going forward?"

@Kujamih @Illiad Easle

Twilight would leave to the other room as requested by Blu. It was very problematic to say the least, but hopefully some sort of resolve could come in the future. Dusk wasn't going to push that on anyone. Just like nobody should push it on her. To Bon Bon's comments about this, she would smile strangely. "If my intention were to come here and die, I would have done so. Besides, you don't know me. Maybe I will keep it that way, so long as these things keep happening. Sure, you've given me all the perks of being a member - but have you earned my loyalty? I'd like you to consider that, before considering your options going forward." she spoke, as if she was making a bargain.

"I do not work for you. I could easily leave, never to return - to find someone else who would be far more beneficial to both me and the other party involved. I am doing this out of respect, and tolerance for you. I work for no-one. It is every organization's duty, at least those who care about morals and integrity - to root out those who do not have them. Clearly Alpha doesn't. If you can fix that Colt's problems that he has with you, than perhaps I may consider my loyalties again." she spoke calmly, her eyes looking directly into Bon Bon's own. It was more or less like Twilight was making a deal, yes. But how would that turn out? That was for the future to decide. 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce @Illiad Easle

Bon bon thought long to make sense on how Dusk thought process where... She concluded that Dusk is definitely from a different dimension, has different morals and different way of thinking. So she shrugs it off and replied.

3 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle (Universe 114A) said:

. Besides, you don't know me. Maybe I will keep it that way, so long as these things keep happening. Sure, you've given me all the perks of being a member - but have you earned my loyalty? I'd like you to consider that, before considering your options going forward."

"One thing I do know is you saved my life."

" Somepony have their secrets. you, me, Lyra, Alpha, Blu I don't mind knowing them and not knowing them."

" As per your loyalty? I never asked for it though..."

"I do not work for you. I could easily leave, never to return - to find someone else who would be far more beneficial to both me and the other party involved. I am doing this out of respect, and tolerance for you. I work for no-one. It is every organization's duty, at least those who care about morals and integrity - to root out those who do not have them. Clearly Alpha doesn't. If you can fix that Colt's problems that he has with you, than perhaps I may consider my loyalties again

" Well if you plan to leave, well I can't stop you. But if you do leave I can't help you either."

" If you think I'm using you, I actually have nothing to gain from you. I just wanted to show my gratitude to the one who saved me. But if you think I'm hindering you in some way I wouldn't like that. So whatever you plan on doing is up to you.im just assisting you and helping out."

" Alpha is one of the best ODT hunters out there. You know the way you treat every agent reminds me of Alpha... The way she treats ODT. You guys might get along." She smirked.

" Again not everyone is like Alpha and what agency would lock up someone who has no evidence and the only proof are hear say? What if I told you that Lyra was Lying and Alpha is actually the good pony? What evidence do you have that Alpha is actually bad? Alpha has done more mission and deeds... There's a reason why she got the title Alpha, no ordinary pony has that title... So who'd we believe in Dusk? An Alpha? Or a random ODT? You can't blame the agents for being too scared or angry at ODTs you should know that there are more casualties in the Smile agency than the ODT has... I HAVE LOST LOVED ONES BECAUSE OF YOU... AHMM sorry I meant the ODT.... ODTs are always labeled bad for a reason.... Because their usually trouble... But you... You and Blu are different... You guys might probably hold the answers the agency is seeking..."

"Again  you loyalty... I don't need it." Bonbon got heated up at the moment and seems to regret on doing so... She then continued to prepare Lyra's and Blu's Breakfast.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
3 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

Why are you doing what you're doing, in regards to me?"

" Because I always wanted to have a Colt and call it my own?" 

Why are you doing what you're doing in general?"

" Because you are cute and I want to adopt you?"

How did I get here?"

"I  wanted to ask you that too..."

Can I trust you not to lie to me going forward?"

" I don't lie... But I do get lied at a lot... If I told someone's lie would that be considered me lying too, even though I wasn't lying?"

Lyra answered Blu with all her heart and purity. It seems that Blu needs to be a bit specific for this mare to understand what he is talking about...

Edited by Kujamih
  • Brohoof 2

@Kujamih

In regards to the second question, Blu elaborated: "I mean, why are you with Smile? Why do you do what you do for them, and why do you act differently from the rest?"

He noticed that she hadn't answered the fourth question, so he asked again: "Why was I attacked? Why does that appear to be the default policy?"

In regards to the answers she did give, especially the first two, he was somewhat annoyed. "I... You don't want to adopt me. My parents have a history of going missing. I may look young, but I'm not, or I wasn't before I came here."

To her third answer he sighed, "That makes two of us then. I was going to ask how I get back but I assume you don't know the answer to that either."

• Brohoof 1

@Kujamih @Illiad Easle

"Then maybe you should stop referring to me as an 'ODT'. That term is rather degrading if I am to be in the same category as whatever else you've faced. But sure, I guess I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this. I don't know if what you are even saying to me now is true, or what happened back there. But if this really is the case, than I would not expect you to simply forgive someone for trying to harm a foal. Clearly, that's what I am trying to convey to you here. And if I am to hold the answers, I would not be so keen on giving them away to those I don't know." she shrugged. 

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle @Starforce

Lyra would feel a bit uncomfortable when Blu tried to have an answer on his fourth question. She'd ponder for a bit and give a deep sigh.

" 2 years ago, I was an Alpha. I had my own unit. Me, Bonbon, Scootaloo, sweetie belle and Apple Bloom.

" Those where the days... Apple bloom got promoted to alpha and chose Sweetie Belle for her Beta. While I of course proudly stepped down, and followed her lead. Truly I can't be any prouder... She was the youngest to ever get promoted to Alpha. This was also the same time when the ODT starts popping in.

" At first it was easy to handle the ODT. but because our culture is about friendship... That's what we tried to do... But it backfired and caused us a lot of good agents.

" To name a few, Apple bloom lost her sight, Sweetie Belle lost her sensation on her back  back legs, and Scootaloo gained giant wings."

" I'm guessing you're a bit confused about Scootaloo right?"

Lyra continues her story.

" Scootaloo grew up with a defective wing and always wanted a cure for that.

"But one faithful day she befriended an ODT that told her that he could give her, her wings. She was so excited and followed the ODTs instructions she travelled for weeks to find the materials.

"As she finished her quest the ODT invited her to a forest for the spell to work... Little did she know she would regret everything.

"At the middle of the forest there she finds both Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle unconscious on the ground."

(Flash back.)

"Alpha! Sweetie Belle! What's going on!?" Scootaloo cried.

" Naive child.... It's for you..." The ODT grinned in malice.

"You...why!?"

"It's so you can have wings of course?" 

The ODT starts to fly High out of reach.

Scootaloo's hatred and anger was the trigger needed for the ODT to cast his spell.

It mutated Scootaloo's wings and made it grow. The size was quite abnormally big for any pegasi... It might actually have the same size as an alicorn. 

She flew up and gave chase and fought the ODT.

(End of flash back.)

"Sadly that ODT is still on the loose." 

" Then reports of befriended ODT starts to turn on us... Some where lucky to have survived some didn't." 

"After  that the problem starts to get worse... The Head Quarters starts to detect massive wave of magical fluctuations and massive amounts of ODT starts to pour in our Dimension."

"The  only safe move the Agency can do now is capture and contain them.... But some of the agents can't forgive or simply forget what the ODT has done... That's why most would resort to violence... Or better yet... Just kill them." 

Lyra then bows down at you.

" Please will you accept my apology for the agency and my fellow agents, Blu?" She says as she tears up.

• Brohoof 1

@Kujamih @Illiad Easle

"Then maybe you should stop referring to me as an 'ODT'. That term is rather degrading if I am to be in the same category as whatever else you've faced. But sure, I guess I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this. I don't know if what you are even saying to me now is true, or what happened back there. But if this really is the case, than I would not expect you to simply forgive someone for trying to harm a foal. Clearly, that's what I am trying to convey to you here. And if I am to hold the answers, I would not be so keen on giving them away to those I don't know." she shrugged. 

"Thanks... I guess?" Bonbon would finish preparing breakfast and is about to head back upstairs.

"You wanna go back up there or do you have plans of your own? I think we've given them enough time to cool down a bit."

@Kujamih

7 hours ago, Kujamih said:

" Please will you accept my apology for the agency and my fellow agents, Blu?" She says as she tears up.

Blu was silent throughout Lyra's retelling of the story, the Kernel transcribing it as it had been doing for their entire conversation.

At the end he thought for a moment, before slowly shaking his head, "No."

His expression wasn't stern though, there was compassion there, "At least... not yet. I... I can understand her position, I can sympathize with it, but that doesn't make it right." He sighed, "I won't hold it against the rest of you, provided it does not happen again, but where I come from, we follow a concept of debt and gratitude. Having committed such a grievous act against me, Alpha is deeply in my debt, and until she garners enough of my gratitude, I will not release her from that debt by forgiving her. Still, I can see how allowing her to pay back that debt would be beneficial to me. So, with a promise that doing so would not put myself at risk again, I... will allow her the opportunity to do so."

He brought his attention back to Lyra, "Now, I'm satisfied, for now, with these answers to my questions. Where do we go from here? It would be unfair of me to not allow you to ask some questions of your own, but I reserve the right to not answer any question if I don't feel I can trust you with the answer."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Even though Blu said no, Lyra smiled and knows that there's still a chance that the two pony could make up. 

"Well I wasn't really expecting a yes from you, but that's as close as I hope I'd get, and I'll take it! Thank you for giving me the chance to make things right again."

" And I think I got through to Alpha, the reason why you got healed up quick was because she sent a medical team to fix you up... They weren't the kindest ponies I tell ya, but those healing magic and medical arts of theirs are in a whole nother level, tell me how is your broken hoof and injury? Do you still feel any pain? I'm curious as well on how good they are..." Lyra would go off track again and apologies.

"Aheheh ... Anyway... I don't really have much to ask you though? And again you have a point. I don't lie but that dosn't mean I can give out wrong information or your secret would be safe with me...hmm..." Lyra pondered on what to ask Blu and it hit her.

"... Can I have a hug?" 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Starforce 

(depending on the situation, you'd either see Lyra hugging Blu or Lyra Sad and not hugging Blu.)

Bon bon would knock at the door and open it.

" I think I gave you ponies enough time to talk it out. And besides, you guys should eat your breakfast while it's still fresh... Thinking things out with an empty stomach is bad to begin with."

Bon bon would give them their salad sandwich.

" Please don't make a mess when eating in this room okay, this is Dusk's Room to begin with."

Edited by Kujamih
  • Brohoof 2

@Kujamih

Blu looked annoyed and somewhat uncomfortable at Lyra's request to hug him, "I'm sorry, but no. I'm just not comfortable with that. We've only just met and I am only, just now, beginning to trust you."

With that and the interruption of Bonbon at the door, Blu was quick to close and secure the Kernel before he could be approached. He raised an eyebrow at the food, it didn't really strike him as a breakfast food, "Thank you, but please... despite appearances I am not a foal. I can manage to be tidy. But that does raise the question as to where I am supposed to stay? I assume that I am not free to go elsewhere, not that any other place would supply accommodation to a colt without family or money?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle @Starforce

Bonbon would laugh at Blu's question and point out.

" Hahaha you truly are from another dimension. Almost everyone who isn't a smile agent would adopt you right on the spot. I bet my nosy neighbors are already waiting for you outside to abduct you and call you their own! Hahahaha... Okay I was just kidding, but you won't have any troubles in this world as long as you're not an ODT... Cuz the Agents can easily track you down..."

Bonbon continues to lecture...

" This is also one of the reasons why ODTs are hunted down... Because pony culture in this dimension is waaaaaaaayyyyy to trusting... And because of that, ODTs like to take advantage of us... Thus the ones who woke from the truth hunt you down. I hope you won't end like the other ODTs..." Bonbon said while looking at both Dusk and Blu.

" You're being rude again Sweetie..." Lyra scolded.

" Sorry... Anyway I suggest you stay here where we can keep an eye on you and the agency, I know that Alpha won't touch you no longer, but that dosn't mean the other branch members and agents would give you or us a slack."

• Brohoof 2

@Kujamih @Illiad Easle

Dusk would step into the room and listen to what they were talking about. "So now what will we be doing, with Alpha? My original thought is clearly out of the question...so what will we be doing with her? Plus, seems like we got a lot to consider going forward." Dusk stated casually. 

• Brohoof 1

@Kujamih @Starforce

Blu looked very nonplussed by Bonbon's description, "Oh joy. If only I weren't the thing that I am I could have everything I'd ever wanted? Well, too bad I am the one thing that separates me from unending happiness."

Before Lyra could respond to that, Blu held up a hoof, "No, that is not an invitation to adopt me. I'm not interested in being adopted again."

He turned his attention back to Bonbon, "So what then? We just stay here until the heat death of the universe? Or is there a plan where we eventually do get to go outside without fear of being murdered on sight?"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Starforce @Illiad Easle

"shoot...." Lyra missed the opportunity to adopt Blu.

Meanwhile Bonbon gave her answer to both Blu and Dusk Radiance.

" Oh you guys can go out if you want. No one's stopping you. just stay close to Ponyville and never live alone without a partner. Oh right you should also wear this." Bonbon gave Blu the same accessory as Dusk have on her horn.

" This equipment helps amplify your magic, but drains your energy twice as fast. It'll help you grow you magic stamina up. And attach this gem to you so the radars won't detect you as an ODT." Bonbon gave the gem to both Blu and Dusk.

The gem at first just looks ordinary but as soon as they try it or touch it, it felt like the gem is absorbing their magic.

" You'll get used to it. Consider it training as well."

Bon bon then goes near them and showed them her bracelet, which detects ODT, seems to not react to them at all.

" See you're now an ordinary pony. Now to your question Dusk.... I really don't know actually... If you want to hunt down Alpha be my guest, but I assure you that the only way you'd meet her is if she wants to meet you. Not even me or Lyra could find that rascal."

Their conversation would get cut as someone seems to be knocking at the door. It was a mail-pony. Bonbon would sign the mail-pony's paper work and starts to read the letters.

Edited by Kujamih
  • Brohoof 2

@Kujamih @Illiad Easle

Dusk looks to them curiously. "I don't even know what Alpha looks like so I wouldn't even know where to start." she replied and looked to Blu somewhat awkwardly as they waited to see what the letters read. Honestly, she wasn't sure what to think of any of this. It was very much like a blur, it all went by like a blur for sure. Perhaps this dimension made it seem like time went by faster - or maybe that was just Twilight forcing herself to mentally deal with awkward situations to begin with. 

Edited by Starforce
  • Brohoof 1

@Kujamih @Starforce

Blu leaned away as Bonbon gave him the ring and the gem, half expecting her to try and put it on for him. He was relieved that he was simply given them to use at his own digression. "That does remind me, I need some proper training in magic. I was taught theory before I ended up here, but I wasn't a unicorn before. Also, are there any lab facilities I can access? Preferably one with secure access to sunlight, like an observatory? Bonus if it's rarely used."

While the Kernel was a marvel of engineering, it was not perfect. That was what the other two parts were supposed to achieve. Red Skybox with the mechanical suit that would carry it, and Gry Backdrop with the advanced power generator. As it stood, the Kernel had about two hours of battery on a full charge, but came with some small solar panels that could keep it fully charged while the sun was out, and recharge it in an hour if it were fully discharged. Until he could set up the panels in a secure place he'd need to use the Kernel sparingly, as he didn't trust that this world would have the proper adaptors, if it had an electrical grid at all.

Still, he'd put on the ring, and stow the masking gem on his person.

• Brohoof 1