Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching (OOC) Ponyville Weather Team

Skylight Scintillate

RP: 

The Ponyville weather team is a group of pegasi in charge of managing the weather in Ponyville. Led by Rainbow Dash, the team has to manage the complicated demands of the town residents. (Such as that grump that's always complaining about the weather no matter what it is. ;P ) In addition, the nearby Everfree Forest is always brewing up some chaotic weather to throw towards Ponyville. Do you have what it takes to be on the Ponyville weather team?

(I will be roleplaying as team captain, Rainbow Dash.)

Edited by Ocean Wavedream
  • Brohoof 1

@Ocean Wavedream

I assume you want a pegasus character, which I actually haven't done too many of.

Let's go with with a fresh recruit to the weather team, a mare by the name of Sandy Fire. Coloration similar to Spitfire, who she idolizes, but her mane/tail are actually brown. She dyes them to try and match Spitfire. Her mark is of a lit torch in front of a rain cloud.

@Illiad Easle

Yes, that character could work. Having her idolize Spitfire brings up an important question though: What should Rainbow Dash's relation to the Wonderbolts be? Solely idolizing them like Sandy Fire? Part of the Wonderbolts academy? Part of the Wonderbolts reserve? A full-fledged Wonderbolts member? If you have a preference I will go with that.

Finally, how would they meet each other? I was thinking we start off the roleplay with Sandy Files and Rainbow Dash filling out the files to hire her and talking about what it means to be on the weather team, but what do you think?

@Ocean Wavedream

I've no preference on where RD sits, feel free to situate her wherever you feel comfortable portraying her. 

Per the starting scene, filling out paperwork sounds like a reasonable place, maybe as an entrance interview where questions can be asked? 

(edited)

@Illiad Easle

Ok, let's say that Rainbow Dash is a cadet at the Wonderbolts Academy, so sometime in the later half of season 3. 

An interview sounds like a nice place to start. It would be a great way for both characters to get to know each other. 

Do you have any more questions or things we should figure out about the RP before we start? (And if we are ready to start, should I start or should you start?)

Edited by Ocean Wavedream

• The title was changed to (OOC) Ponyville Weather Team
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@Skylight Scintillate

It's a rarity here when an RP makes it all the way to it's natural conclusion, I'm glad we were able to see it to this point.

To be honest, I can probably count on my fingers the number of RPs I've been in that actually got to the end, so many of them just petered out, not for lack of trying on my end though, I always made sure to have the last post in any 1x1, or be in the last round of any group rps.

I look forward to seeing how our next one goes.