Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Most underrated episodes?

xLuneti

What's in your opinion the most underrated episode of the show? I have two that I consider are of the best from the franchise: "The gift of the maud pie" and "flutter butter" are so good

• Brohoof 3

My choice for my most underrated episode is "Gauntlet of Fire".

Mainly, because it is the first episode where my two favorite ponies Twilight Sparkle and Rarity team up to help encourage Spike. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 4

7 hours ago, xLuneti said:

flutter butter" are so good

you too? Awesome! Zephyr Breeze may be obnoxious most of the time, but he hide the very relatable fear of failure. Something that I and everyone can connect with. if it hadn't been for this episode I never would have gotten the confidence to finish my education in college and would have given up right there and then.

I also consider the Parent Map to be an underrated episode mostly because of the relatability between me and Sunburst's relationship with his overbearing mother reminding me of my own stepmother who sometimes can be a little overbearing as well.

• Brohoof 2

I personally find Equestria Games to be pretty underrated.  While sure it may not actually focus on the titular games themselves, which I understand being disappointed by, but honestly I found it to be one of the episodes I ended up relating to the most.  The whole message about not beating yourself up for your mistakes is something that I have been through before, and I felt that the show actually did a really good job at showcasing what it feels to be in that position and that it did a great job at getting me to emphasize with Spike there.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 8

Absolutely The Gift of the Maud Pie and Flutter Brutter. I thought Feeling Pinkie Keen was underrated from being misunderstood, then I saw the reaction to Flutter Brutter. :maud: Another good one is definitely Equestria Games with everyone hating on it just for being a Spike episode. Did people really believe the games were going to be that interesting? It Ain't Easy Being Breezies is also a big one that I never understood the distaste for. Twilight Sparkle temporarily turned herself and her friends into Breezies, the horror. :mustache:

• Brohoof 3

Too Many Pinkie Pies, which is one of my favourites from season 3. It's pretty wacky, but I still get a lot of enjoyment out of it. I also have a huge soft spot for It Ain't Easy Being Breezies and Flutter Brutter.

• Brohoof 3

42 minutes ago, Cash_In said:

Too Many Pinkie Pies, which is one of my favourites from season 3. It's pretty wacky, but I still get a lot of enjoyment out of it. I also have a huge soft spot for It Ain't Easy Being Breezies and Flutter Brutter.

Yeah and I think it was especially important that the real Pinkie Pie was the one to come up with that little test. And you like Flutter Brutter too? Awesome

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

Castle Sweet Castle. It generally fell into the trap of being a decent episode in a well received season with many decent episodes that are remembered better. It’s the Mike Schmidt of Season 5. Worthy of praise and admiration, but overshadowed by better performances 

• Brohoof 4

• 3 months later...