Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Another problem I have with 3x11 (Just for Sidekicks)

Kaitlynne

3 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Who said that the gem cave is easily accessible and always has resources to mine? If that's how it worked, I'm sure Spike would be fat. :mlp_nom:

I mean it looks pretty full of gems in the episodes we see it in. It’s not like a crop where some years it doesn’t yield as well as others.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, JMTV99 said:

Um, wacky hi-jinks, I guess? :scoots:

Yeah, Just for Sidekicks is a pretty terrible episode.

I liked that Spike learnt his lesson and that it was the few episodes where Angel did something nice.

1 hour ago, Will Guide said:

Because it's a Faraway walk to the gem cave as we saw in a dog and pony show it's not exactly turn left at the quill and couch shop

Fair, but it would have been easier than sitting a bunch of pets for a day.

• Brohoof 2

• The title was changed to Another problem I have with 3x11 (Just for Sidekicks)

A lot of Season 3 episodes focusing on Spike.... Let's see who wrote this episode... I don't know that writer.

When was the gems cave invented? Season 7? I think it was there in Rocksolid Friendship. Maybe the problem was that there were no official source for getting gems yet? I am not trying to say any of the Spike episodes were any good, but this was pretty early on.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah this one doesn't sound like an issue. The only time before this episode where we saw the gem cave was in a Dog and Pony Show, and it's not exactly next door

• Brohoof 2