Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet Speculation/Discussion Thread (Spoilers ahead)

ggg-2

Generation 9 is officially underway! Quicker than I expected and I don't know if they'll include any special gimmick this time like they have been every generation since generation 6 introduced Mega Evolution. ......And they officially killed the Chinese Zodiac fire starter theory by basing Fuecoco on a crocodile..

• Brohoof 1

I am so hyped. Few things in video gaming get me more excited than a new generation of Pokémon. 

Official title art:

D7586CCF-3BE4-433E-919B-FE8499D4EA27.jpeg

- These are interesting titles and not ones I was anticipating. We will have to see how names coincide with the story.

Official starters:

3F6022D3-DE20-4A0E-926B-CFECC1730023.jpeg

- These 3 are all adorable but so far, my favorite is Sprigatito. My opinion who is the best starter will be set in stone when we eventually see their full evolution lines but for now, I am team grass kitty. Fuecoco has the most unique design as well as the most unique name. I am neutral toward Quaxly, not impressed or let down either way.

Official protagonists:

17352579-3C22-436C-AA06-9A89B8C2B2D9.png

- I don’t like them. To make them look exactly the same with only hairstyle as a difference screams laziness…not only that but they look too simple for my taste, nothing makes them unique.

The Pokétuber aDrive made a trailer analysis video that is worth checking out:

2 hours ago, ggg-2 said:

Quicker than I expected

This shouldn’t have surprised you much. We knew Pokémon Day/Presents was coming February 27th and, given a new generation comes every 3 years, this announcement should not have caught you off guard. The timing was perfect. Also, if you keep up with the Chinese riddler, you’d know that G9 was, with little doubt, coming today  ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, The Wife of Arataki said:

This shouldn’t have surprised you much. We knew Pokémon Day/Presents was coming February 27th and, given a new generation comes every 3 years, this announcement should not have caught you off guard. The timing was perfect. Also, if you keep up with the Chinese riddler, you’d know that G9 was, with little doubt, coming today  ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Well by "quicker than I expected" take into mind that at the time of the announcement, Pokémon Legends Arceus had only been out for a day short of a month.

Honestly, I really need to get into Pokemon, and this may FINALLY be the game(s) that get me over the barrier! Here's hoping!

I'm waiting for the base stats to become available before I make a choice regarding the starter. I build generation teams based around special attack so whichever of these new starters has the highest special attack in its final form is what I will go with. And yes, this is going to be my ninth generation team. I have one for each of the previous eight so I must continue on with this trend. A generation team consists of Pokemon from a particular generation and nothing else. Regional forms go under their original generation iterations as they are still numbered as they come in the National Pokedex.

I am expecting another Dragon type pseudo-legendary.

I'm very excited for these games! I was excited for gen 8, but they kinda let me down since I didn't care for a lot of the pokemon and I really don't like the gigamax gimmick, so I have high hopes for Scarlet and Violet :) Personally I'll probably be doing Violet version with Sprigatito as my starter, but we'll have to see what the evolutions turn out to be and what inevitable game exclusives there will be as well.

I also have to note that I really appreciate the improvements on the graphics side of things compared to sword and shield. Actually giving pokemon the textures they should have- it's a nice, long-due touch! I hope they keep some elements from Legends Arceus too- I love the mechanic of being able to just throw pokeballs out in the wild without having to battle, as well as alphas and the grit items

I didn't really expect gen 9 to be released this year due to Legends Arceus, but I'm pleasantly surprised  So far I have to say that it looks pretty promising.  It being described as being open world is really exciting.  I also really love the new starters and think they might even be some of the best we have had in a while. 

So yeah it looks pretty good so far and I can't wait until November where I can get it.

I'm very excited for Gen 9. I was not expecting it to be released so early. Already loving the starters, especially Sprigatito. I really liked Gen 8 but the Gigantamax thing kinda felt like a disappointment. But overall, I'm very excited for Pokemon Violet and Pokemon Scarlet.

I'm on a mixed bag on this one,  given I do love pokemon and might get a Switch in the next year or a Switch Lite at least.  It looks like we will have the open world play like the pokemon legends arceus.    Also I would love to see if we might get some new legendries with this one!   Starter wise,   50/50 on this one...:orly: