Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So how would Equestria and it's poniee deal with a problem of this magnitude?

Jerry246

(edited)

The most feared and famous Pirate, the Saltiest scallywag of the the seas and skies conducting a series of extremely destructive raids on coastal Equestrian cities with his vast fleet of sea and airships, specifically focusing mostly on the big score: Manehattan. Sacking and looting this Metropolis of anything of value and setting the city on fire as they drunkenly and mockingly sing their celebration song as Manehattan burns in the night. Believing that they've gotten away with raiding the largest city in Equestria.

"Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me. We kindle and char and in flame and ignite.Drink up me hearties, Yo Ho! We burned up the city. We're really a fright.Drink up me hearties, Yo Ho!

Surely these onies are too scared to enact vengeance on the meanest and most feared pirate for destroying a major city. They won't do anything about it. . . would they?

The second issue of this situation would be the wave of pillagings that would occur after this raid as other pirates, now emboldened by the sack of Manehattan, would continue to sack Equestrian ports with little time for them to recover until they're completely sacked into physical and economic ruin. Unable to rebuilf in time due to repeated attacks.

How do you think Equestria would react and respond to this sudden wave of piracy and the attacks on it's cities? How are they going to deal with the devastation wrought upon by these raids? I mean imagine those inhabitants of those cities having their lives taken or ruined. Homes and businesses destroyed, loved ones either kidnapped or dead.

For the case of the Mane 6, Imagine Celestia writing about one of these raids to Twilight as if it were a friendship problem and by the time they do arrive, the raid had already ended and the damage having been done. 

Edited by Jerry246

A group of ponies being disrespectful, say by creating a wake with a speed boat, might be a friendship problem, but this is a matter of national security.

The royal guard need to be stationed at all ports, marinas need to hire or expand their private security, airships need to patrol the coast, and the wonderbolts put on standby. Maybe the Hippogriffs can assist.

My understanding of Blackbeard in our time, was that he became the most wanted individual within the empire, and no resources were spared by the royal navy to dispatch him. Piracy only works on a small scale where you can make a profit, and speedily retreat to enjoy it in safety. Larger targets come with greater repercussions.

14 hours ago, SharpWit said:

My understanding of Blackbeard in our time, was that he became the most wanted individual within the empire, and no resources were spared by the royal navy to dispatch him. Piracy only works on a small scale where you can make a profit, and speedily retreat to enjoy it in safety. Larger targets come with greater repercussions.

There was also Bartholomew Roberts, the most successful irate captain in history who had 470 ships.