Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Them's Fighting Herds is coming to Nintendo Switch

Megas

I had no idea until today that it was getting a console release, shoot. Thought it was just going to be on the PC, so this is a pleasant surprise. I will most certainly be getting this, since I find it to be even more important to be supporting MLP fan projects than the MLP franchise. 

They say hasbro likes to cash grab... Aren't they doing the same too?:discord_balloon:

Anyway it's not worth it since you only have how many? 6 or 7 characters to play with? Might wait for a sale or an update of at least more than 10 characters....or updated their open world or a gimmick.

3 hours ago, Kujamih said:

They say hasbro likes to cash grab... Aren't they doing the same too?:discord_balloon:

Not really. The console releases were a perk that was reached on the old IndieGoGo campaign. It's been quite a few years, but I'm relieved to see this finally come about. Will be happy to buy a copy for my Switch (and whatever PlayStation version).

11 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

I had no idea until today that it was getting a console release, shoot. Thought it was just going to be on the PC, so this is a pleasant surprise. I will most certainly be getting this, since I find it to be even more important to be supporting MLP fan projects than the MLP franchise. 

Pretty sure they having a publisher helped them with pushing forward a console release :huh:. Anyway, not a fan of fighting games in general, too much of a learning curve for me, but hey, it’s part of the fandom, has a story mode, and a pony voice :mlp_icwudt:

On 2022-03-06 at 11:41 AM, Megas said:

'Bout damn time. Kinda surprised this hasn't shown up on consoles for the longest time friday night funkin

Inspired is putting it lightly. The game was originally just MLP fighting game but they got CAD from Hasbro and Lauren Faust, creator of that MLP season liked the game do much she personally designed the new characters.

• Brohoof 2

15 hours ago, tandranye said:

Inspired is putting it lightly. The game was originally just MLP fighting game but they got CAD from Hasbro and Lauren Faust, creator of that MLP season liked the game do much she personally designed the new characters.

Lauren Faust might have felt pity for them. I think she did the wrong thing involving herself with this particular fan creation because this project is requesting money from people (even to this day).

35 minutes ago, Splashee said:

Lauren Faust might have felt pity for them. I think she did the wrong thing involving herself with this particular fan creation because this project is requesting money from people (even to this day).

That, pLuis leaving FIM mainly over creative differences, and an animated adaptation of Medusa being much of the same, let me think she didn’t leave FIM on particularly good terms :unsure:

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Megas said:

I am officially stoked for this! I want my cute fighting game on Switch now!

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Kujamih said:

When is it coming? Is there a release date?

Only listed as Fall 2022 for the time being.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
(edited)

I'm really looking forward to this! :kirin: I clocked in a decent amount of hours playing the Steam version of this game a few years back, so I'm happy to play it on my favorite console (the Switch). Oh and speaking of fighting games, I need to remember to buy the Switch version of Skullgirls at some point too. Still salty that Big Band and Beowulf broke the game, but not salty enough to actually quit playing the game itself. 

Much like Velvet in Them's Fighting Herds :devious:

Edited by Moonydrop
Wording

So, to keep the hype going, who do you folks main (or should I say “mane”)? :arethosehands:

I remember being an Arizona main when I played TFH on Steam. I love cows since I live in a rural place! :mlp_icwudt: Although, it’s been a few years since I’ve played the game so the move sets have probably been tweaked a lot, so who knows if she’ll still be my main when I get the game on the Switch? 

On 2022-07-01 at 2:31 AM, Mama Patty Thundersnow said:

I am so freaking happy to see TFH expanding to all the platforms. Mane6 have put so much effort into this game, and it really shows. ALso really excited that it's gonna have crossplatform matches.

I wonder if Hasbro will recognize TFH and make talks about a possible crossover :mlp_icwudt:

6 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

I wonder if Hasbro will recognize TFH and make talks about a possible crossover :mlp_icwudt:

I highly doubt this will ever happen. Hasbro axed the original Fighting is Magic, so I expect that will never happen.

7 hours ago, Moonydrop said:

So, to keep the hype going, who do you folks main (or should I say “mane”)? :arethosehands:

I remember being an Arizona main when I played TFH on Steam. I love cows since I live in a rural place! :mlp_icwudt: Although, it’s been a few years since I’ve played the game so the move sets have probably been tweaked a lot, so who knows if she’ll still be my main when I get the game on the Switch? 

They have added somewhat to the supers, movesets are still fairly similar. And Arizona is my fav too.

It really really looks like a rip off of a game I played back in 2013 called Fighting is Magic. I did like the original better since it was more focused on the Flash art style. Now it is so controlled by THAT game engine that they managed to get the Bronies to pay for by sobbing+crowdfunding :yeahno:

On 2022-07-07 at 7:33 AM, Mama Patty Thundersnow said:

I highly doubt this will ever happen. Hasbro axed the original Fighting is Magic, so I expect that will never happen.

Considering they’ve didn’t C&D gratuitously (probably :unsure:), it ain’t impossible  they may do a collab :fluttershy:

15 hours ago, Splashee said:

It really really looks like a rip off of a game I played back in 2013 called Fighting is Magic. 

Uhhhmm, it was Fighting is Magic tho :huh:, had to change settings and characters because Hasbro C&D’d them :huh: