Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Trailer for My Little Pony: A Maretime Bay Adventure.

CastletonSnob

Yeah, I figured the game would be something like this. A fairly simple adventure with a collection of minigames. I probably won't be getting it, but hey, hopefully it's a fun time.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

The most interesting thing to me about the trailer was when it talked about being able to upgrade Sunny's magical abilities.  Given that it is clear at this point that her alicorn transformation was some form of temporary powerup, I wonder if through this game we will get a better understanding over how it works through this system of upgrading it.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 2

Still has better graphics than Legends: Arceus.

Looks acceptable for what it is. Probably won't be anything for me, but that is to be expected. Might try it out if word of mouth is positive.

Still somewhat bitter we didn't get a turn-based RPG in Gen 4, though. :pout:

• Brohoof 3

Wasn't expecting much; looks like a basic collection-based platformer.

And honestly; that kinda speaks to me! I know this won't be Spyro, Rayman, or even Hat in Time-esque quality, but it looks like good fun!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

It looks good to me, honestly. Graphically better than I expected for sure and the gameplay's also definitely looking better than what we got from the last official MLP game on console, Pinkie Pie's Party. 

Edited by CloudMistDragon
  • Brohoof 1

They could only showcase so much so as to not accidentally reveal too many secrets. What they did show will be enough to convince those who want it to go and get it for themselves. Me? I rarely purchase non-Nintendo developed games, and even then, I do prefer quality as opposed to something that may or may not have been quickly made to make a buck.

I'll give this game props for being a collect-a-thon (I've always enjoyed games like that).

• Brohoof 1

I thought I was the first one to bring attention to the announcement trailer but apparently this topic started before I even brought it up in another topic. Anyway... It just looks like a basic platforming game with some fun collectibles to seek out. But yeah the game does seem to confirm that those Alicorn wings that we saw at the end of the pilot movie were not just permanent. If anything, they're more like a temporary power up

5 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

Looks like a pleasant game and the multiplayer feature is a huge plus for me. Hopefully it won’t have the feature where P2 is forced to follow P1 if they try to veer off on their own path. 

Wait they actually do multiplayer games like that? The multiplayer games I've been playing so far usually have each other that the camera tried to fit everyone on screen at once

• Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, Sonic Shimmer said:

Is this also on PS5? I might buy it if it is. Not sure how I'll explain it to my non Brony PSN friends though :blush:

I sure hope you already have a PS5; I heard that there might be a low stock of those systems because of what's been going on where they manufacturer the components of the system

7 hours ago, Starforce said:

Reminds me a lot of the mario games. 

Funny because on deviantART someone made a a fake box or cover for the Wii U called My Little Pony main six adventures that plays like a New Super Mario Bros you game. They basically describe what the levels would be like and in a comment I personally added on what I think would make great power-ups and how each of the main six would have their pros and cons.

I just wonder how much this game of Maritime bay Adventure will have the feel of either a 2d Mario game where it's about getting from point A to point B or those earlier 3D Mario games where you have a vast open world to explore where you can seek out the macguffins

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

:o

The gameplay here looks like A Hat in Time meets Mario Party meets Super Mario Odyssey. It's cool, but I'm looking forward to Klonoa more than this to be honest.

Edited by Sasoriman
  • Brohoof 1