Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A-list guest stars for G5.

CastletonSnob

I sincerely do not care about a bunch of "celebrities". Celebrity worship culture is a poison. A show like this doesn't actually gain anything from signing some overpaid person like Dwayne Johnson, other than the typical "celebrity exposure" that everyone loves so much. No point in trying to get these people when they will ask for way too much money because they think they are kings deserving to be lavished with gold. To hell with that. 

• Brohoof 4

The actors you listed are way too expensive for Hasbro to consider. They are also likely too busy with other projects to commit to commit to making a voiceover appearance. At best, we're likely to get B-list actors and maybe the occasional A-lister who happens to be cheap enough for Hasbro to consider.

9 hours ago, Megas said:

I don’t care as long as they can get Peter Cullen 

Him and/or Frank Welker. Even better would be both of them in the same episode.

• Brohoof 3

32 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

The actors you listed are way too expensive for Hasbro to consider. They are also likely too busy with other projects to commit to commit to making a voiceover appearance. At best, we're likely to get B-list actors and maybe the occasional A-lister who happens to be cheap enough for Hasbro to consider.

Him and/or Frank Welker. Even better would be both of them in the same episode.

And even then, it's not something we should expect to see out of the gate.  I mean it did take FiM quite a while to get to special guest stars for its episodes, so even if Make Your Mark ever does the same, it most likely wouldn't be in its first season.  

• Brohoof 2

6 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

I sincerely do not care about a bunch of "celebrities". Celebrity worship culture is a poison. A show like this doesn't actually gain anything from signing some overpaid person like Dwayne Johnson, other than the typical "celebrity exposure" that everyone loves so much. No point in trying to get these people when they will ask for way too much money because they think they are kings deserving to be lavished with gold. To hell with that. 

Uh...yeah, this pretty much sums up my thoughts exactly. There's no need for Hasbro to break the bank on big-name celebrities to make G5 "more recognizable", and that's disregarding my opinion on celebrities as a whole, which is that most of them are flankholes paid to spew rubbish. Don't believe me? See how it's worked out for a big-name cartoon like The Simpsons, see how getting all sorts of "high-profile" celebrities has helped keep a show like that's relevance from declining. G5 should be focused on making its mark by giving us high-quality content, not seeing how many famous people it can get on board, especially with the value of celebrity endorsements waning more and more each day. 

Having any celebrity guest star once in awhile would be cool, the same frequency we had of them in G4. I don't care if they are A-list.

• Brohoof 1

I was happy with William Shatner and Maurice LaMarche.

Personally, I'd like to see either Alec Willows (the voice actor for Tarantulas from Beast Wars: Transformers) or Venus Terzo (the voice actor for Blackarachnia) voicing a G-5 incarnation of "Augh", the giant spider from G-1! 

Maybe none of the voice actors I've talked about are A-list, but I like them!

I think that an appearance of a guest star seldomly is a good idea, but it should definitely not be a regular occurrence, nor should it be relied upon in maintaining a good reputation and solid income for the show.