Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Are Military-Based Game and Shooter Game Releases at Risk?

Photon Jet

Hi everypony.

There's something that's been on my mind in light of recent world events which I will not say due to reasons. It's about military and shooter video games from all consoles that are coming soon. I'm concerned that what's going on right now could impact releases of upcoming games coming soon or even worse, hurt sales. I know these kind of games have been around long ago and we still enjoy them even to this day. But to read that Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp was delayed because of it, I fear the same could apply to other military-based shooter games or a variety of shooter games, especially Splatoon 3 which I'm so looking forward to.

Do you think this could happen soon enough? Please let me know as soon as you can.

I mean...there have been cases of something happening...but games like Splatoon would keep being produced. To me, the Call of Duty series doesn't really change...it's pretty much the same multiplayer mode, zombies, and the campaign is almost the same in each game...all that's different is the exterior looks...

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Photon Jet said:

I'm concerned that what's going on right now could impact releases of upcoming games coming soon or even worse, hurt sales

As a customer, sales shouldn't be a concern. Leave that to the developers to worry about. If they want the games released, with will release them. If the fans want the games, they will get the games.

• Brohoof 1

Nintendo delayed Advance Wars because one of the earliest moments in the game involved a Russian-like army invading another nation, and its not exactly the first time Nintendo delayed an Advance Wars game due to global crises(very first game released in the US literally a day before 9/11 happened, and was delayed in EU and Japan as a result)

It’s the only game of its kind being delayed as a result of the war at the moment, don’t know if it’ll be the case for other games(or if it already is)

• Brohoof 1

The only kind of games I can imagine being censored, delayed, or even canceled are Russian-made games (yes, there's one that's supposed to come out this year called Atomic Heart) and games portraying Russian military events. Otherwise, we've had all sorts of military/shooter games come out while there's been war going on in the world for years now. 

• Brohoof 1