Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ponysona in the works

Tav

Whenever I make original characters, I’m very bland and often have 0 ability to be creative :| does anyone have any tips??? I’m going to color it ofc but I’m very slumped because idk how I’ll make it look good >_<

E85C37BD-76BC-44A5-BBFC-AAA6D74E3516.png

Everyone has a different process for making characters. Sometimes, they can be based on one of your interests. For example, I have my character Nitro Spark. He's a pegasus...but he street races in a car. Pegasi fly, so I had to get creative. I also did the same with an earth pony OC of mine named Rumbler, who was supposed to be the greatest wrestler dubbed by his parents, but he plays bass, street races and loves animals. He's a gentle giant. 

My point is, maybe start with basing your character off of something you really like. Look at all your interests and go from there. Then, make a story around it. I could help you if you'd like. 

Also, I went ahead and moved your topic to the Trixie's Tricks section since you need help with making your OC and not just the visual aspects. 

@Tav

Moved to Photo Finish’s Magics (Visual Art), as this is where users ask for assistance in drawing photos of MLP characters.

You can google "mlp drawing guide" for some examples about basic pony anatomy on the image section. They may help you improve your character.

About the palette. One way is to associate your evocative response to certain colors with the personality type of this given character.

For the color palette, I'd suggest that you start by thinking about what you want for your character, think about their personality, interests, talents, etc. These could help give you an idea how to express your character. If that doesn't work, try thinking on how you can implement yourself into your ponysona

You can also try experimenting with colors for your OC until you got something your satisfied with, though I only recommend it if you have no idea what to do with your character