Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc MLP G5 Adventure RP between Thunder Dash, Sparklefan1234 and Totally Lyra

Courageous Thunder Dash

• The title was changed to MLP G5 Adventure RP between Thunder Dash, Sparklefan1234 and Totally Lyra

@Courageous Thunder Dash

If I derail things in this RP and do nothing but make stupid jokes or weird references that's just my style and I apologize in advance. :twismile:

I DO NOT take things seriously when I write in RP or AAP because I'd much rather be having fun trying to make people laugh instead of

being totally in character all of  the time.

People have called me out for being OOC with certain responses in the past and that takes the fun out of things for me.

---

I hope this makes sense and that it isn't a problem for you or your vision for this RP. :sunny:

• Brohoof 1

@Sparklefan1234

Well...see...the thing is...I was kinda expecting a different beginning. Yes, this is an adventure. Yes, there will be plenty of room for jokes and shenanigans...but going OOC in every post just seems a little...too much...it feels like the RP is trying to establish a path...I know it's your style...but I'd like if you could adhere to the plotline...you can still make your jokes...but it'll make the RP more cohesive and less random...that's just how I am in RPs...:lie:

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Courageous Thunder Dash

If I derail things in this RP and do nothing but make stupid jokes or weird references that's just my style and I apologize in advance. :twismile:

I DO NOT take things seriously when I write in RP or AAP because I'd much rather be having fun trying to make people laugh instead of

being totally in character all of  the time.

People have called me out for being OOC with certain responses in the past and that takes the fun out of things for me.

---

I hope this makes sense and that it isn't a problem for you or your vision for this RP. :sunny:

Why not say, you are related to pinkie pie? Problem solved :ButtercupLaugh:

7 hours ago, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

Well...see...the thing is...I was kinda expecting a different beginning. Yes, this is an adventure. Yes, there will be plenty of room for jokes and shenanigans...but going OOC in every post just seems a little...too much...it feels like the RP is trying to establish a path...I know it's your style...but I'd like if you could adhere to the plotline...you can still make your jokes...but it'll make the RP more cohesive and less random...that's just how I am in RPs...:lie:

I suppose I could try doing things your way but I'm not much for "structure" or "doing things a certain way to get to __" when it comes to writing.

When I write I write for my own enjoyment more than anything else and I'm trying to make that 100% clear to you. :blush:

I like just being able to say whatever I want and play off of the other characters reaction.

Basically, our styles clash and I'm SO SORRY. :sunny:

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I suppose I could try doing things your way but I'm not much for "structure" or "doing things a certain way to get to __" when it comes to writing.

When I write I write for my own enjoyment more than anything else and I'm trying to make that 100% clear to you. :blush:

I like just being able to say whatever I want and play off of the other characters reaction.

Basically, our styles clash and I'm SO SORRY. :sunny:

It's okay...I just hope you'll still enjoy RPing with me...:blush:

• Brohoof 1

"Your content length is below the threshold required to post." @Courageous Thunder Dash @Totally Lyra

Huh. I've responded using characters one right after the other before but I can't respond to Thundy, post it and then respond to Sunny this time. :ooh:

Update: I was able to RP Izzy and Pipp on the most recent post but it didn't work the first time on the posts from earlier in the day. :mlp_wat:

Edited by Sparklefan1234

@Sparklefan1234 I thought about skipping past Pipp and Sunny's phone call, but this seemed way more fun. :P

12 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"Your content length is below the threshold required to post." @Courageous Thunder Dash @Totally Lyra

Huh. I've responded using characters one right after the other before but I can't respond to Thundy, post it and then respond to Sunny this time. :ooh:

Update: I was able to RP Izzy and Pipp on the most recent post but it didn't work the first time on the posts from earlier in the day. :mlp_wat:

The minimum character count will get you. It says minimum 20 characters, but that's incorrect. It's 200 characters in the RP section.

2 minutes ago, Totally Lyra said:

The minimum character count will get you. It says minimum 20 characters, but that's incorrect. It's 200 characters in the RP section.

They should put that somewhere! :yeahno:

3 minutes ago, Totally Lyra said:

rklefan1234 I thought about skipping past Pipp and Sunny's phone call, but this seemed way more fun. :P

We need them to interact. That said, I need to work more with Izzy because my "Pinkie Pie" is particularly weak. :sunny: 

1 minute ago, Totally Lyra said:

I think they'll be meeting up soon. Sunny just had to remember that she had a phone first. :adorkable:

I hope so. Izzy knows a LOT about griffons. Like, did you know that they're not all named "Griffin"? 

31 minutes ago, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

Hope I didn't spoil the mood with my latest post...

I *really* wanted Della Duck to make a random cameo for a "Ponies, amirite?" joke during Thundy's annoyed grumbling but I held off on the impulse. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I *really* wanted Della Duck to make a random cameo for a "Ponies, amirite?" joke during Thundy's annoyed grumbling but I held off on the impulse. 

I know how tough it is when RP styles are extremely different...ugh...

• Brohoof 1

Moments ago, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

I know how tough it is when RP styles don't match...ugh...

I'm trying my best to keep things as close to "reality" as possible. :kindness:

• Brohoof 1

@Sparklefan1234 Just a heads up on a trap you might be falling into that gets a lot of newer RP'ers. Our characters don't know as much as we do.  We see what's written so we know everything that's going on, but our characters don't unless they have a valid reason to. For example, unless Pipp is a mind reader, she probably doesn't know what Thundy is thinking until he says it.

Also, please let me know if you see anything I can improve on too.

• Brohoof 2

49 minutes ago, Totally Lyra said:

Just a heads up on a trap you might be falling into that gets a lot of newer RP'ers. Our characters don't know as much as we do.  We see what's written so we know everything that's going on, but our characters don't unless they have a valid reason to. For example, unless Pipp is a mind reader, she probably doesn't know what Thundy is thinking until he says it.

Sorry. I thought I covered that well enough. :sunny:

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Totally Lyra said:

@Sparklefan1234 Just a heads up on a trap you might be falling into that gets a lot of newer RP'ers. Our characters don't know as much as we do.  We see what's written so we know everything that's going on, but our characters don't unless they have a valid reason to. For example, unless Pipp is a mind reader, she probably doesn't know what Thundy is thinking until he says it.

Also, please let me know if you see anything I can improve on too.

Yes, I agree with this...that's exactly what threw me off in the first post. I referenced an RP I just finished and then the 4th wall was just shattered just like that.

Also, Chelsea flicked her own ears, not anypony else's

@Sparklefan1234

• Brohoof 2

12 minutes ago, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

Yes, I agree with this...that's exactly what threw me off in the first post. I referenced an RP I just finished and then the 4th wall was just shattered just like that.

Also, Chelsea flicked her own ears, not anypony else's

I'm SO sorry. :(