Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will G5 revive the fandom?

CastletonSnob

Do you think there's a chance G5 could revive the brony fandom, and maybe be as popular and successful as G4?

I personally don't see it. MLP: FiM was lightning in a bottle. It was a mix of the right people working on the show, and the show coming out at the right time.

• Brohoof 1

20 hours ago, CastletonSnob said:

Do you think there's a chance G5 could revive the brony fandom, and maybe be as popular and successful as G4?

Does the fandom need a revival?

I'm not sure how well Gen 5 going to do if the eight episode first season of the new Netflix series is a real thing since that seems really low

for a brand new MLP generation that Hasbro wants to be successful. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

The idea of a 'revival' is kind of silly; tbh. Just let the show be its own thing and the fandom will be fine in the end. It doesn't need to experience the highs (and lows) of years past.

• Brohoof 2

17 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I'm not sure how well Gen 5 going to do if the eight episode first season of the new Netflix series is a real thing since that seems really low

How do you know what happened in that episode already?

• Brohoof 1

From my last status about this subject

"Interesting how people always says is the brony fandom is dead when MLP:FIM is like one of the only successful fandoms that is still having conventions worldwide, even after covid, and lots of shows with big fandoms never even had one convention centered around them."

But if you mean that the fandom will be as large as it's peak then I doubt it. The animation, the fact that the pony fim thing has been done already, bronies are not a new thing so the news is not going to shed light on them as they once did meaning less exposure, etc. Reasons. 

• Brohoof 4

What do you mean by "revive"? Are you implying the fandom is dead or something? Let me tell you. The fandom is perfectly fine. Just look at it go. Wait a minute. Wait... Did you see it? It kinda moved its leg a little. That is what I call being alive and well.

For real. I don't think so. The fandom may get some activity back. But nothing to the extent of G4.
Also, there is nothing so far that has struk me as much as when I first saw that extremely inappropriate fanart of trixie and promptly fell in love with FiM. Of course, I could be completely wrong. And this generation is super awesome, so much in fact that people's head explode with joy. Much like mine did back then. But that is very unlikely.

2 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Does the fandom need a revival?

for a brand new MLP generation Hasbro that wants to be successful. 

from what i heard it's actually gonna be something like 24 episodes but released 8 at a time but please correct me if i'm wrong

• Brohoof 1

i don't think it'll ever reach the same peak as g4 but it'll definitely bring in new people and bring back some old people so there's definitely gonna be more buzz in the fandom i think. it might even be popular for a while because that's how netflix seems to work. also mlp has trended on twitter a few times in the past month or two which is cool fwiw

• Brohoof 1

it would be cool (and surprising) if g5 became as popular as g4, but im not sure if i necessarily want a 'brony revival' if that makes sense. the brony fandom was extremely out of control and just gross.

• Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, snowfall_shy said:

from what i heard it's actually gonna be something like 24 episodes but released 8 at a time but please correct me if i'm wrong

If I recall correctly, yes, but between the releases is a long time, therefore people just call the 8 a "season".

• Brohoof 2

I think people left when G4 finished but there are plenty of people sticking around for G5. I mean, the fandom is keeping the G4 stuff going anyway, and creators like me have already started G5 stuff, so the fandom is still alive. 

• Brohoof 3

I can't really say for sure because G5 is still fairly new. Then again, do it really need to revive the fandom? I don't think so. 

The fandom is fine as it is, even after G4 ended. Let's not focus too much on the status of the fandom, and focus on G5 itself. As long as G5 is entertaining and watchable, then that's all that matters.

10 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I honestly haven’t seen anything. I’m just going by what I’ve read.

And where did you read it from?

• Brohoof 1

Why does the title sound as if the fandom died at one point? I can't say for certain about G5 considering we only have the movie and the news about the upcoming G5 didn't feel very exciting or impactful (yet at least), but I think Hasbro will at least have something to keep the fandom intrigued

There doesn't seem to be much of a resurgence in popularity so far, at least anything comparable to the way G4 became in its first couple seasons. I suppose it's not impossible that putting G5 on Netflix won't result in a comparable explosion of popularity. But the movie hasn't exactly created a full new wave of bronies. Like, people watch it, but the vibes from fans aren't at all comparable. The fan content isn't so prevalent. You used to see G4 stuff all over the internet, and that isn't really happening now. But time will tell. The show will provide more meme-worthy moments, new characters, stuff that could get people talking like they used to. Could be that the G5 fandom a year from now includes a lot of people who don't care about G4 much at all. In which case it wouldn't be so much of a revived fandom as a new fandom.

Edited by Prospekt
clarification
  • Brohoof 1

I don’t think the fandom declined to begin with. It may not be at its peak anymore but there’s still interest. But I don’t think G5 will make it explode again or anything. If the movie didn’t make that happen, the series probably won’t either.

Edited by TomDaBombMLP
  • Brohoof 1

Fandom was never dead to begin with. Far less people sure, but not a corpse by any means. In terms of a resurgence in popularity, I don't see it reaching the heights that G4 did in its prime.

• Brohoof 1