Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will G5 revive the fandom?

CastletonSnob

Will the 80s ever be popular again? (similar question, since how many times will something become popular again, after it was already made popular for being unique?) We had a wave of popularity of everything 80s in and around 2014 (after Twilight screwed up with wings and Lauren Faust was fired): Music, products, everything colorful. FIM was of course not part of that, as the Bronies made sure everything non-G4 was bad, old, girlish, etc.

So will G5 revive the Bronies? Not a chance. That was a one thing internet buzz phenomena.

How about us fans of MLP and FIM here at the Forum? Well, we will be very happy if G5 can keep up a good and interesting story :please: Art needs to be good, but not perfect.

G5 needs better art, better animation, better story, and an understanding and connection to its fans. That is key for a fandom to grow as it did back in the days. The G5 game can in fact give fans access to the 3D models, and thus, create fan content that is far superior to anything Hasbro or Boulder can ever imagine. Fans are always better at finding what fans want.

• Brohoof 1

The fandom does not need a revival. It is alive and well. The initial fascination for the series has ended, yes, but that happens with every fandom. Just because fans of MLP aren’t mentioned in the media, have cringe compilations made on them, etc. nowadays does not mean things have ended. I don’t know where you got the idea that we are dead or dormant.

• Brohoof 2

The fandom may have diminished compared to it's peak, but it never died. Will the interest be as intense as it was during the peak of G4? Who knows, but the fandom does not need a revival

• Brohoof 3

Hasn't this topic been made before? Anyways maybe. G5 is bringing people to the fandom. Ive been observing the boorus and new artists are coming in every week. I dont think 2012 will be reached but i really do believe theres a new era for this fandom with all the new people joining.  Maybe im biased because i joined this fandom BECAUSE of g5 and how good the movie was but i really do think there is a bright future here. Maybe itll reach peak of fim, Who knows!

Also since its being brought up no i dont think the fandom ever died, has it had less activity? sure but G5 has the opportunity to breath new life into the franchise and fandom. Not neccesarily a revival but moreso a new generation of fans

Edited by reesespuffed

As I've said to you before (You know where), G4 was one of those once in a life-time things that are almost impossible to replicate. G5 is going to be successful but needs to do so on its own merits and not on the tails (No pun intended here) of G4. As for the fandom... That will be up to each individual. People come and go but a fandom never truly fades away.

• Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, snowfall_shy said:

ah, oki.

edit: exactly how long?

This thread has a discussion over it. Only 8 for '22 from my understanding, then another 8 later, followed by another 7 even later.

Which makes 0 sense to me since they are on a streaming platform, not a TV channel. 

Edited by TheGleaner

I truly wish MLP fans could ease up on their fandom nostalgia. I do apologize if this comes across as rude, but I have seen a lot of people who seem to complain about the state of the fandom more than actually trying to enjoy the content that gets released. I have seen quite a few topics on this very platform lamenting how the fandom has shrunk, how they think the upcoming Generation will reignite the fervor, or anything similar to that. The fandom has indeed creating quite a few wonderful things, from music, artwork, even games., but I really think people are only hurting themselves when they look back on that too much. It was fun, sure, but times have changed, and they aren't coming back. The best thing you can do at this point is to just enjoy MLP for what it is, regardless of Generation.

• Brohoof 3

I have a feeling it already is. Specifically with teenagers/fandom kids. Im one of those fandom teenagers, and I know watching g5 with my buddy got me back into the show (even if I disliked g5.)

But, also, with all fandoms there is a revival. MLP was in its prime in 2013-2017, its been 5 years, its bound to come back. A lot of the people who were in that fandom are older now, and its time for a new generation (LOL) of fans to come in! It's fun, and I have a strong feeling this summer is going to be our fandoms boom!

I find G5 to be a questionable attempt after a success that is MLP:FIM.

I found it obvious that G5 wasn't going to seem as grand or impactful as G4 was.

Honestly, the flaws with the G5 premiere movie make me have bigger doubts about G5, and the future of the MLP franchise as a whole.

But like with MLP:FIM and the previous generations, there will be highs and lows, and there will be people looking out for them.

💘🐎💫