Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I'm pretty sure the tale of Equestria's founding in "Hearth's Warming Eve" Is a toned down version of what actually happened.

Jerry246

Think about it, The story is likely toned down due to there being descritions of ponies being forced committ practices considered taboo or unaccetable in modern pony society as well as the situation at the time being much more brutal.

Like I don't think the Earth Ponies would just stand there and just stare at each other's anguish.

Freezing_earth_ponies_S2E11.png

appaling as it would be to modern ponies, I'm certain that soe ancient ponies suring that time might have been forced to turn to cannibalism to survive.

Second is the Summit.

Rather than it being orderly and Ponies exchanging words with one another

Audience_of_the_grand_summit_S2E11.png

, the actual summit would have resembled a tavern fight of all things

While I do think Ponies are fully capable of consuming meat, I do think that they are less likely to eat one another than us humans.

Spoiler

Mostly because I think theyre predominantly vegetarian, and likely bury their dead soon after passing. Although the ground would eventually freeze so digging becomes a calorie wasting challenge, but so does chopping up your equally frozen neighbors at some point.

I don't think griffons would be too picky though, especially in regards to eating other sentient species. Best part is you don't have the same risks that come with cannibalism.

I could see a brawl breaking out, but given the time period, the summit would have consisted of Nobles whom I'm sure were still doing relatively well off in comparison to their subjects.

• The title was changed to I'm pretty sure the tale of Equestria's founding in "Hearth's Warming Eve" Is a toned down version of what actually happened.

to be fair, history is extremely toned down in irl history classes too lol

imo cannibalism felt sorta implied given the creature they used to represent their suffering was the windigo of all things

• Brohoof 1

Moments ago, Zero said:

to be fair, history is extremely toned down in irl history classes too lol

imo cannibalism felt sorta implied given the creature they used to represent their suffering was the windigo of all things

Though they could have stuck a bit closer to the source material and made tit so that the windigos are the reason why the onies didn't eat each other. That being in these circumstances they would become corrupted and tur into windigos

Moments ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

The truth would’ve been darker but they’d obviously tone it down for the sake of a show.

an in-universe reasoning being that it was toned down because the original accounts described practices deemed immoral and taboo in modern equestrian society.

Also this was an annual holiday play with children present that just so happened to contain a lot of lore for us fans.

It's not just a show for kids, but a show for kids within a show for kids.