Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Ponies - a Sims style life simulator, but with ponies

aeast667

Hi all! I've been working on this project with a small team for a while now, I'm sure some of you probably heard of it at this point. It's called The Ponies, and it's essentially like the Sims 1 and 2 but with ponies instead of people. Back in 2013, naturally being a diehard fan of The Sims and MLP, I became entranced with Yudhaikeledai's "MLP in The Sims" video, and a few years later I decided to get together a team and begin work on it as an actual game. We've been going since 2017 now, but unfortunately some of our team have hit a few snags irl, so the project has slowed down a lot. I became remotivated lately and began growing the team once more, hoping to get the project on a roll again, which naturally brought me here to share it with y'all! (We are looking for C# programmers who are interested in helping as a couple of our previous ones had to leave the project).

Essentially, the player is able to create several households of ponies, up to 8 within each household. They can move them into a house (or empty lot then build a home if they wish), and begin controlling them. Just like your usual Sims game, ponies have needs that need to be taken care of, and they can socialize with other ponies to build up relationships. You can also direct your ponies to start a career and work their way up the ladder, building skills and friends along the way. Additionally, they'd earn money as they are working, so over time you can buy nicer things for your ponies and build up their house more.

This game is still under development, and it's still in the alpha stages. If you're interested in this project, you can learn a bit more about it on our website. We also have a Discord server! I'd like to hear any feedback you all have about this project, or if you've got questions. :D 

TeaserScreen-1024x576.png

For MLP Forums.png

PoniesWalls.png

Random Objects.png

unknown (6).png

• Brohoof 4

This looks like a really cool project, I've never programmed in C# before so I don't think I'd be of much help but I wish you luck and will make sure to keep myself updated on the project.

Edited by Derpy Pon-3
  • Brohoof 2

That is awesome. I remember seeing some mlp/sims art that looked exactly like the show. It really kickstarted my imagination about an entire sims game based on equestria, with all sort of crazy events and interactions like canterlot festivals, winter wrap up and nightmare night. And all the original characters just wandering around and doing their own thing.

I wish you the best of lucks.

• Brohoof 2